Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's safe to say Marty will be playing this game, as much as I'm pretty sure Lundqvist will be starting on the Rangers' end.

Despite the tenuous goaltending situation on each of the two teams, I just don't see Schneider or Talbot getting the start. Those orders will probably be coming from the top up (NHL brass --> Devils management, etc.)...

I wonder if Schneider changes his mask too ...

... just in case.

Schneider will be just fine with his current mask on the bench....

so happy we dont have chrome jerseys

although i dont mind the red and green 

does this mean marty is starting :smilegah:

There was NEVER a question that Marty is starting...if you even considered otherwise you are delusional

I think it's safe to say Marty will be playing this game, as much as I'm pretty sure Lundqvist will be starting on the Rangers' end.

Despite the tenuous goaltending situation on each of the two teams, I just don't see Schneider or Talbot getting the start. Those orders will probably be coming from the top up (NHL brass --> Devils management, etc.)...

Both organizations know how to treat players who deserve it.

Brodeur has been the franchise for 2 decades

Hank just resigned longterm with the Rags...

Marty vs the Queen at Yankee Stadium

There was NEVER a question that Marty is starting...if you even considered otherwise you are delusional

This might be great for marketing and sentiment, but it isn't the match up that gives either team a chance to win. Right now, Talbot is is outplaying the Queen by a margin and that's fact. Even though i believe CS is overrated a bit (he has to play NOW as a true #1 to see what he's got as a full time guy, plus he's a bit mind F'd right now), he does give the Devils a better chance to win on a nightly basis. CS's performance in the month of Dec has been not of a #1, but he's more likely somewhere towards the guy from Oct/Nov then Dec. 

hah what? we just gave up a top ten pick for a goalie touted as one of the top ten in the league and marty is a lock.

this is not winning.

hah what? we just gave up a top ten pick for a goalie touted as one of the top ten in the league and marty is a lock.

this is not winning.

pretty sure cory is not going to leave just over not playing the stadium series... i mean enless hes a 10 year old whiney little bitch of a baby.. he has no right to be upset about not playing the stadium series over marty.. i think brodeur has earned his right to play that game

pretty sure cory is not going to leave just over not playing the stadium series... i mean enless hes a 10 year old whiney little bitch of a baby.. he has no right to be upset about not playing the stadium series over marty.. i think brodeur has earned his right to play that game

and today too right

Just letting everyone know the arena had a display out in the Den today with Stadium Series stuff. For the jerseys they have the regular throwback and the stadium series patches can be bought separately if you want it added to the jersey. They also had some cool shirts, jackets, pucks etc for the Stadium Series game.

There's no question Brodeur is starting this game.  Even if the coaching staff believes Schneider gives the team the best chance to win, Brodeur obviously needs to play in games too, and there's no way they tell him to sit this one out after what he has done for this franchise.  If this were a playoff game then that's a different story, but it's worth the same two points every other game is worth, and Brodeur is playing on a regular basis in those too.

• 2 weeks later...

Not working, what was it?

Cory will likely have another chance to play outside during his career.  Marty will not.  I think he earned it.

Marty more than earned it...

Not working, what was it?

Marty more than earned it...

Sorry the stupid Google thing didn't copy appropriately.  The link is dead but look at what the name and url link says:

Reebok New Jersey Devils 2014 Stadium Series Men's Premier

shop.nhl.com/.../Reebok_New_Jersey_Devils_2014_Stadium_Series_Me...

New rumors are they were taking pre-orders for Devils Stadium series premier jerseys last night but then shut it down.  They are supposed to ship out by March and they may have the chrome crest after all.

Edit: This was also the link from Fanatics last night which is also dead:

http://www.fanatics.com/NHL_New_Jersey_Devils/Reebok_New_Jersey_Devils_2014_Stadium_Series_Mens_Premier_Custom_Jersey/partnerid/8429/source/GPA_CA?CAWELAID=&CAWELAID=330000530000647599

In case you didn't know, Fanatics runs shop.nhl.com as well as pretty much every other major league online store.  When you order from shop.nhl.com, it ships from a Fanatics warehouse but they slap a shop.nhl.com label on the box and packing slip (my company does that too for our shipments).  Fanatics in turn is owned by Ebay Enterprises.‎

Edited by DevsMan84

Sorry the stupid Google thing didn't copy appropriately.  The link is dead but look at what the name and url link says:

Reebok New Jersey Devils 2014 Stadium Series Men's Premier

shop.nhl.com/.../Reebok_New_Jersey_Devils_2014_Stadium_Series_Me...

New rumors are they were taking pre-orders for Devils Stadium series premier jerseys last night but then shut it down.  They are supposed to ship out by March and they may have the chrome crest after all.

Edit: This was also the link from Fanatics last night which is also dead:

http://www.fanatics.com/NHL_New_Jersey_Devils/Reebok_New_Jersey_Devils_2014_Stadium_Series_Mens_Premier_Custom_Jersey/partnerid/8429/source/GPA_CA?CAWELAID=&CAWELAID=330000530000647599

In case you didn't know, Fanatics runs shop.nhl.com as well as pretty much every other major league online store.  When you order from shop.nhl.com, it ships from a Fanatics warehouse but they slap a shop.nhl.com label on the box and packing slip (my company does that too for our shipments).  Fanatics in turn is owned by Ebay Enterprises.‎

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll tell you this much. If the Devils skate out there wearing jerseys with a chrome logo after the CCM Classics line was marketed for the last month or so then have the fans be able to pre-order or purchase a chrome version AFTER they spent $ on the CCM Classics. Not to mention it'll be after the game.......well, fill in the blanks where this will go..... :e-drama:

I'll tell you this much. If the Devils skate out there wearing jerseys with a chrome logo after the CCM Classics line was marketed for the last month or so then have the fans be able to pre-order or purchase a chrome version AFTER they spent $ on the CCM Classics. Not to mention it'll be after the game.......well, fill in the blanks where this will go..... :e-drama:

lol I was actually thinking just that before.  People are already going nuts that a chrome jersey has not been announced on Facebook so I can imagine the complete sh!tstorm of what will happen.