Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

So apparently, these a-holes who MUST chant you suck will eventually cause the Devils to either play the organ or no song at all after a goal.

Great job.

LOL.   Yeah, making no artificial noise would sure as hell drown those chants out, some of you guys seriously have too much respect for authority.   Must root for Ted Knight in Caddyshack or something.

Edited by maxpower

A YouTube that was posted on HF...yep, you can clearly hear the four letter word Devil management hates.

Either they'll have to give up the ghost or find a sing that's you suck-proof.  And I don't know if they can find one, since Devil fans are clearly set on chanting it.

Lmao, got a good laugh out of this one. I can dig it

Thats not the point he was making though. The organization presented a vote to the fans with no restriction re RnR2. they cheated at their own contest.

Well yeah but it was obvious they weren't going to use it even if it won the vote.  Do you really think they were going to just say, "Well it had the most votes, guess we'll have to keep it now!"  It was understood that no matter the outcome, Rock and Roll Part 2 was not going to win.  I'm bummed about losing our goal song, but to be bitter about them not going back to it after it receiving the most votes is kind of childish in my opinion.  Everyone knew it was going to have the most votes, it's the song we are all accustomed to and it's not like there is a short list of other songs to choose from, the other possibilities are literally any other song you could think of.  With votes being distributed among that many possible choices, clearly R&R Part 2 was going to win in a landslide.

Also I'm sure any songs that end up getting near the top in votes have to be something that the gameday operations or fan experience department are happy with.  This isn't a congressional vote, they are just gathering fan feedback to help them make their decision with a side benefit of collecting more email addresses to add to their contact list in the process.

So apparently, these a-holes who MUST chant you suck will eventually cause the Devils to either play the organ or no song at all after a goal.

Great job.

Again, can't see the hate toward that chant... sure is it a little silly chanting it when we're down by 3 and just finally scored one, yes, but when you're dominating, why not?

Unfortunately, due to the fact they can still fit "You Suck" in, I'll be surprised to see this one make it to becoming the final goal song. The butthurt owners are too much of a bunch of Political Correctness Nazis

Edited by Legion15

I could have sworn they were playing the Hell's Bells bell just after the song/goal announcement.

I'm glad some sanity prevailed, now I don't have to dread a stupid crowd reaction.  Hopefully this or whatever becomes the goal song is a halfway decent choice and people can move on with their lives.  I actually think this might work, although I'm shocked people didn't start going 'oh...oh oh oh you suck'.

It took 1 goal, but by the second goal the crowd in my section was doing it and it got louder with each successive goal. Give it few games and it will catch on throughout the arena. The only difference is that they play the music so loud, and there are no breaks in the beat like Rock and Roll part 2, that it is not as audible on TV.

The song itself was fine, but this song still lends itself to the you suck chant and I would bet it catches on as the season goes along.

I do have a confession to make.  I was actually partaking in the YS chant tonight simply because it was the Rags.

How is it ok to do it for this new song but not the old one? A little hypocritical if you ask me. If the crowd does the chant to the new goal song, the I now expect management to change it to another song since they will not have accomplished what they sought to do...eradicate the chant.

I'm glad the crow found a way to protest the new goal song in a way other than booing. I hope this keeps up all season. Will be interesting to see how management handles it once they realize they can't control what this crowd chants during a game.

I do have a confession to make.  I was actually partaking in the YS chant tonight simply because it was the Rags.

You really shouldn't have said that. You basically just admitted that any and all opposition you had to the chant is utter bullsh!t and that you are an immense hypocrite.

And you could hear the chant on TV, it wasn't that hard to hear. 7 Nation Army blew as a goal song, it only sounded good because we were kicking the Rangers asses.

Edited by ATLL765

Again, can't see the hate toward that chant... sure is it a little silly chanting it when we're down by 3 and just finally scored one, yes, but when you're dominating, why not?

Unfortunately, due to the fact they can still fit "You Suck" in, I'll be surprised to see this one make it to becoming the final goal song. The butthurt owners are too much of a bunch of Political Correctness Nazis

Because families don't like it and it's the least creative chant possible? And a bunch of the rest of us don't like it either because of how dumb and uncreative it is. It's not about political correctness for me, it's about it being an embarrassingly bad chant that makes me wish I wasn't in the building

Well yeah but it was obvious they weren't going to use it even if it won the vote.  Do you really think they were going to just say, "Well it had the most votes, guess we'll have to keep it now!"  It was understood that no matter the outcome, Rock and Roll Part 2 was not going to win.  I'm bummed about losing our goal song, but to be bitter about them not going back to it after it receiving the most votes is kind of childish in my opinion.  Everyone knew it was going to have the most votes, it's the song we are all accustomed to and it's not like there is a short list of other songs to choose from, the other possibilities are literally any other song you could think of.  With votes being distributed among that many possible choices, clearly R&R Part 2 was going to win in a landslide.

Also I'm sure any songs that end up getting near the top in votes have to be something that the gameday operations or fan experience department are happy with.  This isn't a congressional vote, they are just gathering fan feedback to help them make their decision with a side benefit of collecting more email addresses to add to their contact list in the process.

No I wouldnt expect them to at all...but have some honesty with your fans and just tell them RnR2 is not part of the equation. Dont assume your fan base is on njdevs.com and is in the know about these things.

No I wouldnt expect them to at all...but have some honesty with your fans and just tell them RnR2 is not part of the equation. Dont assume your fan base is on njdevs.com and is in the know about these things.

They said they were having a contest to replace the old goal song because of the chants. That's pretty self explanatory.

watching the replay of the game today, it sounded like they played Thunderstruck by ACDC after the 4th goal?

They played the first bell tone from Hells Bells after the 1st and 4th goals, if I recall correctly. I wouldn't mind that becoming a thing, to be honest. Just another unique thing the Devils could do to distinguish their goal celebration.

And of COURSE they're not going to go with R&R2, even if it's in first place after voting. The whole point was to change the song, I don't know why people thought they'd go back to it..there's no dishonestly on the owners' part, it's kinda common sense, no?

I voted under the assumption I was voting for the 2nd place song.

How is it ok to do it for this new song but not the old one? A little hypocritical if you ask me. If the crowd does the chant to the new goal song, the I now expect management to change it to another song since they will not have accomplished what they sought to do...eradicate the chant.

I'm glad the crow found a way to protest the new goal song in a way other than booing. I hope this keeps up all season. Will be interesting to see how management handles it once they realize they can't control what this crowd chants during a game.

It's not ok.  I never said it was.  I absolutely was a hypocrite last night.  That said, I still don't like it.  But also, as I alluded to before, there's no way this is going to catch as much steam as it did with RR2.

You really shouldn't have said that. You basically just admitted that any and all opposition you had to the chant is utter bullsh!t and that you are an immense hypocrite.

And you could hear the chant on TV, it wasn't that hard to hear. 7 Nation Army blew as a goal song, it only sounded good because we were kicking the Rangers asses.

I'm glad you're a psychic.

It's not ok.  I never said it was.  I absolutely was a hypocrite last night.  That said, I still don't like it.  But also, as I alluded to before, there's no way this is going to catch as much steam as it did with RR2.

How does this make me a psychic? You made a ton of posts arguing for the goal song change and blah blah blah, then you admit to taking part in the chant yesterday. First off, I'm commenting on the past, don't need special powers to do that. Secondly, I'm right.

How does this make me a psychic? You made a ton of posts arguing for the goal song change and blah blah blah, then you admit to taking part in the chant yesterday. First off, I'm commenting on the past, don't need special powers to do that. Secondly, I'm right.

I'm talking about what you said about the only reason people were singing the song only because it was the Rags.

They played the first bell tone from Hells Bells after the 1st and 4th goals, if I recall correctly. I wouldn't mind that becoming a thing, to be honest. Just another unique thing the Devils could do to distinguish their goal celebration.

They play the bell sound after the goal announcement. Personally, I think it sounds completely out of place and it should be removed...

They play the bell sound after the goal announcement. Personally, I think it sounds completely out of place and it should be removed...

I like it.  Other teams do similar things.  Coyotes have their howling noise and the Panthers have their cat noise.  I think ringing hells bells is a nice touch to be honest.

there's no way this is going to catch as much steam as it did with RR2.

LOL. Sorry but this is too funny. Pot...kettle.