#762 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:41 PM

Kovalchuk in red and black tomorrow night? :P

I gave my tickets for that game to my boss because I'm going for a conference in Philly.. If Kovy were to start tomorrow night I'd skip the conference, track my boss down, and steal the tickets back

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#763 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

There is no credibilty to this what so ever but on NJ Fourms a poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out. No credibility but ya never know. The guy is from NJ.

offtopic: http://twitter.com/darrendreger

Oh please! I have a roommate from college who's sister slept with a guy once who knew this girl that was Kovalchuk's sister's friend's aunt's cousin from back in Russia....they said Kovy to NJ is a done deal!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#764 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

Because it's been ALMOST THIRTY MINUTES since something got posted here! Flames, meet fan:

Kevin Allen, USA Today:
@kausatoday Told the Kovalchuk deal is going to happen tonight. Stay tuned.

TLA, i was about to post this and make some reference to Chum into the Feeding Frenzy. But well played sir
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#765 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:43 PM

There is no credibilty to this what so ever but on NJ Fourms a poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out. No credibility but ya never know. The guy is from NJ.

that's even better than the caa security guard.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#766 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

kausatoday Told Kovalchuk is being traded to an Eastern Conference team tonight. I'm awaiting confirmation that deal is complete.

http://twitter.com/kausatoday

Edit: to include link

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 04 February 2010 - 06:47 PM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#767 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:45 PM

I gave my tickets for that game to my boss because I'm going for a conference in Philly.. If Kovy were to start tomorrow night I'd skip the conference, track my boss down, and steal the tickets back

Heh, that's funny because tomorrow night is one of the maybe 10 games I go to a year :P

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#768 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

I gotta feeling.... Tonights gonna be a good night.

BRING HIM IN.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#769 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,612 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

well if this is true, at least this mess will be over soon. i'm going to predict kovalchuk to the rangers for redden, drury, voros, rissmiller, and valiquette

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#770 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

http://twitter.com/kausatoday

Edit: to include link

Hmm that's a pretty bold statement. Let's see if he's correct.

#771 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:51 PM

This post is either brilliant or the best unintentional comedy on this entire thread.

In either case, congratulations to you, sir.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#772 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

Heh, that's funny because tomorrow night is one of the maybe 10 games I go to a year :P

Aw man we could have gone to a bar before the game and hung out :( :cheers:

Hmm that's a pretty bold statement. Let's see if he's correct.

This sh!t's heating up!!!

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#773 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

I hate being tortured like this.

Posted Image

#774 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,096 posts

well if this is true, at least this mess will be over soon. i'm going to predict kovalchuk to the rangers for redden, drury, voros, rissmiller, and valiquette

In which case I guess I just saw 1/2 of the Rangers team last night at the Lowell game.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#775 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

I would be so pissed. Not because they got Kovalchuk, but because they offload Redden and Drury. Luckily, there's no GM in the league that would take those contracts for free, let alone for Kovalchuk.

#776 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

well if this is true, at least this mess will be over soon.

i don't think njdevs can take another DAY of this, let alone a month. for the sake of these poor posters, something needs to happen either way.

i fear the server will implode if we DO get kovalchuk.

i also fear the server will implode if we don't get kovalchuk. basically, dm, i apologize for what is about to happen to your board.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#777 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

Thank god for Twitter.

#778 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

Phil Esposito and Matt Laughlin just offered their two cents on XM's POWER PLAY:

PHIL:
"There is no way, zero chance of Kovy going to NJ. It would be extremely out of character for Louie Lams and go against his belief of giving up a boatload for a rental. He won't sign there because it would violate the unwritten law that no makes more than either Elias or Brodeur unless they EARN it in a Devils uniform."

MATT:
"Agreed. I can't see that as a possibility"

While technically true, Rolston, makes virtually the same as Marty. Also, the going assumption if you make this deal is that Kovalchuk takes you to at least the conference finals, at which point he would earn to be the highest paid player on the team. Again though, the big issue will become that Parise will have to get close to the same contract since their offensive numbers are very similar, and Zach is the captain in waiting.

Really it comes down to what the asking price is now.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#779 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,612 posts

Thank god for Twitter.

i never thought i'd agree with this, but, yeah.

haha i was being facetious but the rangers seemingly get every star player once, why not kovalchuk

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#780 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

i don't think njdevs can take another DAY of this, let alone a month. for the sake of these poor posters, something needs to happen either way.

i fear the server will implode if we DO get kovalchuk.

i also fear the server will implode if we don't get kovalchuk. basically, dm, i apologize for what is about to happen to your board.

DM is loving it.. Traffic doubled the day this thread was started

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users