Is this the worst stretch of luck in NHL history?

'7'

well this whole last page is explaining the reasons why it's getting under my skin anytime someone bring a shooting % or any similar stats to prove a point. 

almost every time its brought up its ignoring shot quality and thats a MAJOR thing so why keep on bringing it as a main indicator? and by WATCHING the games all season long we saw that our shots are very often not very dangerous.

First, as much as I love Marty, I think we can all agree that he just doesn't look like the Marty we're used to.  Not that he's bad, but he isn't stealing games anymore.  Hedberg has simply reached the end of the road.  I don't blame it all on him, but he just didn't look good at all.  That said, Marty will be back.  The one thing that could work in our favor is the plethora of pretty good goalies that will be available.  I'm not sure Lou will go after one of the bigger names (and contracts), but there is one intriguing name we can probably get cheap.  He would become the new "Hedberg" and act as a bridge to 2015 when Marty rides off into the sunset.  None other than JS Giguere...I know, he's not a long term solution, but he can still play well, and would probably be a very good stop gap measure should Marty go down next season for any stretch.

Did the Devils lack shot quality in the 2 games they were shutout? I watched those games and the Decils had lots of quality chances, more than they allowed the other team by a bunch.

They dominated Boston completely. Hell, I'd wager they have more scoring chances now than they did early in the season.

Quite obvious that it is on the players - hey look, Washington has the league's best PP. Haven't checked their underlying numbers, but still.

When you go from mediocre to bad with the same personnel (last year to this year) that's a severe dropoff.  

And yeah some of it's on the players since Oates had top five PP's before and after us (and lately the players would have stunk under any system) and it was only mediocre here, but the Shaw system's never looked right from day one.  You gotta put your players in a position to succeed, and this PP system doesn't do that by a longshot - Kovy on the right side of the ice, always lining players up on their off shooting hand, etc.

In fairness it's hard to implement any new system in a short season, and that might wind up saving Shaw's job but the system itself looks very flawed.

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol the system is more then flawed my friend.. it is complete and utter sh!t.. numbers dont lie, 1 for 29 on the power play so far for the month of april, i mean i dont think ive ever even heard of a pp that bad..

Have you watched the Devils for many years?

Edited by ATLL765

Shaw's system is better than Oates's - since they switched back to the Oates system and lost Kovalchuk that's when the numbers really took a tumble.

Oates's power play is running super hot, but around here that means he's an awesome coach who's clearly beaten the system.

2013-04-12.jpghttp://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1551465/2013-04-12.jpg

Found this on InLouWeTrust. Pretty crazy if you draw a rectangle from the dots down to the goal line and consider they had 17 (17!) shots recorded in those areas. Only five shots can be dismissed as potential 'Clarkson wrist it on from the blue line' and it doesn't even include posts, or shots just wide. This truly is terrible luck

Edited by Devils Pride 26

Found this on InLouWeTrust. Pretty crazy if you draw a rectangle from the dots down to the goal line and consider they had 17 (17!) shots recorded in those areas. Only five shots can be dismissed as potential 'Clarkson wrist it on from the blue line' and it doesn't even include posts, or shots just wide. This truly is terrible luck

I just can't put my trust in luck.  I say it means it's a team-wide shut down right at the point of shooting.  It's taking your eye off the puck.  It's true with EVERY game like this - pool, golf -- if you don't finish it's because you're not playing through the finish.

that's just the facts.  They MISS.  THEY MISS because they lose it -- they lose focus and they dont see where they're really putting the puck. They stop playing.  they think this HAS to go in and STOP PLAYING. You have to PUT IT IN STUPID. It's basic hockey.  come on even....

It's the only answer.  Luck is bullsh!t.  There;s no such thing.  Injuries means sh!tty conditioning.  THIS this horsesh!t up there -- that's stopping -- that's trusting luck and intuition just waaayyyyy too much.  stupid &*$&($ers. Clearly they stop and say Now God is going to put it in the net or some such garbage.  I bet you can point to every shot on tape and see where the eyes leave it - where you take your eyes off and the puck gets fvckED off your stick.  DeBoer is a LAWYER FOR &*#(@^SAKE.  he shoudl have cuaght this and should know how to sell it. 

Edited by Pepperkorn

I want to know how the last 3 games are humanly possible. How we allow basically 1 games worth of shots on goal in 3 games, dominate territorially, get tons of chances. And get 0 points.

I know we have a useless sack of garbage in net...but for some reason I can't get on the offense too much. They are literally playing their heart out!

the sack of garbage needs to learn to square up to the shooter, needs to learn to close his five hole

These game should at least be going to OT

7: yeah he ain't playing his best but that don't matter when we can't score a single go. It was best said as we have players who put the Puck on net but we don't have anyone putting it in. What do you want?marty letting in zero?we can't score so wouldn't matter. Doesn't matters unless we can put it in the net and we epic fail at it

we need one of these for the leafs game