Video Games Thread

NJDevils1214

I dont get as much time to play anymore but there is a couple games I wouldn't mind discussing.

1. Forza 4

Must have for any car lover. The graphics must push the xbox 360 to the edge. A lot of people complain about the turning system in this game but not only have I gotten it down but I have the aids and stabilization/traction systems turned off as well which helps give a higher XP and $$ percentage after each race. I find the game to be a lot of fun and despite the basic racing system not all that boring either. There is enough cars that you are always striving for more cash to get yet another auto. So far I am level 48 and am still enjoying the game. The Autovista is also a nice addition to the game that many people seem to overlook or think is boring. I liked it anyway :P

2. Sniper Elite V2(Release date 5/5/12)

Been playing the demo for this and it has me hooked. I have been turned off by most of the WWII games through the years because the maps are too basic and constrict the player too much I.E. only one way to progress through the level. However this game is a breath of fresh air. It is a 3rd person shooter, it focuses on only sniping, and it has dramatic slow-mo kill cams with gore and the whole 9 yards. I got so addicted to it I decided to pre-order to get the extra "kill Hitler" mission. Along with the previously mentioned, I also enjoy setting up mines and traps etc to catch NPCs. The game is continually described as a strategy shooter, as in if you walk in guns blazing you will probably just die. I just hope it has some replay value and the ability to keep my attention for a bit. I would recommend taking a look at the demo it was worth the DL time at about 900mb.

3. Assassins Creed III(10/30/12)

God where to begin? I love this series and the story line has to be one of, if not THE best of any game I have played. I will admit the older games did get a little repetitive but Revelations was a promising that the game was going in a better direction. From what I have read Assassins Creed III should put those fears to rest. Set in the colonial 18th century during the American Revolution we will usher in yet another character into the story line. As as history buff and lover of historical fiction this game is long overdue and that I already love where the story line has headed is an added bonus. The release date may be delayed due to a lawsuit being filed by some author who believes Ubisoft stole some of the plot from his book.

Anyway guys feel free to chime in and post about the games you're looking forward to. I know I left at least Diablo III and Max Payne out there for someone else :)

2. Sniper Elite V2(Release date 5/5/12)

Been playing the demo for this and it has me hooked. I have been turned off by most of the WWII games through the years because the maps are too basic and constrict the player too much I.E. only one way to progress through the level. However this game is a breath of fresh air. It is a 3rd person shooter, it focuses on only sniping, and it has dramatic slow-mo kill cams with gore and the whole 9 yards. I got so addicted to it I decided to pre-order to get the extra "kill Hitler" mission. Along with the previously mentioned, I also enjoy setting up mines and traps etc to catch NPCs. The game is continually described as a strategy shooter, as in if you walk in guns blazing you will probably just die. I just hope it has some replay value and the ability to keep my attention for a bit. I would recommend taking a look at the demo it was worth the DL time at about 900mb.

Absolutely with you on that one. Been playing the demo over and over again. I cant wait for this game. It looks like its going to be awesome. Love the kill cams.