#1 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Per riche chere.....

What does it mean? trade ? butler call up?

#2 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Henrique is set to return?
Posted Image

#3 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Feel bad for Teddy but this could be it for him.. He's just too small for the NHL and it hinders his game all around
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,713 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Butler will be called up

www.SterioDesign.com

#5 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Bergfors 2.0

#6 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,266 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Feel bad for Teddy but this could be it for him.. He's just too small for the NHL and it hinders his game all around

Looking like an NHL longshot indeed at this point, sadly enough.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#7 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

i feel bad for him and for the devils... we need a forward badly

Yesterday Matteau and tedenby made mistake that make zajac and kovalchuk duo inaffective.... poor decision on pass and they are not ready to play with them.... only if we can clone zubrus... (zuby work with both 2 top line)..

kovy-zajac-zubrus
elias-henrique-clarkson could fit

Edited by caron14, 28 January 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#8 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Got this from @DevilsArmyBlog:

Per Rich Chere: Lamoriello on Tedenby being sent down: "He's trying so hard. He's got to settle down, go to Albany and get his game under control."

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#9 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Very disappointing. I was hoping that he could have at least a few nice plays that would impress some GM for maybe a little bit of trade value.

I guess it's safe to call him a bust at this point. Every team has a bunch of them, but you never like to see it.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#10 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

I like Teddy, but unfortunately you are right about the size issue. In the end, that was just a horrible pick all around. We could have selected John Carlson - NJ boy who grew up a Devils fan - but we traded down to get Tedenby. I usually give young players the benefit of the doubt in these situations, and I hope he ends up being a late bloomer and can get stronger on the puck, but it doesn't look good.
Posted Image

#11 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

You've got plenty of small guys who are effective. It's not the size.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#12 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Imagine if he had buried that breakaway vs NYI...could have started his season off on a totally different note.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

#13 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

You've got plenty of small guys who are effective. It's not the size.

youre a 100% right.... a bust maybe but we never know

#14 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,422 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

He needs to get stronger on his skates, there are plenty of small players who make it in the NHL, they just refuse to go down, they find holes and make it work, he just is not there yet.
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#15 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,181 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

He needs to get stronger on his skates, there are plenty of small players who make it in the NHL, they just refuse to go down, they find holes and make it work, he just is not there yet.

Right that's more what I meant.. His lack of size shows a lot in his play.. Where Brian/Stephen Gio battle and stay inn the puck, Teddy seems to be thrown aside more easily
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#16 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:27 PM

I was saying this in chat last night, he just isn't a NHL player as is. How many games can they give him to finally produce? At some rate others are going to pass him.

#17 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,511 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

It's not his size - he has no clue what he is doing in the defensive zone, and he's not good enough with the puck to make up for that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#18 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's not his size - he has no clue what he is doing in the defensive zone, and he's not good enough with the puck to make up for that.

He seems to have regressed
I think he has no confidence, the NHL is tough league

#19 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Hmeh -- I dont think it's just his size. Lots of guys can work with the hand they were dealt. I hope he can come back but -- it amounts to he's inconsistant. It doesn't seem like he's learning how he's made things happen. More like they just happen and he hopes he can make it happen again. I'm not holding out any hope he'll see a formula for success at this point. Even if he finds his mojo in Albany - it'll still amount to hit or miss. I dont know who can help the kid.

No confidence = no technique

which equals death -- you have no path to follow no point of reference from which to grow from. Everythign is too sketchy IMO. I hate to say it looks like he doesn't know what he's doing and I dont mean it quite the way it reads. :(

Edited by Pepperkorn, 28 January 2013 - 12:46 PM.

I'm here for the party

#20 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Bingo
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users