Mike Rupp Game Worn Jersey Auction

brodeurrocks

Since there has been a fair bit of jersey talk on the board lately......thought some here might find this of interest.

LINK TO AUCTION

Comes with Meigray papers and starting bid is $225.00

Good looking out!

Its a preseason huh?

Well the price is Ok if it stays near $250.00. Or does it comman dmore being an older CCM?

Am I right SPJ?

Yeah, that Wiemer is a decent price with the JM patch. I also like that it shows some wear (what with the "filth" and all :doh1: ). With the Rupp being a pre-season shirt it doesn't seem to show much wear (I'm big on photomatching). I wonder if the Rupp was a re-do that belonged to someone else before he wore it? :noclue:

It's a little pricey for a preseason, as preseason's don't command as much as regular season worn jerseys unless they have some great wear or the player is popular. They can be nice alternatives for someone that can't afford a player in a regular season jersey.

That jersey retailed at MeiGray for $295. I have the white road Rupp 03-04 preseason and it's littered with stick marks and the sleeves have holes and marks.

$20 shipping? That's very high.

Yeah, that Wiemer is a decent price with the JM patch. I also like that it shows some wear (what with the "filth" and all :doh1: ). With the Rupp being a pre-season shirt it doesn't seem to show much wear (I'm big on photomatching). I wonder if the Rupp was a re-do that belonged to someone else before he wore it? :noclue:

Back in the day, it was common practice for the Devils and teams to "recycle" jerseys over preseasons and regular season. Today, that is rare, even though it does happen in some cases. However, in the case of the Rupp, it was worn by him and only him as it is recorded in the MeiGray population report and the way the sets were in 03-04 where there was a preseason set plus set 1, 2 and 3.

Edited by SJP20

Back in the day, it was common practice for the Devils and teams to "recycle" jerseys over preseasons and regular season. Today, that is rare, even though it does happen in some cases. However, in the case of the Rupp, it was worn by him and only him as it is recorded in the MeiGray population report and the way the sets were in 03-04 where there was a preseason set plus set 1, 2 and 3.

Thanks for the info unknown poster.....by the way, I agree that things over on the game worn board seem to have gotten out of control over the last few years. It's refreshing to chat with someone like yourself who has a genuine interest in the hobby rather than getting involved in the "politics", bickering and grandstanding that has gone on.

Thanks for the info unknown poster.....by the way, I agree that things over on the game worn board seem to have gotten out of control over the last few years. It's refreshing to chat with someone like yourself who has a genuine interest in the hobby rather than getting involved in the "politics", bickering and grandstanding that has gone on.

Thanks rocks, i agree. I had my problems with a few troublemaking individuals and bad dealers on that forum over the last 4-5 months. I unfortunetly got suckered into the crap instead of just walking away from it or handling it in private. It's a problem i've remedied and i've found it better on my blood pressure.

I've even changed my webshots page to private because of the lack of manners on that site.

Here's the front of my 03-04 Rupp preseason which is the "sister" to the one on eBay. I apologize if the pic is a little dark but you can make out alot of the marks including the chewed up sleeve toward the elbow:

2012578810102523534S425x425Q85.jpg

Edited by SJP20

Thanks rocks, i agree. I had my problems with a few troublemaking individuals and bad dealers on that forum over the last 4-5 months. I unfortunetly got suckered into the crap instead of just walking away from it or handling it in private. It's a problem i've remedied and i've found it better on my blood pressure.

I've even changed my webshots page to private because of the lack of manners on that site.

Here's the front of my 03-04 Rupp preseason which is the "sister" to the one on eBay. I apologize if the pic is a little dark but you can make out alot of the marks including the chewed up sleeve toward the elbow:

2012578810102523534S425x425Q85.jpg

I agree...make peace and move on.

Now your Rupper shows nice wear! BTW, did you see the Primeau Wings gamer on eBay? It shows a load of marks on the front.

I agree...make peace and move on.

Now your Rupper shows nice wear! BTW, did you see the Primeau Wings gamer on eBay? It shows a load of marks on the front.

Yeah, that's a great jersey! They don't come that way anymore, sadly. Teams wash them different now with better chemicals to clean them with and with the lack of body contact and clutch and grabbing there are fewer repairs. Also, with more players using white tape on their blades and wooden sticks are obsolete leads to less marks.

The Reebok 1.0's showed some old school type wear, especially the Capitals.

Yeah, that's a great jersey! They don't come that way anymore, sadly. Teams wash them different now with better chemicals to clean them with and with the lack of body contact and clutch and grabbing there are fewer repairs. Also, with more players using white tape on their blades and wooden sticks are obsolete leads to less marks.

The Reebok 1.0's showed some old school type wear, especially the Capitals.

Yeah, the day's of lot's of wear are gone....you don't even see the huge amount of board burns that you used to.....I guess there is a lot less stick checking these days. :lol:

I see Meigray doesn't have a population report for the 07-08 sets on their site. Do you have any idea on the dates that the 07-08 regular season shirts were worn? Set 1 was worn from October 6 to ??? Set 2 from that date on, etc.?

Yeah, the day's of lot's of wear are gone....you don't even see the huge amount of board burns that you used to.....I guess there is a lot less stick checking these days. :lol:

I see Meigray doesn't have a population report for the 07-08 sets on their site. Do you have any idea on the dates that the 07-08 regular season shirts were worn? Set 1 was worn from October 6 to ??? Set 2 from that date on, etc.?

I haven't heard anymore regarding the pop report as of yet. I'm assuming it will be available very soon though.

The Devils set dates for 07-08 are as follows from MeiGray:

Red Set 1 (RBK Edge 1.0) 2 Preseason, Oct. 31-Nov. 8 (4 regular season games)

White Set 1 (RBK Edge 1.0) 4 Preseason, Oct. 4-Nov. 3 (10 regular season games).

The Devils wore three Promotional Sets of RBK 1.0 jerseys on Opening Night at the Prudential Center on Oct. 27. These jerseys had a one-game only Opening Night patch.

Red Set 2 (RBK Edge 2.0) - 11/14/07 through 2/23/08

White Set 2 (RBK Edge 2.0) - 11/10/07 through 3/4/08

Red Set 3 (RBK Edge 2.0) - 2/29/08 through 4/6/08

White Set 3 (RBK Edge 2.0) - 3/1/08 through 4/4/08

Set 3 is scheduled to be worn in the playoffs.

I haven't heard anymore regarding the pop report as of yet. I'm assuming it will be available very soon though.

The Devils set dates for 07-08 are as follows from MeiGray:

Red Set 1 (RBK Edge 1.0) 2 Preseason, Oct. 31-Nov. 8 (4 regular season games)

White Set 1 (RBK Edge 1.0) 4 Preseason, Oct. 4-Nov. 3 (10 regular season games).

The Devils wore three Promotional Sets of RBK 1.0 jerseys on Opening Night at the Prudential Center on Oct. 27. These jerseys had a one-game only Opening Night patch.

Red Set 2 (RBK Edge 2.0) - 11/14/07 through 2/23/08

White Set 2 (RBK Edge 2.0) - 11/10/07 through 3/4/08

Red Set 3 (RBK Edge 2.0) - 2/29/08 through 4/6/08

White Set 3 (RBK Edge 2.0) - 3/1/08 through 4/4/08

Set 3 is scheduled to be worn in the playoffs.

Thanks for the info. Is this info on the Meigray site somewhere? Maybe I missed it? :noclue:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.