Devils @ Carolina Game 2 ECSF, 7:30 PM ET, OLN/TSN, WFAN

hattrick

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an Ottawa fan in my office laughing that my team is in trouble. :wacko:

And it doesn't occur to this person that the Sens just lost the first 2 at home??? Is this a 'misery loves company' kind of thing? Or is this person just a fool?

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Carolina is a very good, playoff-built team. We can't look to win 3-0 or 6-1, all the games are going to be close. We played well enough to win last night, it's just we got outplayed the last 20 seconds in the third, and maybe for 2 minutes in OT. The shots on net we had in the 2nd and 3rd wasn't great, but it should have been enough to win the game. Carolina scoring in the last 20 seconds would not happen again if they were put in that same situation 20 more times. Bottom line is, we played well enough to win, a bad decision or two at the end of the game led to a loss.

What? We were three seconds from winning. Yeah it wouldn't have been the greatest win and Brodeur played great but the 'Canes put a ton of bad angle shots on him also, inflating their shot totals. I think the game was closer than the shot totals would indicate.

What? We were three seconds from winning. Yeah it wouldn't have been the greatest win and Brodeur played great but the 'Canes put a ton of bad angle shots on him also, inflating their shot totals. I think the game was closer than the shot totals would indicate.

I agree, I don't think Ward faced more than 10 shots either game. I've often said SOG are stupid and not an indication of how the team played the game, but they can't have a category of good SOG and bad SOG. That said, with any SOG there's a chance you'll score so the more the better.

My observations:

Rafalski went to easy into the corner where the puck was, stick up at the waste looking to hold the guy into the boards. Had his stick been on the ice, it would have been in the passing lane and the puck would never have reached the front of the net. I am not sure what he was thinking because that was such a crucial moment. CLOG THE PASSING LANES

Glad I didn't see that. Stick off the ice drives me NUTS.. more when I personally am playing though.. I get so mad like: is my head COMPLETELY up my ass???? Anyhow -- I love Brian - is he really playing iffy in this series? :saddevil:

Hmmeee... why am I trusting you BigD? I wish I could see these things for myself... what I get for taunting people who didn't get OLN... and here I go and cancel cable on myself... (JERKOFF :argh: )

Funny about ONE team coming back and taking the series :evil: I was thinking the same thing... Actually it went more like: The Avs'll come roaring back <_< Gotta admit part of me is thinking I knew this or that team was a stinker...

then I thought.. :unsure: hey why can't the I be thinking the DEVILS will come roaring back? and what's worse is I'm thinking - they'll take these two at home an lay down after that... :argh: or "If they come back they'll fold in the Eastern finals because these guys have no faith in themselves" I'm just haviong such tragic thoughts this season... :argh:

Edited by Pepperkorn

Anyhow -- I love Brian - is he really playing iffy in this series? :saddevil:

He hasn't been as 'involved' as he was in the regular season, at least in the goal scoring since the first game of the playoffs, really.

I think someone needs to tell him he's too short to be useful in the playoffs. That ought to do it. :P

Oops...you meant Rafalski, didn't you. Too many Brians. Yes. He has been shooting the puck into people which he had gotten away from this entire season. He's back to doing what he did the year before the lockout, which was what made so many of us want to trade him that year. If the shot isn't there, don't force it.

Edited by SueNJ97

someone needs to make Gomez bleed... that always seems to motivate :D

It's a shame that lost in all this is that Parise played a FANTASTIC game last night too....

the main reason the Devils are down 2-0 is the big guns ain't gunning

Can I bring up my particualr favorite (unpopular) suggestion- why can't we take a page out the Hurricanes book and dress 7 D and Koslov (who can be used in more than one situation) for either Weimer or Jansenn. I mean, I know the 4th line is a fan fav, but for the love of Pete, they got one shift last night. BTW, it could work if White comes back and we have the extra d as insurance. We need more options than just a banger right now.

Can I bring up my particualr favorite (unpopular) suggestion- why can't we take a page out the Hurricanes book and dress 7 D and Koslov (who can be used in more than one situation) for either Weimer or Jansenn. I mean, I know the 4th line is a fan fav, but for the love of Pete, they got one shift last night. BTW, it could work if White comes back and we have the extra d as insurance. We need more options than just a banger right now.

i'd have no problem dressing 7 d-men since the 4th line is useless in this series.

Raffi played 32 mins, Luko 28 mins, Martin 24 mins, Matty 20 mins

Hale/Klee played only 10 mins ....

I don't think Hale's getting enough minutes. I don't know about everyone else but I think he's a solid defenseman. And with the way Raffi's been "mucking it" a bit lately, maybe we can get Hale out there a bit more. I'd actually rather see Hale than Luko but I know that's just me. And geez, Klee, less please!!!

...the main reason the Devils are down 2-0 is the big guns ain't gunning

Good point. It looked to me that Patty was nursing an injury with the LACK of shots he took. On MANY occasions during the game he passed or tried to pass or deek the puck and got it taken away when shooting to the net seemed much wiser. Those Panes congest the front of the net so much, the pucks gotta come in from 30+ than pop in a rebound. Timing up crashing in on Ward is a must!