I nearly ran over Elias today

SueNJ97

I was driving to Montclair to have dinner with one of my friends and someone she used to work with who might actually have...wait for it...a job for me. We'll get to that later. I was late because Bloomfield Avenue was closed somewhere in Verona and I had to turn around, take a detour and get back on Bloomfield past the part that was closed. Then I went into Montclair.

I was switching lanes in traffic when this skinny guy in longish bike shorts, a sweatshirt and a baseball cap who looked really familiar walked right in front of my car. I guess he didn't expect me to switch lanes where he was planning to go. I stopped short to avoid plowing into him with the car and realized it was Elias. He was holding what looked to be takeout. Man, does he need to put on some weight. Anyway, I managed to avoid killing or crippling him.

The dinner went well, it looks like I will actually get an interview for a position that exists. And I didn't run over Elias. Not a bad evening.

Typical woman driver................. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL. But what is scary is that when I saw you replied, it flashed through my mind that "Jimmy is going say something about women drivers".

OK...how well do I know you now??? :evil:

You know, it occurred to me afterwards that if I had actually hit him, even killed him, the worst thing wouldn't have been the vehicular manslaughter charges. It would have been the wrath of Lou.

You know, it occurred to me afterwards that if I had actually hit him, even killed him, the worst thing wouldn't have been the vehicular manslaughter charges.  It would have been the wrath of Lou.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As well as the wrath of hysterical Devils fans everywhere! :ph34r:

But Lou...do you think he might call down some ancient curse...or just send Oliwa to visit you for a little "chat"?

j/k...I almost hit someone crossing the street up at PSU once, and it turned out to be the only person there I knew from my hometown! I was mortified! :saddevil:

Any chance you could drive around MSG and try to catch Hollweg?

She'd have to go to Hartford for that. There's two threads in which it's been mentioned that Hollweg's been demoted to the Wolf Pack.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I hadn't gotten to those two yet. I was much too busy spreading my Hollweg rage all over the board. :P

Sue, any chance of a visit to Hartford in the near future?

She'd have to go to Hartford for that. There's two threads in which it's been mentioned that Hollweg's been demoted to the Wolf Pack.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I hadn't gotten to those two yet. I was much too busy spreading my Hollweg rage all over the board. :P

Sue, any chance of a visit to Hartford in the near future?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you kidding? My parents live about a 20 minute drive NW of Hartford. I could just 'drop in' on them, head to downtown Hartford, rev the engine...

Wait a minute, I didn't used to be this bloodthirsty. :blink: Actually, the sad thing is that if any of the Wolf Pack players go out of about a 6-block radius around the Civic Center, they are liable to be shot. Things aren't very safe in downtown Hartford these days.