Upcoming Autograph Signings

Quinn01

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it would help keep things organized. So in this thread, anything to do with upcoming signings, whos going, what it was like, post it here.

Upcoming:

11/6 Patrik Elias at Sports Minded Unlimited. 2pm to 4pm. $30 an autograph

11/9 Travis Zajac at Sports Express. 6pm to 8pm. $20 an autograph

11/11 Matt Corrente at The Poitin Still. 7pm to 9pm. $15 an autograph

11/29 Dainius Zubrus at Sports Minded Unlimited. 6pm to 8pm. $20 an autograph

Thanks for doing that... I will definitely be at the Elias and the Corrente sessions

Pat, good idea. This way a bunch of separate threads don't clog up the section. PM a mod see if they can pin this.

I'll be at the Elias signing for sure. I'll probably go to Zajac's to support SE, even though i've got plenty of his sigs lol. Zubrus for sure as i have a stick of his i want to get signed. Corrente i can't attend.

Yep, my Zubrus stick is an S19. Can't wait to get that done!

Also, guys, i touched on this last night and i'd like to repeat it since we have this thread. Everyone is different and has different opinions of course, but I personally do not like my sticks (and pucks) signed with the Sharpie silver pens you'll see at the signings. I am not a big fan of those pens, especially after they've been used previously on various items.

For sticks, I like to use Pen-Touch Silver or Gold fine point 1.0 mm or medium point 2.0 mm. They are quick dry, metallic ink and opaque. The difference in the points is what you prefer to use. I use them depending on where i have to put the auto. You can buy them in any craft store like Michaels and they run like $4.

Edited by SJP20

I am getting those markers for my sticks that I have for Elias and Zajac. The sharpies dont bother me on jerseys depending on how far back in line I am. Like you said Ken, the more the marker is used, the more flat the tip becomes which smears the auto.

BTW, Sports Express has photos up on Facebook of the Andy Greene signing and you are in 2 and one of them your wife and son are in. Its a funny picture of your son, its making a #1 sign with his hand standing next to Andy.

Raising him right.

How do you guys get sticks so easily (besides the Equipment Sale)? I want to get into this but they are hard to come by.

Edited by Quinn01

yea there's a I carved above his name on mine. I wanted to ask him about it. Wanted to know if it was on yours to see if he does it to all his sticks

I think i have mine photomatched also

When we were at the Caps game, we took pics of his sticks and on 2 of them he has marks. One is marked with 1 line and the other had 2 lines both by his name. He was going back and forth between these 2 sticks and 2 others that were not marked.

Considering getting my Elias S17 signed..

I'm also wondering where all the sticks come from.. I assume the Devils equipment sales but I figure maybe there is another source.. Got my Elias and Oduya sticks on the wall and I gotta say they look great.. Would love to have like 10 signed sticks on my wall in a few years :blush:

Would love to have like 10 signed sticks on my wall in a few years :blush:

Me also. I have an Elias M1 Grip Mission and a Zajac Easton Synergy. I would like to get more also signed for my wall. Game used sticks are hard to find besides fishing around on the board.

How do you guys get sticks so easily (besides the Equipment Sale)? I want to get into this but they are hard to come by.

I'm also wondering where all the sticks come from.. I assume the Devils equipment sales but I figure maybe there is another source.. Got my Elias and Oduya sticks on the wall and I gotta say they look great.. Would love to have like 10 signed sticks on my wall in a few years :blush:

Like you guys assumed, I would say most of the game used Devils sticks you see out there originated at the equipment sales. Older sticks (up to 2003 or 2004) could have come from MeiGray also. If you keep your eyes out and know where to look, you can find some great sticks for sale by collectors.

If this helps, here is where all of my game used Devils sticks came from (asterisk=photo matched to a specific game):

Brodeur (another collector, originally from a team source)*

Parise (another collector, originally from a team source)

Pandolfo (another collector, originally from a team source)

Brylin (another collector, originally from a team source)

Oduya (another collector, originally from a team source)

Rasmussen (another collector, originally from a Devils equipment sale)

Arnott (another collector, originally from MeiGray)

Vanbiesbrouck (another collector, originally from MeiGray)*

Schwab (MeiGray)*

Clemmensen (MeiGray)

Rupp (MeiGray)

Hale (MeiGray)

Rafalski (MeiGray)

Madden (MeiGray)

Sykora (MeiGray)

Malakhov (MeiGray)

Albelin (MeiGray)

Friesen (MeiGray)

Kovalchuk (Devils equipment sale)

Langenbrunner (Devils equipment sale)*

Gionta (Devils equipment sale)

Elias (Devils equipment sale)

Gomez (Devils equipment sale)

Zubrus (Devils equipment sale)

Clarkson (Devils equipment sale)

Zajac (Devils equipment sale)

Shanahan (Devils equipment sale)*

Rolston (Devils equipment sale)

Rheaume (Devils equipment sale)

Greene (Devils equipment sale)

McAmmond (Devils equipment sale)

White (Devils equipment sale)

Danis (Devils equipment sale)

Weekes (Devils equipment sale)

Frazee (Devils equipment sale)

Wow...seeing that list makes me realize how much money I've blown on sticks...LOL!

Also, if anyone is interested, I have two Langenbrunner sticks and a Shanahan stick for sale. All three are Warrior AK27s and were purchased directly from the Devils. One Langenbrunner is photo matched.

Edited by JWomp

Yeah, it's basically equipment sale, meigray, other collectors and being in the hobby knowing where to look.

I've amassed probably at least 100 sticks as of now and they all came from any of the above over a period of 6 years since i started collecting. They do take up room, that i do not have right now, so i've been thinning them out.

Yeah, it's basically equipment sale, meigray, other collectors and being in the hobby knowing where to look.

I've amassed probably at least 100 sticks as of now and they all came from any of the above over a period of 6 years since i started collecting. They do take up room, that i do not have right now, so i've been thinning them out.

Yeah, knowing other collectors or collector sites is a big help. Some of my sticks have come from members on here like Ken (unknown poster), Matt (Chorske17), Mike (KC Devil), Ben (Rufener), and Andrew (3CUPSN9).

Like Ken said, my biggest problem is space...there's nowhere to put them!!

I have a few on display:

sticks3.jpg

sticks2-1.jpg

But most of them just lean against my wall. They're still there where I can see them and enjoy them, but it's not as nice as having them hanging:

sticks1.jpg

Edited by JWomp

Yeah, that's my biggest problem...there's nowhere to put them!!

I have a few on display:

sticks3.jpg

sticks2-1.jpg

But most of them just lean against my wall. They're still there where I can see them and enjoy them, but it's not as nice as having them hanging:

sticks1.jpg

I envy all your room and wall space hahaha

I live literally in a closet :rant:

Yeah, knowing other collectors or collector sites is a big help. Some of my sticks have come from members on here like Ken (unknown poster), Matt (Chorske17), Mike (KC Devil), Ben (Rufener), and Andrew (3CUPSN9).

Like Ken said, my biggest problem is space...there's nowhere to put them!!

I have a few on display:

sticks3.jpg

sticks2-1.jpg

sticks1.jpg

I have only one hanging up on my wall and that takes up a lot of space

Edited by grcenter47

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.