MSG Being Knocked Down in 10 years?

DH26

Sounds awesome. How safe is the surrounding area? I have a few friends at TCNJ, sounds like a good place to hit.

I'll put it this way: I've never had any issues; my Dad, who's been going since his father took him there for burgers as a kid, has never had any issues; and my friends from the Trenton/Hamilton/Bordentown area (and their fathers, who've also been going since they were kids) have never had any issues; but any time I take someone there for the first time, they always express the same "Will the car be stolen if we park here?" concerns because of Trenton's rep and the look of the neighborhood.

And any time I take someone to Rossi's for the first time, they all come away saying it was the best burger they've ever had.

Does anybody remember the Fuddruckers on Route 4? Stood their for a while until it closed to make way for some Cuban place (which I hear mixed reviews about)

Yep, the one in Paramus. That's the only Fuddruckers I ever went to. It was pretty popular in the area but lost a lot of business once they closed the 10-screen cineplex next door.

I have yet to try Dos Cubanos but will eventually.

I'll put it this way: I've never had any issues; my Dad, who's been going since his father took him there for burgers as a kid, has never had any issues; and my friends from the Trenton/Hamilton/Bordentown area (and their fathers, who've also been going since they were kids) have never had any issues; but any time I take someone there for the first time, they always express the same "Will the car be stolen if we park here?" concerns because of Trenton's rep and the look of the neighborhood.

And any time I take someone to Rossi's for the first time, they all come away saying it was the best burger they've ever had.

Not that I post here as often as I used to, but I haven't seen you on the boards in a while. Did you take last season off?

Anyway, nothing like a good burger thread to get the juices flowing again.

Not that I post here as often as I used to, but I haven't seen you on the boards in a while. Did you take last season off?

Anyway, nothing like a good burger thread to get the juices flowing again.

For someone who doesn't post that often, that's mighty observant! Yeah, life went and got pretty damn busy these past many months. But things are somewhat settled now, and there's absolutely no way I can allow a burger thread to come and go without defending Rossi's honor.

So, back to business as usual. Fire Brodeur! Trade Lou! :headless chicken:

Anybody here from South Jersey?  Specifically, has anyone ever been to Burger 21 in Voorhees?  I'm asking because they just announced they'll be opening one in the Albany area in a few months.  The menu LOOKS killer, but I was wondering if anyone's been there and has an opinion on the place.

Went tthe Office in Bridgewater over this past weekend.  While the beer selection is great, most of the food sucks except the burgers.  It was quite tasty.

That place used to be a lot better, but like a lot of places lately, it seems like they felt the need to fancy themselves up. They used to have some of the best wings around, but now they're crap. The burgers are still good, though.

That place used to be a lot better, but like a lot of places lately, it seems like they felt the need to fancy themselves up. They used to have some of the best wings around, but now they're crap. The burgers are still good, though.

I've been going to that Office since the mid 90's and boy they used to have lines and wait times for a table of up to an hour on most Fridays and Saturdays.  Now I can show up there on a Friday or Saturday night and the place is half empty.  The food menu used to be pretty big too with pages of stuff, but now the menu is just a double-sided piece of laminated paper.  The food has gone down significantly and although I cannot prove for sure, I did get food poisoning from there about 2 years ago and didn't got back for a solid year after going there on average once a month.

You are 100% right about the wings as being excellent a whole back (I think that was food I got sick on as they looked to be half-raw when I got them and stopped eating after having about 3 wings) and now they are just crap.  The only thing worth getting on the menu there are the spring rolls and burgers.

If it wasn't for the great craft beer selection and the fact that I know whenever I feel like going there I can get a pretty nice seat in front of one of their big screens I wouldn't bother going for the most part.

I've been going to that Office since the mid 90's and boy they used to have lines and wait times for a table of up to an hour on most Fridays and Saturdays.  Now I can show up there on a Friday or Saturday night and the place is half empty.  The food menu used to be pretty big too with pages of stuff, but now the menu is just a double-sided piece of laminated paper.  The food has gone down significantly and although I cannot prove for sure, I did get food poisoning from there about 2 years ago and didn't got back for a solid year after going there on average once a month.

You are 100% right about the wings as being excellent a whole back (I think that was food I got sick on as they looked to be half-raw when I got them and stopped eating after having about 3 wings) and now they are just crap.  The only thing worth getting on the menu there are the spring rolls and burgers.

If it wasn't for the great craft beer selection and the fact that I know whenever I feel like going there I can get a pretty nice seat in front of one of their big screens I wouldn't bother going for the most part.

My wife's family lives real close to The Office. Our first date was even there, and my old man and I bided our time there with some beers and burgers while waiting out her bridal shower. We used to love the wings and made a point to talk them up to people. Then we moved to MD and got real excited when we had a chance to go back. Imagine our disappointment when these sad little wings coated in a sauce that must be 95% salt came out with a fancy shmancy paper cone of french fries. We've actually apologized to people for previously recommending it.

But, like you said, they still have a quality beer selection, their burgers are still pretty damn good, and you never have to fight for a spot near the TV anymore. Take what you can, I suppose.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

...  The food menu used to be pretty big too with pages of stuff, but now the menu is just a double-sided piece of laminated paper. ....

Usually this is a good thing to reduce the menu.  Too often places with large menus have too keep to a large variety of inventory which reduces the freshness of the food.  Its often better to focus on a few small items and do them fresh and well than quantity.

Usually this is a good thing to reduce the menu.  Too often places with large menus have too keep to a large variety of inventory which reduces the freshness of the food.  Its often better to focus on a few small items and do them fresh and well than quantity.

True but not when the food has gone down in quality as well as quantity.  At this point it is a cost-cutting measure to control inventory.  However, even with this bare-bones menu most of the items on the menu outside the burgers and a couple appetizers are awful to just OK.

Back when they had pages of items (I am talking about during the 90's), that place had lots of good stuff on there that was always delicious.  It started going downhill around the turn of the century and by 2002-2003ish it was pretty bad.

I loved the one in Montclair when I was growing up, but got raw meat there in high school. I've been back before -- there are only 2 bars close to my parents -- but I try to avoid it, especially since Egan's (the other bar) has good food, though it definitely costs more.

I also have some sentimental attachment to Egan's, since it's where I went when I skipped work to see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bg8vQKN4m8

And this isn't a complete thread hijacking, because Egan's makes a solid burger.

Edited by mouse