‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I think its more he went to Lou with the #/years he wants, Lou couldnt meet that, so they made an agreement that Marty tests the market and it goes from there. I can't really see Marty being a primadonna that just wants attention. Its possible, but it doesnt really fit.

I sure hope Marty is not just being a prima donna, but I'm also surprised that Lou and Marty were so apart in negotiations that he had to resort to hiring an agent and actually heading to the open market. With the way Marty took a salary reduction to give the team more space to sign players, I figured he and Lou would get a reasonable deal done relatively quietly. I just responded to your post in another thread talking about Marty wanting 2 years at around 5 mil per. If Marty is really asking for that, then his becoming a UFA means one of two things: he's either delusional or seeking attention.

Do we know exactly how many teams are on the short list anyway?

Guess it doesn't matter, we'll know if we're on it by what Marty, Moose and Sal do tonight. If they start signing back here you know Zach's gone. If not, then they'll all sit tight till the morning too.

I am still shocked how bad they disrespected Semin on TSN.

"A complete loser, a coach killer"

This player is not a locker room cancer. He does have to improve his 2 way game but he is no way a complete loser. That was totally unprofessional. I would not mind at all to have him on this team if he wants to improve his game if Parise does not resign. The man has loads of talent.

Edited by Zubie#8

Sorry, I've been out of town since Sunday, so sorry if this point has been made in the 52 prior pages.

I'm convinced this is 100% due to the money/ownership issue. First, Lou says Marty is a Devil as long as he wants to be. Now Brodeur has an agent and it's a real possibility that he leaves. Coincidence? Not likely.

Then they can't lock up Zach prior to free agency, most likely because the offer isn't anywhere near what he can get on the open market.

The Devils will be a lower than average payroll team from here on out. If/when Zach, Marty, and Salvador leave, it will be no fault of Lou. His hands are tied. You can expect more of the same next year when Elias, Zajac, Zubrus, Clarkson and Zidlicky are UFA's.

Rebuilding time, I'm afraid.

I am still shocked how bad they disrespected Semin on TSN.

"A complete loser, a coach killer"

This player is not a locker room cancer. He does have to improve his 2 way game but he is no way a complete loser. That was totally unprofessional. I would not mind at all to have him on this team if he wants to improve his game if Parise does not resign. The man has loads of talent.

Yeah that's pretty harsh. So bad that Mark Gandler, Semin's agent, had to come out publicly to stick up for him.

Can't believe the 2nd rate canes even thought they had a chance at this

It's Parise or bust right now. Nobody is gonna feel like we even came close to "breaking even" if we sign Brodeur and lose Parise.

Yeah that's pretty harsh. So bad that Mark Gandler, Semin's agent, had to come out publicly to stick up for him.

Yeah I just read that. It took me until now to realize how bad TSN ripped him. Totally uncalled for and yet they rank him in the top 10 Free Agent list.

Edited by Zubie#8

McKenzie:

Wild, Flyers, Penguins, Devils = short list.

He said this on TSN, not a tweet.

And the Red Wings.

Edit: And according to a Tweet TG just re-Tweeted, the Kings believe they're still in it as well. Which makes me wonder, at what point is it no longer a short list, and just a list.

Edited by thelastonealive

And the Red Wings.

Yea, I just heard it. Red Wings too.

And sh!t, TG just RTd this

RT @reallisa: It is the Kings understanding that they are still in the running for Zach Parise.

Edited by ghdi

I honestly see him, if not in NJ, in Detroit. I would imagine that the 4 teams that are rumored to be still in the running are LA, Detroit, NJ, and Minnesota. However that rumor that Philly offered the HUGE contract has to be in there somewhere too if that is true.

Unfortunately, my prediction is that Parise signs with the Pens early tomorrow morning. I think Marty winds up going elsewhere as well. It's going to be a long offseason I'm afraid. I almost can't even believe how quickly everything had deteriorated over the past few days. I really hope I'm wrong but there are too many ominous signs right now to ignore.

Fvck it. If we lose Parise then I think we go after Jagr. He's still solid at 40 years old. It's risky, but you re-up Sykora too.

Kovy-Zajac-Henrique

Jagr-Elias-Sykora

Clarkson-Zubrus-?

Carter-Gionta-Bernier

From this past season it's pretty obvious you can find a good 3rd liner for a song.

I had to stop watching NHL Network because I was going to have a coronary.

Did you guys know that if we lose Parise and Brodeur and Nashville loses Suter(and eventually Weber) both teams will all but insure their status in cellar dweller hell forever?

I did not know this. Then again, I'm not a panelist or a retired has been NHLer.

Did you guys know that if we lose Parise and Brodeur and Nashville loses Suter(and eventually Weber) both teams will all but insure their status in cellar dweller hell forever?

I did not know this. Then again, I'm not a panelist or a retired has been NHLer.

Nashville losing Suter is like us losing Niedermayer even when we still had Stevens. Its a huge piece of their game.

Us losing Zach is easier to swallow. We still have Kovy & Henrique + a good forward is easier to find than a D-Man like Suter.

well, maybe we'll have to give them a nice sh!tburger

I see from looking at these posts that I'm in the deep minority, but I honestly don't want Parise back.

I don't think he is work 8 million now, but more importantly 7 years down the line there is no way I see him being worth that much.

It has been discussed that his play is largely based on hustle and I think we will see a sharp decline outside of the 5 year mark in his level of play.

I would rather have the 8 million+ in space in the next few years to lock up Henrique and Larsson then pick up a few defenceman and depth players. Plus we could sign a few mid level FA's in the next 2 seasons as a stop gap while players develop and remain equally competitive.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.