TV Show

UnderDogX

did a quick search, saw the Lost thread, Breaking Bad...we've got a topic for movies and music but I didn't see a topic just for TV shows...

I've been watching Wilfred on FX, its on at 10pm EST on Thursdays, and its freaking hilarious...Elijah Wood as a downtrodden Ryan seeing Wilfred, who everyone else sees as the dog he is, as a man in a dog suit...sounds crazy but it works...

Also caught the first episode of Alphas on Syfy and have the other 3 eps in my DVR...pretty cool for those who liked Heroes. Nice because its not trying to be all epically global and keeps it more realistic (for example, one guy has the ability to activate his fight or flight response giving him an adrenaline boost and making him decently stronger for a short period of time) anyway, what shows do you guys have to make sure you watch week to week??

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since they started up those 90s Nick shows on TeenNick, I must watch every episode of Doug. I feel like even though I always watched that show, I never really appreciated how good it was until now. Other than that I don't really watch any TV show regularly. No 24, no Weeds, no True Blood, no Breaking Bad, no Lost, no whatever...Doug is all you need. :)

EDIT: Actually, when new South Park episodes are on I'll make sure to watch that.

Edited by devilsfan26

I have been watching Conan almost every night along with Wilfred followed by Louie on FX on Thursday nights. Louie is one of my favorite comedians to begin with. I also watch Its Always Sunny and SouthLAnd once they both come out again with their new seasons, however I must admit that I have missed the past season and a half of Its Always Sunny due to class and what not. :unsure:

The Walking Dead.....I am super super excited for the second season to come out.

Workaholics is a dame funny show as well.

I've been watching Wilfred on FX, its on at 10pm EST on Thursdays, and its freaking hilarious...Elijah Wood as a downtrodden Ryan seeing Wilfred, who everyone else sees as the dog he is, as a man in a dog suit...sounds crazy but it works...

Did you know that Wilfred was an original show out on BBC I believe, I just saw the marathon the other day that they had all the original episodes, and its the same actor that plays Wilfred that's in the BBC version?

Edited by Quinn01

I have been watching Conan almost every night along with Wilfred followed by Louie on FX on Thursday nights. Louie is one of my favorite comedians to begin with. I also watch Its Always Sunny and SouthLAnd once they both come out again with their new seasons, however I must admit that I have missed the past season and a half of Its Always Sunny due to class and what not. :unsure:

The Walking Dead.....I am super super excited for the second season to come out.

Workaholics is a dame funny show as well.

Did you know that Wilfred was an original show out on BBC I believe, I just saw the marathon the other day that they had all the original episodes, and its the same actor that plays Wilfred that's in the BBC version?

Louie is just insanely good...but this season seems to be lacking a little something...it has its moments but what made the first season good was all the comedy and then out of nowhere some serious sh!t that shows real introspection thrown in...this season has really hit hard on that part of it...still loving it though! I love Walking Dead too...and that is one Zombie related anything that my wife actually enjoys so that says something about it. Yeah I believe Wilfred was originally Australian made but put out on the BBC...I knew the guy who played Wilfred was the same from the facebook page but I haven't actually seen any of the episodes, wish I could've caught them too...

Falling Skies is an interesting popcorn network action show...its actually gotten quite good the past few episodes, season finale tonight...

its interesting thinking about the shows I watch and the fact that I hardly ever watch them when they originally air...thank goodness for DVR!

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Im 17 so I might be different obviously-_- But, I like Falling Skies, True Blood, Teen Wolf(YEA YEA finale tomorrow) Criminal Minds and CSI Miami.

My guilty pleasure is still South Park.

Other than that, I really have not gotten into any shows as of late. Watched the Walking Dead pilot last year, then missed the rest. Is it still on AMC.com?

Yeah, I suck when it comes to being "dedicated" to a TV show ever since I moved last year...

Edited by jagknife

My habitual shows are, when in-season:

the office

family guy

chuck

big bang theory

two and a half men

modern family

If you've never watched modern family, sprint to your car right now, drive to best buy, and buy all of the seasons on DVD. the absolute funniest show on television.

I dont know where my mind was when I posted that I don't have any dedication to a TV show before... I watch these 3 as often as possible on top of South Park. :doh1:

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

I.....uhhmmm......I watch Teen Wolf. :doh1::unsure:

It's not a bad show really yea it's on MTV. I won't even give a chance to that new show Awkward

Wilfred is actually Australian. Haven't seen the US version but the original is as odd as all hell. I've caught it on a few occasions and I and confused and mesmerised by it.

My "must watch" list is fairly short, a bit obscure and mainly downloaded:

Deadliest Catch

Time Team

South Park

Doctor Who

Being Human (orig UK version)

Peep Show

EDIT: I forgot Mad Men, how could I forget that! Oh and Flying Wild Alaska and Ice Pilots.

Edited by ThreeStars

ya know, I used to never watch TV. Now I'm following like 10 shows, it's ridiculous. In no particular order:

Rescue Me

Justified

The League

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

The Office

Parks & Recreation

Community

30 Rock (although it's lost something for me)

The Walking Dead

Burn Notice

White Collar

Falling Skies

Alphas

Rarely watch these shows (outside of the NBC ones) when they're airing; most get DVR'd and I'll watch 'em after work.

Used to watch Tosh.0 and South Park, but in our new place Comedy Central is so far away from my usual channels that I never get to it.

Edited by insanity_gallops

after everyone mentioning Community, The Office, and Modern Family...I really notice how many shows I follow...crazy...

Also, season finale of Falling Skies was pretty good...and Justified is one of the best and most underrated dramas on TV right now, FWIW...

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Falling Skies was good aggravated me was that we have to wait till Summer 2012 for Season 2 bit longer then usual

Sadly, I don't have cable but I'm working through The Sopranos for the first time...just finished the second episode of the 3rd season and it's pretty fantastic. Yeah, I know I'm a decade late, but it still holds up.

As for new shows, the only one I would follow, if I has cable, would be Curb Your Enthusiasm. I'm all caught up as of the 7th season but that whole not having cable thing makes following the new season quite difficult.

Other than that, I love the Office (watch instantly on Netflix) and am very interested in Game of Thrones and Luther, a pyschological crime thriller series on BBC. Would like to check both of those out at some time.

South Park is the only show I'd move heaven and earth to be able to watch. Everything else is at least one step below it. Parker and Stone are fvcking brilliant.

Though I've gotta admit my girlfriend got me hooked on Law & Order ... or, at least the first one (with the Robot Insurance guy) and SVU. The rest kinda suck. We've been working our way through SVU on Netflix. About 70 episodes down, 180 to go!

Also got hooked on Rescue Me on Netflix for a while too. Lost momentum somewhere around Season 4 or 5. Need to finish that out at some point.

Louie is awesome. So is Always Sunny. Love me some late-night shows sometimes too. Conan is hilarious, but no one does monologues or interviews better than Letterman.

And if I can catch a re-run, Married With Children might be the most timelessly hilarious show ever.

Edit to add: For the Louie watchers, remember the episode from Season 1 set in Alabama? I was at the show where the stand-up scenes were filmed. It was actually at the Strand in Lakewood. Took us about 5 takes to get the crowd reaction right. Good times!

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

South Park is the only show on anymore that I watch religiously on a weekly basis. I used to watch Lost like that, but it ended, unfortunately.

I just picked up the first season of Friday Night Lights at Target for $10. I've heard good things about it, so we'll see where it goes.

Obsessed with Wilfred, straight guy/dog humor. I suggest looking into watching episodes if you have iO, they always keep three or four at a given time on. Some of the stuff is kind of dumb, but there is a lot that is solid gold.

I can't believe nobody said Jersey Shore yet. It's like watching wild freaking animals on National Geographic.

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

Obsessed with Wilfred, straight guy/dog humor. I suggest looking into watching episodes if you have iO, they always keep three or four at a given time on. Some of the stuff is kind of dumb, but there is a lot that is solid gold.

I can't believe nobody said Jersey Shore yet. It's like watching wild freaking animals on National Geographic.

Saw the first what 3 or 4 seasons. Haven't seen ITALY yet stupid to call Jersey on Italy

Wilfred is hilarious. I missed the first few episodes but have just started getting into it. I love when Wilfred is around Bear (last weeks episode was amazing)

I would rather watch a female lion give birth on Nat Geo then watch Jersey Shore. Although I will admit, last season or the one before that before NJ starting chucking shirts, they had the T-Shirt time thing on the jumbo-tron. That was pretty funny.

Edited by Quinn01

"I don't know Ryan, why is the sky gray? Why is the grass gray? Why is a rainbow gray, gray, gray, gray, gray, and infragray?"

"Wait....I think I hear someone in trouble......Oh my god hes begging for his life. Oh jesus he has a gu.....Wait....I hear two dogs banging...Oh man shes taking it....Ill be back."

Guest BelieveinBrodeur

So Falling Skies ending was good but really? Got to wait till next summer for Season 2! That's longer then most shows do for in between seasons