Dano is the new Chico. jMac is the new Dano

Pepperkorn

Anyone going to MSG next week for Devils-Rangers??? I know a lot of Devils fans going, it's pretty much the only Devils-Rangers at MSG game you'll be able to get for "cheap" all season. During the regular season, we play them 2 days after Christmas (gonna be rammed/overpriced) and on a Saturday toward the end of the season (rammed/overpriced for obvious reasons).

For next week's game, you can find tickets in the $20s-30s. I'll be there with 4 others!

my brother in law gave me free tickets in 226 to go but im not sure that iam going to make the trip to the city for it i may just choose to watch it on tv...its only pre season hockey. I guess ill wait to see what the lines are going to be for tomorrow.

Since Dano is the new Chico and I had to hang up my Chicoisms board I need a new game....

Dano Likes...?

- physicality

unfortunately I think dano's equivalent to chicoisms will be how many times he stumbles through his commentary (although in a way I guess Chico is guilty of some rambling).

I love dano and respect him for everything he's done for this club, but I'm apprehensive of his color commentary ability- i think he's great at intermission reports when he has time to think about what he's gonna say, but I'm not sure he can keep up with the fast paced nature of the game. Plus he has a voice made for silent movies.

That being said I'm willing to give him a chance because like I said he's meant so much to the organization... I hope he proves me wrong.

I am not counting Al as we all know how he is.

Jaffe is actually quite unbiased and Maloney is too to an extent.  Even Duguay is more critical of the Rags than Dano is with the Devils.

I guess I agree with this, but at the same time I'm glad Dano is not afraid to stand up for the devils.... I mean cripes the team is basically the third or fourth fiddle on their own damn network- the other guys can be more unbiased because MSG is rangers/Knicks 21 hours out of the day (and that's on a day when they broadcast a devils game!)

Random question, after scouring google images for a little bit and having no luck:

Does anyone have an isolated picture of the ice skating devil that's in the "D" in Devils Den and was our supposed alternate logo years ago? [i.e. with the skates/hockey stick pitchfork without the D]

EDIT: There is one I found on a concept jersey but the face is a horrible cartoon one.

Edited by jagknife

From TG  John MacLean will be joining MSG+ telecasts for Devils' games in Ken Daneyko's former role

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice/status/514892641205776384

Too bad coaching didn't work out for him. Always been a JMac fan. Too young to really follow the betrayal, but old enough to know he was awesome on NHL '95. 

I wonder how permanent this is or if he plans to get back into coaching.