GDT: New Jersey Devils @ New Yawk Islanders

Coorslight

one good thing i forgot about Tedenby... he's drawing LOTS of penalties.

another observation is that we may not have a great team now... but we have LOTS of cap space, 14m ... so 1- we won't be stuck having to shed salary next season and we may benefit from team getting rid of players and we "may" be attractive for free agents... im not too sure about that anymore but we'll see.

Pretty sure the Blues are winning the cup this year, not based on the game yesterday i was already sure of that even before the season. They are stacked, attractive for free agents and have a super young team and have almost 20m in cap space for trade deadline... technically they could almost add Perry and Getzlaf to their team for a run lol ridiculous

Edited by SterioDesign

Volchenkov has an NTC.

Also, if he's a bad as everyone here seems to think, a well run team like Detroit isn't going to give you very much for him.

If you want someone to give you a non-rental top six forward, Merrill or Larsson has to be in that package.

Detroit doesn't have a heckuva lot to offer. The best we would get is a bottom 6 guy

I was the same way. I wanted to avoid the game as much as possible but I couldn't resist just taking in five minutes of it. Well, five mins was all that was needed to draw me in for good. I watched every second and loved it again. Great to see all the devils fans at the game come thru loud on tv!

Also, I think we will be fine without Parise. We have a good team thats well coached with excellent defense and good goaltending.

I think Henrique is the key. I think the jury is still out on what he'll be.

you sound a little too comfortable.. im not ok with just saying we're gonna be fine like we are. if last night's game is against a team other than the isles, theres a good chance we don't get the two points.

I agree but it was fun to watch an NHL game. I won't be going to any games at the Rock this season, I can't accept these loockout. Fvck the Owners

I just have to say, the scheduling really screwed us. How are there teams that played a back to back and we have to wait two days to see hockey again.

In 95, the season started on a Friday. NJ played its first game on Sunday, then didn't play again until Wednesday. All things considered, I'll take it.

The Devils have one of the best schedules in the NHL. They didn't get screwed at all.

I'm talking more in terms of timing. I agree that we play a very fair schedule with our opponents, but the fact that we play the Rags twice in three days at the end of the season pisses me off, among other things.

Since we won, if you'd like I can put up the game thread again. I'm gonna throw it together tonight and can post it tomorrow when I get up for work. Can't stay up till 12 tonight to post it so figure it'll be up a bit before 6am-ish!

Good idea. Lets keep GDT winning streaks this season. Or has that always been done?

It's usually done that way but you never know lol! Traditionally if a poster makes a GDT they get to keep making them until they lose...there's been times where if it's not up by a certain time someone else will make it, so I was just giving everyone a heads up that I WILL be posting it. Some people are superstitious and don't want it posted before midnight so I just have to wait till I get up for work in the AM. Let's just hope if someone was gonna make one before I post mine they read this ;) I'm not superstitious about the whole midnight thing...I've posted many GDT's before midnight in the past during winning streaks...but I am a bit superstitious about the GDT winning streak lol

It's pretty much done, I'll play with it a bit more and hope nothing screws up on my computer after I go to sleep in a few hours. I have it sitting in an open "Post New Topic" window. LOL

Edited by Coorslight

We had that stretch in the playoffs last year where a new person made their first thread to keep a streak going. I posted my first one then.

I meant to post this earlier but forgot so here it goes anyway-

The Coliseum bathroom situation is a joke. I left my seat at the end of the 1st period and didn't get back to it until 8:12ish left in the 2nd. The line for the mens room came from both directions and merged at the door. I've never seen anything like it. They need to line the concourse with porta-potties or something.