Matt Read

vadvlfan

With signing of Vinny, Philly is way up against the cap and still haven't pursued starting goalie (unless Mason is the guy) wonder what it would take to pry Read away? They need to unload bodies

Their D has been a hole since they lost in 2010.. If we dangle one of our D prospects in front of them, I think Holmgren is crazy enough to give up a decent F prospect/young player for a big D prospect

Edited by Colin226

Didn't the Rags make a trade with the Flyers this week? I'm pretty sure it was for some minor league players but it does show the Flyers are willing to trade within the division. Trading NHL guys is obviously a different story.

Yes, but we're not the Rags. It goes both ways.

It would take something extraordinary for us to do a deal with Philly. 

We already dealt with them. The rags are the only team in the league we never traded with

I didnt know that. Still though, what was that deal w/ Philly for and how long ago was it? I doubt it matters, I just dont think we'll do anything with Philly for anything of substance. The Flyers won't want Read killing them with that psychotic fanbase they have.

Its one thing if we're trading draft picks or prospects, this would be a fairly high profile deal if Read is involved. I just think it would take extraordinary circumstances and there are more than enough teams that would make Philly an offer they would take to not deal him to us. 

We're not trading with the Phailures.

Didn't the Rags make a trade with the Flyers this week? I'm pretty sure it was for some minor league players but it does show the Flyers are willing to trade within the division. Trading NHL guys is obviously a different story.

Yeah they made a minor deal, but all bets are off when it comes to trading NHL players. Never gonna happen.

We already dealt with them. The rags are the only team in the league we never traded with

I didnt know that. Still though, what was that deal w/ Philly for and how long ago was it? I doubt it matters, I just dont think we'll do anything with Philly for anything of substance. The Flyers won't want Read killing them with that psychotic fanbase they have.

Its one thing if we're trading draft picks or prospects, this would be a fairly high profile deal if Read is involved. I just think it would take extraordinary circumstances and there are more than enough teams that would make Philly an offer they would take to not deal him to us.

The only trade the Devils have ever made with the Phailures was in 1986 (pre-Lou) and it was Chico to Philly for a pick. And if you remember, Philly made us a nice offer for Langs a couple years ago (a 2nd if I recall) and Lou took a worse deal from Dallas because he didn't want to trade Langs there. So yeah- we're not dealing with them. Edited by MadDog2020

Their D has been a hole since they lost in 2010.. If we dangle one of our D prospects in front of them, I think Holmgren is crazy enough to give up a decent F prospect/young player for a big D prospect

Why in the world would we want to help them out? Even if it helps us out? They got NOTHING for defense right now. They're probably looking for a top 6 D, not prospects at this moment, especially since Read is a roster player. They just Vinny and Streit(terrible deal, but he's an improvement), you give them an extra passable D, they might have a half decent team if they could find a goalie.