584 replies to this topic

#401 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

My year in concerts ended last week with The National at Beacon Theater. Second row. In-fvcking-credible. Got great video of them doing Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks acoustic, with no microphones, a giant singalong. I was so close it picked up Matt (the singer)'s voice anyway.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#402 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

Filter... March 8 at Gramercy Theater..

HELL YEAH!
POTATO!!!

#403 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:38 PM

Mastodon and Opeth tour in april... cannot WAIT for this!
POTATO!!!

#404 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:33 PM

Tool
February 1st at the CAA (Posted Image) ... got free tix. since my friend bought a bunch for the hell of it... im not complaining haha

excellentness!

also Red Hot Chili Peppers @ the Rock in may... can't wait to go to that either

Edited by Microwavepizza, 26 January 2012 - 05:36 PM.

POTATO!!!

#405 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

I'll be going seeing Iced Earth and Symphony X at Starland February 3rd and Primus at Gramercy Theater on the 9th, can't wait!
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#406 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

I'll be going seeing Iced Earth and Symphony X at Starland February 3rd and Primus at Gramercy Theater on the 9th, can't wait!

ive seen Symphony X live before, excellent all around, enjoy!
POTATO!!!

#407 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

ive seen Symphony X live before, excellent all around, enjoy!

Cool I'm not really all that familiar with them, I'm mainly going to see Iced Earth though I'm not a big fan of their new CD and I'm not so sure about the new singer, but I figure this show is cheap enough that it's worth it anyway, especially since I can easily drive there without having to worry about paying for a train ticket to New York. I did listen to a few songs by Symphony X years ago and thought they were alright. I might be more into their style now though.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#408 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

Did anyone try to get Bruce Springsteen tickets today? I've never seen him before and would like to see him at least once. Five shows went on sale today, two at the Izod Center, two at MSG, and one at the Rock -- it will be his first time playing there. I tried to buy tix for either Izod or the Rock but by the time I got through on TM, nothing was left. I couldn't even get through on TM for over an hour.

#409 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

Yeah, a lot of people reported the same thing. It happens anytime NJ/NY Bruce tickets go on sale - Ticketmaster just can't handle the demand between the actual fans and the scalper bots.

I didn't even bother - as bad as I want to see him (I, too, have yet to see him live), I just don't have the money right now.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#410 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

Yeah, a lot of people reported the same thing. It happens anytime NJ/NY Bruce tickets go on sale - Ticketmaster just can't handle the demand between the actual fans and the scalper bots.

I didn't even bother - as bad as I want to see him (I, too, have yet to see him live), I just don't have the money right now.

Scalper bots? I don't know anything about them, but they sound nefarious!

Seriously though, getting concert tickets at a reasonable price for decent seats at popular arena shows has become near impossible. One really has to be crafty and diligent.

#411 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:47 PM

Im goin to the Black Keys at the Wells Fargo Center in March ;)
:cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#412 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:11 PM

saw Tool last night @ the CAA...

the opener (YOB) were seriously awful. Psychedelic Sludge Metal... name says it all. Just noise with bass..

Tool came on around 9 and they are one damn good live band, seriously. Love them live. Played tons of awesome songs (Most off of AEnima and Lateralus, and a few off Opiate/Undertow)
(Being a Drummer) i am always Mesmerized by Danny Careys drumming, just... INSANE

My only gripe is too much jamming/ambient noises... but that was a total of 15 minutes throughout the hour and 45 minute set

Would definitely see them again

going back to CAA (yeah yeah whatever) for the 2nd time since the Devils moved... im glad we are NO longer there.
The Concourse is just horrible. Too many people, the lines are insane. wow im happy we're at The Rock
The ONLY redeeming quality are the upper seats at the CAA are better than the rocks (Leg room people, leg room)
POTATO!!!

#413 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 01:22 AM

Man Primus was awesome last night. They played at Gramercy Theatre, which was probably the smallest concert venue I've ever been to. It was cool to see a prominent band like Primus at such an intimate venue. Doors didn't open until 9 and I got there a little after 7, so I was able to get a spot right up on the barricade in front of the stage. The vocals sounded like they weren't loud enough, at least where I was, but it was still a great show. In case there are other Primus fans on this site, here is the setlist they played...

Set 1:
To Defy the Laws of Tradition
Fisticuffs
Moron TV
Frizzle Fry
Eternal Consumption Engine
The Toys Go Winding Down
Tommy the Cat

Set 2:
Prelude to a Crawl
Hennepin Crawler
Golden Boy
Mr. Knowitall
Seas of Cheese
Jilly's on Smack
The Pressman
Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
Bob
My Name Is Mud

Encore:
Lee Van Cleef
John the Fisherman

Edited by devilsfan26, 11 February 2012 - 01:23 AM.

--John Buccigross

#414 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

It sounds like that Primus show was pretty cool. Some of my friends used to be big into them. I only know a few of their songs, but I bet I would've enjoyed the show, had I went.

I know there are some Metallica fans on here. In case anyone didn't hear about it, they will be headlining a weekend outdoor festival in Atlantic City in June. On one night, they'll play the "Black Album" in its entirety; the other night, they'll play "Ride the Lightning" in its entirety.

http://orionmusicandmore.com/

#415 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

I used to be a huge Metallica fan in my teenage years. I'm seriously considering going to this - the lineup is incredible, and not at all what I would expect out of a Metallica-curated festival.

#416 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

How's this for a combination? Iron Maiden with Alice Cooper at The Rock, July 2nd. Posted Image
Obviously this one won't come cheap though.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#417 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

How's this for a combination? Iron Maiden with Alice Cooper at The Rock, July 2nd. Posted Image
Obviously this one won't come cheap though.

Maiden usually keeps its tix at a respectable price.

Edited by 95Crash, 15 February 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#418 TheParallax

TheParallax

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I'll be going to Ghost / Opeth / Mastodon in Philly (Boo!!) April 9th, and Clutch on April 17th at Sherman Theater in Stroudsburg PA. It's a very small venue, just perfect for a Clutch show!!

@Microwavepizza, that Tool show was my 6th.. They get infinitely better each time I've seen them... (With the exception of the interlude during 'Sober.. Did not like that...)'

#419 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

I'll be going to Ghost / Opeth / Mastodon in Philly (Boo!!) April 9th, and Clutch on April 17th at Sherman Theater in Stroudsburg PA. It's a very small venue, just perfect for a Clutch show!!

@Microwavepizza, that Tool show was my 6th.. They get infinitely better each time I've seen them... (With the exception of the interlude during 'Sober.. Did not like that...)'

I would see Tool again any time...
and ill be at the Roseland Opeth/Mastodon show (cannot wait) ive seen Opeth twice before (One was a chronology of all of Opeths music in 2 hours) and again last september where they did acoustic stuff

im looking forward to seeing Mastodon
POTATO!!!

#420 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'm going to the first night of Bamboozle. Which is weird because of the three, it's by far the weakest day. I guess I'll sit on the beach and laugh at Skrillex fans or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users