2007 NFL Draft Thread

LOTCB

:rofl: And the Browns DO trade up to #22 (the Boys slot) for Quinn, screwing Herm in the process :evil:

so what did we get in the trade anyway?? Had some work to do this morning and missed all the chaos!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so what did we get in the trade anyway?? Had some work to do this morning and missed all the chaos!

They got Cleveland's second rounder this year (38?) and a first-rounder next year, as I said in the edit above you made out nicely.

Nice schedule, Cleveland at Miami Week 6, Miami cost that kid millions so if he's playing by then he'll be ready for that game :evil:

Edited by Hasan4978

They got Cleveland's second rounder this year (38) and a first-rounder next year, as I said in the edit above you made out nicely.

Nice schedule, Cleveland at Miami Week 6, Miami cost that kid millions so if he's playing he'll be ready for that game :evil:

so I jumped the gun on the post B )

Good trade for Dallas since that pick COULD be a high one next year too!!

Crazy Draft.....I got a chance to watch it at work today....Cowboys made out nicely...that's a definite top 10 pick next year maybe even top 5...got our DE we needed so now it's a WR or another O-line guy....very suprised most of those teams (especially the 'fins) didn't pick up Quinn.....

Local update: Brian Leonard goes to the Rams, probably annoying CRASHER whose Cowboys had the next pick heh. Makes sense, god knows that team could use a few hard-nosed players.

The Jets I guess are pretty much done drafting after trading up yet again :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978

This probably should have its own thread but it is a draft trade...

The Patriots have acquired RANDY MOSS for a fourth-round pick as per the NFL Network (via SNY) :blink:

NE's doing things they've never done before, splurge in FA, take bad character guys - geez, either they're really afraid of the Jets and are desperate to get one or two more SB's before the Jets get great or this is the last year or two for King Bill anyway.

Wow

that is a bit of a desperate type move indeed.... I think they see the balance of power slipping to SD and Indy in the AFC and are trying to hold on to their spot.....

I don't think Belichicken woud EVER factor in the jets !!

...Moss? Cripes almighty, Brady & the staff must have really been convinced that they lost last year's AFC championship game because of the receiving corps. (although it's hard not to 'cause of Reche Caldwell's dropped pass that pretty much would have sealed the deal)

Stallworth, Moss, Caldwell, Welker, Washington, Gaffney, Brown, Jackson (if he ever stays healthy). Certainly an upgrade over last year's group... although Stallworth's hamstring issues are well-noted, Moss is clearly on the downside of his career (I think they're hoping for a Corey Dillon resurgence), Caldwell is Caldwell, and the rest of the bunch are average receivers.

And at #9, the Dolphins select....Ted Ginn

:rofl::giggle::lol:

I actually do feel for you MadDog believe it or not, but I'm sorry I just can't help but laugh my ass off. It was all set up for you guys. I don't know what the hell Mueller is thinking. He was looking like a genius for hanging tight at nine and not giving up extra picks. Hell Quinn made it no secret he WANTED to go to the Dolphins. But instead he takes a midget WR that was a no-show in the National Championship game?!

I wonder where Quinn goes now, Carolina?

Here's the deal: the Dolphins had John Beck out of BYU ranked slightly higher on their board than Quinn. They figured "why draft Quinn when we can get a slightly better, much less hyped version of him in the 2nd round for much less money?" That was the thinking. Cameron and Mueller BETTER be right, because if Quinn turns into the next Tom Brady while John Beck is the next Trent Dilfer, I'll never get over it. Ginn is an explosive playmaker, and can score whenever he gets the ball. But that doesn't excuse the fact that we reached for him when we could've even traded down and gotten more picks if that's the guy we wanted. All I know is John Beck better be the next John Unitas and Ted Ginn better be the next Steve Smith. Because passing on Quinn just makes no sense to me. None. We'l see in a few years who's right.

Oh- and BTW- Just for the record, Ginn wasn't a "No-show" in the national championship game- he returned the opening kickoff for a TD and his idiot teammates decided to jump on top of him, severely hurting his ankle to the point where he couldn't come back in the game. Not really his fault.

Oh- and BTW- Just for the record, Ginn wasn't a "No-show" in the national championship game- he returned the opening kickoff for a TD and his idiot teammates decided to jump on top of him, severely hurting his ankle to the point where he couldn't come back in the game. Not really his fault.

The word was he was ok to play but chose NOT to in order to not jeopardize his draft status.... so in other words his own needs were more important then a team playing in its most important game.... hrrrmmmm :noclue:

The word was he was ok to play but chose NOT to in order to not jeopardize his draft status.... so in other words his own needs were more important then a team playing in its most important game.... hrrrmmmm :noclue:

Who knows. People always make sh!t up to make people look bad. No one knows. What I do know is he's been heavily evaluated by the 'Phins' doctors and he's at 85% 4 months later, so I believe he couldn't play.

Who knows. People always make sh!t up to make people look bad. No one knows. What I do know is he's been heavily evaluated by the 'Phins' doctors and he's at 85% 4 months later, so I believe he couldn't play.

I am happy with what we did (Grubbs, Figurs, Yanda and Smith). McGhaee should have a career year behind this line and take the pressure of McNair. Hopefully, Billick can get his head out of his assets and come up with a real offensive game plan with the tools we have. Billick cost us the superbowl.

In the meantime what the hell are Philly and Miami thinking???

Hmmm...I remember when the Phins' doctors evaluated Brees and C-Pep. Right now I'm so pissed at the Phins as a whole, I can't even explain it. I've heard rumors that Cam picked Ginn because he was friends with his family. It seems to me that this is going to be a long season for phin fans.

<sigh> And I was almost hopeful before the draft.

This probably should have its own thread but it is a draft trade...

The Patriots have acquired RANDY MOSS for a fourth-round pick as per the NFL Network (via SNY) :blink:

NE's doing things they've never done before, splurge in FA, take bad character guys - geez, either they're really afraid of the Jets and are desperate to get one or two more SB's before the Jets get great or this is the last year or two for King Bill anyway.

Ill tell you what:

the Ginn Jr pick was a reach no question...but I love Beck as a QB...he has the tools to be a very good NFL QB, IMO just as much as Brady Quinn does.

If the Fish did not want Quinn...I would have liked to see the Fish draft Willis or Okoye with that pick...or say they were gonna draft Willis and see if the Niners would move up 2 spots, get another 2nd rounder, and THEN take Ginn...more value for the buck, so to speak.