Kostitsyn and Devils perfect fit

caron14

Apparently we consider offering Kostitsyn a contract and AK could be a perfect fit for us. Strong talent but a guy who need managment in his lifestyle. They actually said it a low risk really high reward beacuse with his talent we really dont know how good he could be.

Your thought:

mine is that if the guy want he could score 25 to 35 goal every year, I'll take the risk for sure. He is not parise, but the uy can score and we need to replace those goal

http://www.hockey30.com/nouvelles/kostitsyn-au-new-jersey-phoenix-vs-san-jose-pour-doan/

I found it. I've never heard of this site before, so I have no clue how reliable it is

Edit: The same article says that Doan's second choice is San Jose, who I've seen mentioned in roughly zero Doan rumors, so I'd take it all with a large grain of salt.

Edited by RSC

Wait. Doesn't he have the "lazy" baggage too? Why didn't we just sign Semin if we are considering giving Kostitsyn a contract? Strictly because of price? EDIT: I'm on my phone so I can't post a link right now but I saw San Jose considered for Doan.

Edited by TheMazz

I'd chance it. We need somebody, and I'd rather not sign a second tier player to a long term deal and fvck up our cap just when Lou got it down.

AK and the Devils aren't a perfect fit. Lou won't sign a guy who was out drinking late into the night while his squad was still very much in the playoffs and race for the cup. You don't change that kind of behavior. If he wasn't committed then why will he suddenly be committed here? Hell no. Keep potential locker room cancers out.

Edited by Mayday

AK and the Devils aren't a perfect fit. Lou won't sign a guy who was out drinking late into the night while his squad was still very much in the playoffs and race for the cup. You don't change that kind of behavior. If he wasn't committed then why will he suddenly be committed here? Hell no. Keep potential locker room cancers out.

From what I've heard about that situation, that it was blown way out of proportion. They still broke team curfew, but it wasn't as drastic as the hockey community made it seem.

Made it look all that more foolish on Nashville's part to suspend them both for more than a game.

Edited by Jerseydevils0324

What choices are we left with.... Trades would hurt our depth. If this guy can replace some of what we lost when Parise went and joined his boy band in minny, I say do it short term. We need to lock up Zajac and others long term, so that should be our new priority.

What choices are we left with.... Trades would hurt our depth. If this guy can replace some of what we lost when Parise went and joined his boy band in minny, I say do it short term. We need to lock up Zajac and others long term, so that should be our new priority.

The right trade wouldn't hurt our depth as we have an abundence of tradeable defensemen. Say Tedenby has a soild year he would have make good trade bait come the deadline. Tallinder + Tedenby (depending on if his year is soild) + prospect and a pick seems reasonable enough. I am HOPING Teddy has Bergfors syndrome...that way we can fleece a team into thinking they are getting a player 10x better then they really are. I heard Iggy brought up before as a potential option by fans and I wouldn't be opposed. Sure he's old but he is a fantastic 2 way player and could make up for the production lost by Zach.

I heard Iggy brought up before as a potential option by fans and I wouldn't be opposed. Sure he's old but he is a fantastic 2 way player and could make up for the production lost by Zach.

I would kill for Iggy, but that feels like a pipe dream.

I would kill for Iggy, but that feels like a pipe dream.

Iggy played guitar, jamming good w/ wierd and Gilly, and the......

I think a cancerous locker room is one with "clicks" I don't think one guy can come in a destroy a locker room. Unless he's a game changer like Jagr was at one time. He sucked all the available oxygen in the room. AK imo doesn't have that ability. N one would listen to this guy. C'mon AK, jump aboard the train

From what I've heard about that situation, that it was blown way out of proportion. They still broke team curfew, but it wasn't as drastic as the hockey community made it seem.

Made it look all that more foolish on Nashville's part to suspend them both for more than a game.

Maybe. I read he was out at like 4am drinking but I'm probably wrong.

IMO if Lou was going to make a risk signing with one of the Russians AK or Semin he would of committed to Semin.

Maybe. I read he was out at like 4am drinking but I'm probably wrong.

IMO if Lou was going to make a risk signing with one of the Russians AK or Semin he would of committed to Semin.

Yeah, apparently them being out til 4am drinking is a rumor. I've heard that Rads and AK were out eating and came back just an hour past curfew. Could be false though.

I'm for giving him a try, I think if they added AK and resigned Sykora I will be ok with where they are at right now. Then again I can't tell if thats how I really feel or if I just feel that way because I'm dying for ANYTHING new to happen for them right now...

I'm for giving him a try, I think if they added AK and resigned Sykora I will be ok with where they are at right now. Then again I can't tell if thats how I really feel or if I just feel that way because I'm dying for ANYTHING new to happen for them right now...

It would help a lot for our depth.

Kovalchuk Zajac Henrique

Zubrus Elias Kostitsyn

Sykora/Tedenby Josefson Clarkson

Carter Gionta Bernier