Schedule infos

SterioDesign

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANK GOD they didn't go with the 7-2 format, that would have been bad for multiple reasons.

I'd imagine we would get 5 against the Isles and Rangers, or at least that's how I'd draw it up.

that'd be perfect im more scared of Pittsburgh and Flyers than the Rangers for sure. Eventhough everyone seems to think they are the greatest team ever assembled... lol

I'd imagine we would get 5 against the Isles and Rangers, or at least that's how I'd draw it up.

The Devils fan cynic in me says the Rangers' 5 will be against the Pens and Flyers for ratings purposes. My money would be on us getting 5 against NYI and Pitt or Philly.

I wouldn't be surprised that the Rangers will stumble for the first few weeks. Who replaced Dubinsky Anisomov Fedetenko and Mitchell? They all played Torts system to a T so there will definitely be growing pains.

Flyers D corps is in shambles and Bryz isnt looking great. Same with the Penguins, their defense does not look great either.

I am really looking forward for this season. I really think we can come flying out of the gate under Deboer this year. Everyone bought into the system late last year and look what happened.

Edited by Zubie#8

The Devils fan cynic in me says the Rangers' 5 will be against the Pens and Flyers for ratings purposes. My money would be on us getting 5 against NYI and Pitt or Philly.

I don't think they're going to care about ratings for a 'fifth' division game as much as playing up rivalries and minimizing distance. Besides, while Pittsburgh-Isles might not be good for ratings the league might still want Crosby going there three times to help sell out Long Island.

On further review, I'll say we get the Rangers-Flyers the extra game.

Per Bob McKenzie

Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

coming from bob i guess its legit... i hope we're playing 5 games agianst the islanders

You mean the IsLOLanders?

And actually the Devils, Isles, Rangers will probably play 5x, and Pens, Flyers, and Caps will do 5x...But someone's math is wrong...5 teams in div. 4x each is 20, add the 2 extra for 22...then the 30 out of division and it's 52

Edited by TheMazz

I wouldn't be surprised that the Rangers will stumble for the first few weeks. Who replaced Dubinsky Anisomov Fedetenko and Mitchell? They all played Torts system to a T so there will definitely be growing pains.

Flyers D corps is in shambles and Bryz isnt looking great. Same with the Penguins, their defense does not look great either.

I am really looking forward for this season. I really think we can come flying out of the gate under Deboer this year. Everyone bought into the system late last year and look what happened.

Most sane post I've seen in a while! Anyone in the media touting the Rangers (and Flyers) as frontrunners really can't answer the questions you've brought up. Yeah, Rick Nash is gonna look pretty and all in a blueskirt but last year's Rangers still have a pretty big hole left in what was a very effective system last year. Plus their 3rd and 4th lines might be some of the weakest in the East...

You mean the IsLOLanders?

And actually the Devils, Isles, Rangers will probably play 5x, and Pens, Flyers, and Caps will do 5x...But someone's math is wrong...5 teams in div. 4x each is 20, add the 2 extra for 22...then the 30 out of division and it's 52

The Caps? You must be in Hot Tub Time Machine and think it's 1986 again lol...we're playing the Caps three times (as are the Flyers and Pens), non-division team now ;)

Five division teams means you play two teams five times (10), two teams four times (8) and the other ten conference teams three times (30).

Edited by NJDevs4978

As long as the schedule isn't laid out as bad as it was in 95, I'll take it. The season started on Friday, and the Devils had played one game by Tuesday. Which doesn't sound that bad, but in a shortened schedule, it kinda sucks, especially when you've been waiting for hockey.

The Caps? You must be in Hot Tub Time Machine and think it's 1986 again lol...we're playing the Caps three times (as are the Flyers and Pens), non-division team now ;)

Five division teams means you play two teams five times (10), two teams four times (8) and the other ten conference teams three times (30).

Oh that's right...Washington is in the Southeast...my bad

Most sane post I've seen in a while! Anyone in the media touting the Rangers (and Flyers) as frontrunners really can't answer the questions you've brought up. Yeah, Rick Nash is gonna look pretty and all in a blueskirt but last year's Rangers still have a pretty big hole left in what was a very effective system last year. Plus their 3rd and 4th lines might be some of the weakest in the East...

And I even forgot about Prust.So thats Prust Anisomov Dubinsky Mitchell and Fedetenko who are gone . They lost a lot of their key depth guys last year. It should be really interesting to see how they play in the first few weeks.

And I even forgot about Prust.So thats Prust Anisomov Dubinsky Mitchell and Fedetenko who are gone . They lost a lot of their key depth guys last year. It should be really interesting to see how they play in the first few weeks.

Exactly...

What did the Rangers have to do in the offseason? They had to strengthen their depth both on forward and on defense. Their depth was what made them 1st during the regular season.

What did the Rangers end up doing? They got rid of some decent depth, added nothing on defense (re-signed Bickel by the way), got a star player for their top line. And yet they're "Cup contenders"?

Edited by DJ Eco