Offical Devils vs Rangers thread

#9Delieve

That's your worry? If the Devils win this series they're in THE STANLEY CUP FINALS. I'd think that would provide enough motivation not to have any kind of post-Ranger letdown a la 2006.

Exactly. If anyone on here actually thought they had a legit chance to be in the SCF back in the fall you must have been out of your mind.

per tg/deboer we may see jansen/boulton...interesting series indeed.

To be fair, DeBoer wouldn't say that they won't play, not that we may see them. I would think the former is more about not disclosing any information by reflex while the latter would have indicated more actual thought into playing those 2.

"I like my life in New Jersey. I love my life in New Jersey," "But New York for me doesn’t give me anything special. I don’t even go in New York. Just when we play them, That’s about it." - Marty

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30

I'm down! I think I'm going to wait for the afternoon-of to get tickets, maybe get some last minute deals of people who can't make it (at $100 maybe, who knows). I work in the city so if digital tickets are still on sale at 6pm on game-days, I can pretty much go if the price is right. It looks like the resale value is higher for the Rock than it is for MSG, kinda of strange.

As far as groups of us going to MSG, let's keep everyone in the loop and check these pages for updates. Like I said, I'm a day-of kind of guy as far as MSG goes, as long as we can get something really cheap, someone who just wants to unload last minute, etc..

Sounds good to me. We'll keep checking and if it looks good lets do it.

One thing the devils must do is create the cycle. The playoffs so far we have been able to do a weak cycle, but we really need one with the RAGS. they lose their markings and wears down their 4 D men. This series wont be easy, and no way shot, we need to keep their top D (the only ones that play) to eat up a lot of HARD minutes.

One thing the devils must do is create the cycle. The playoffs so far we have been able to do a weak cycle, but we really need one with the RAGS. they lose their markings and wears down their 4 D men. This series wont be easy, and no way shot, we need to keep their top D (the only ones that play) to eat up a lot of HARD minutes.

This is gonna happen. Tortorella has already ridden his top four defensemen HARD. It will cost him.

First time poster ;D

Don't know if its been said yet, but we aren't the same team from the regular season. If we were, I would have to say rangers take this series in 5-6, but as I said, we aren't the same team.

The real difference right now is the 4th line that isn't made up of goons, but rather guys who can score and in some ways have the best looking forecheck and cycling on the team right now. The other difference is the defense. Our defense is really contributing to the offense right now, zidlicky and salvador in paticular.

Given those 2 things, I think we have a real edge on the rangers now.

The only advantage they really have is goal tending. I know some people will call it blashpemy, but right now lunqvist is better than broduer. He isn't more "skilled" but the league says its ok to wear a mattress on your chest, and he has just had the devils number all year. Broduer in my honest opinion didn't face many quality chances in the flyers series, and he actually let in alot of softies, if he can tighten up I think we got this series in 6.

Just my lil rant about the current situation, I have full faith in the devils atm after the flyers series.

I have this big Devils flag outside my house and I'm outside reading wen this dude driving by yells out "Rangers baby" so I shouted back "You suck!!"

Haha those bastards.. This is New Jersey, I won't take any sh!t on my team's turf

• Like 3

I see the Rangers coming out quickly on Monday trying to sieze upon momentum from Game 7 and perhaps a little rust. But if the Devils withstand that (tied or down 0-1 after 1 period) I believe the Devils will have the advantage. The Devils MUST make the Rangers remember that the Rangers have played 14 greuling games.

I believe the most important non-Marty players for NJ this series will be Zid, Greene, and whatever line Henrique is on. Zid and Greene have the speed and skills to be offensive but also MUST have that eye open behind them because I believe the Rangers will try to counter the Devils cycle by cherry picking Hagelin, Kreider, and Gaborik and just heaving HR prayer passes out. I believe the Rangers maybe able to shut-down or play even 1 of the Devils scoring lines but that's where Henrique's line comes in because I believe the biggest difference between past NJ teams and this current one is 4 solid lines of which the 3rd line is THE MOST important.

The X-factor is Clarkson. PDB did a phenominal job getting Clarkson not to go Clarktard with the Flyers BS and he MUST do the same with Prust and Rupp. Whatever happens just put it in the leger until next October or November. There are much bigger fish to fry right now.

Hoping the Rangers having played 14 tough games helps the Devils' cause. Because this opponent has me terrified. Lundqvist always seems to find a way to shut the the Devils' shooters, no matter who they are. This will be beyond painful if the Rangers pull this off.

I don't think you can look at this series and say one team is going to win in so many games. There are a lot of things that have to go right for the Rangers to win this series as long as the Devils pick up with the intensity where it was against the Flyers. If they do, the Devils are going to steamroll them. If they don't it'll be a long series where Lundqvist will inevitably be the difference. So, I don't think you can pick one at this point. Some things have to play out here. There are a lot of ignorant people making predictions that are clueless about either team. I have watched a lot of the Rangers this post-season and all of the Devils and while the Devils played poorly against Florida they turned into the best team in the league against the Flyers. The Rangers struggled to beat the 8th seeded Senators who were taking kids right out of juniors and sticking them right in heart of the playoffs. They also struggled to beat a Capitals team that is struggling with an identity. The Devils know who they are and they know what they want to do. They have 4 serious lines right now. Having 4 lines like they do is incredibly difficult to do anything about in the playoffs because it keeps everyone fresh.

I too love being the underdog. The more they pick the Rangers, the happier I am.

I remember in 1995 when the sports editor for the Halifax Daily News made his picks and in the first round he had Boston giving us the boot in 5. In the second round he had the Penguins giving us the boot in 5. In the third round he had the Flyers in 6. I saw him just before making his finals prediction and I asked him if he could please, please, please pick the Wings in a sweep. He said "I was going to anyway". :)

I too love being the underdog. The more they pick the Rangers, the happier I am.

I remember in 1995 when the sports editor for the Halifax Daily News made his picks and in the first round he had Boston giving us the boot in 5. In the second round he had the Penguins giving us the boot in 5. In the third round he had the Flyers in 6. I saw him just before making his finals prediction and I asked him if he could please, please, please pick the Wings in a sweep. He said "I was going to anyway". :)

I see this Devils in the same light that I saw that Wings series. In '95 they were on a mission as are they right now...