Upcoming Autograph Signings

Quinn01

Disappointing turn out for Claude yesterday.  About half the crowd for Patty a week or so earlier.

I think a lot had to do is that most of the signings for current players have a ton of the 16-25 crowd who do not remember Claude from when he was on the Devils.  Yesterday you can see most of the crowd was older than most of the other signings I have been to lately.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointing turn out for Claude yesterday.  About half the crowd for Patty a week or so earlier.

I think a lot had to do is that most of the signings for current players have a ton of the 16-25 crowd who do not remember Claude from when he was on the Devils.  Yesterday you can see most of the crowd was older than most of the other signings I have been to lately.

It was hard for me to gauge because I got up to Claude fairly quickly and left after he signed my items.  I needed him on some quality pieces for awhile so it was nice to get those done and chat with Pepe for a few minutes...

I hope Sports Minded gets some of the older guys in the future....I would love to go to a Niedermayer signing, and would pay for some older guys like Guerin, Richer, etc etc

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help me identify some of these signatures.  I picked it up from a friend last week and he said the jersey was signed by the guys on the 06 - 07 roster.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Please, Please, Please

http://www.mediafire.com/view/ld4em4e8c5tqas4/photo.JPG

Bored at work so here I go...

Starting at top and going down left side then across bottom and back up:

Jay Pandolfo

Not sure

Rod Pelley

Sergei Brylin

Travis Zajac

Colin White

Marty

Mike Mottau

Brian Gionta

Not sure who this one is...

Possibly David Hale...

David Clarkson

Paul Martin

Dainius Zubrus

Lou Lamoriello

Did anyone go to the Richer signing this past Saturday (June 29th) at Sports Minded in Warren?  He was a really nice guy and had him sign a puck of mine.

Unfortunately like the Claude Lemieux signing the turnout was a little low.

Edited by DevsMan84

Filling in the gaps:

Jay Pandolfo

Karel Rachunek

Rod Pelley

Sergei Brylin

Travis Zajac

Colin White

Marty

Mike Mottau

Brian Gionta

Arron Asham

Vitaly Vishnevski

David Clarkson

Paul Martin

Dainius Zubrus

Lou Lamoriello

Jay Pandolfo

Not sure

Rod Pelley

Sergei Brylin

Travis Zajac

Colin White

Marty

Mike Mottau

Brian Gionta

Not sure who this one is...

Possibly David Hale...

David Clarkson

Paul Martin

Dainius Zubrus

Lou Lamoriello

Would you mind doing that for me if I sent you a pic?

Go for it, I'll try my best

Thanks....I've had this autographed by a lot of players..mostly from 2007-present I believe, but there are some from older players as well...

oj4h8k.jpg

6isnjp.jpg

177i34.jpg

Sorry about the orientation, not sure why that happened...

Edited by NJDEVS1730

Here's my quick stab at it:

oj4h8kcopy.jpg

1 Patrik Elias 2 Martin Brodeur 3 John Madden 4 Lou Lamoriello 5 Brian Rolston 6 Matt Halischuk? 7 Eric Boulton? 8 Barry Tallackson? 9 Bryce Salvador 10 Mike Mottau 11 Tommy Albelin 12 Bruce Driver 13 Sheldon Brookbank 14 Scott Clemmensen 15 Ken Daneyko 16 Jay Pandolfo 17 Petr Vrana 18 Jacques Caron 19 Ilya Kovalchuk 20 Pierre-Luc Leblond 21 Colin White 22 Adam Henrique 23 Zach Parise 24 Stephen Gionta 25 ? 26 Andy Greene 27 Paul Martin 28 Claude Lemieux 29 Dainius Zubrus 30 Nicklas Bergfors? 31 Johnny Oduya? 32 Kurtis Foster?

Free Brodeur signing on Saturday, July 20th at Sports Minded Unlimited in Warren, NJ.  It is from noon to 2PM and it is 1 free autograph per person with a $10 purchase.

Oh and one last thing, it is for Anthony Brodeur, not Martin Brodeur.

I kid you not.

If anyone else is capable of helping me out with my Jersey...I had a certificate of authenticity with all the players listed on there...but it got destroyed during Sandy.  (I grabbed the Jersey to get it out of the house, but forgot the Cert.) I'm trying to redo something as best I can...but some are too tricky for me.  All were from the 1999-2000 season.

fzKkMfU.jpg

0B7kV5V.jpg

cUPTTCL.jpg

Fhic358.jpg

1e2RLeC.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Judging by what I see on Facebook looks like there will be a low turnout. Sorry but he shouldn't be anything more than $60.

You are DREAMING.  Do you have any idea how signings work?!?  You have to pay a truckload of cash to get them to appear.

Take aforementioned pile of money divided by amount of signatures agreed upon to sign

This will give you your cost per signature

You will NEVER see Jagr for $60.  NEVER. 

I would recommend going to http://www.ajsportsworld.com/signings to get a realistic view of prices. 

Carey Price is $99 for a Premium Item

Ask yourself; where does Carey Price rank in comparison to JAROMIR JAGR?!?!?

Sorry for the aggressive defense of the price, but people need to understand this is not a case of someone trying to gouge fans.   People complain about the price with absolutely ZERO knowledge of how these deals get done. 

This store will likely break even/make very little money on this signing.

You are DREAMING.  Do you have any idea how signings work?!?  You have to pay a truckload of cash to get them to appear.

Take aforementioned pile of money divided by amount of signatures agreed upon to sign

This will give you your cost per signature

You will NEVER see Jagr for $60.  NEVER. 

I would recommend going to http://www.ajsportsworld.com/signings to get a realistic view of prices. 

Carey Price is $99 for a Premium Item

Ask yourself; where does Carey Price rank in comparison to JAROMIR JAGR?!?!?

Sorry for the aggressive defense of the price, but people need to understand this is not a case of someone trying to gouge fans.   People complain about the price with absolutely ZERO knowledge of how these deals get done. 

This store will likely break even/make very little money on this signing.

I know how they work.  Brian at Sports Minded at best broke even on the Claude Lemieux signing based off attendance and the fact that he told me he paid Claude $8k to appear.  Not only that, Claude was $30 a pop.  Now Jagr is coming and the price is $99 with no inscriptions?  Please Brian will take a bath on this and you are going to see a lot of leftover signed pucks/pictures in the glass case he has of his past Devils signings he could not sell.  Brodeur's prices are usually $50-60 and he is a legend and I believe is also with Steiner.

Carey Price is also in a hockey-mad market where everything and every player is trumped up.  $99 makes sense as they have nothing else to compete with up there.

Just based on the response it is getting on the event page on Facebook, the price is def scaring people way and I have better ways to spend $99 than on some person's scribbling.

I know how they work.  Brian at Sports Minded at best broke even on the Claude Lemieux signing based off attendance and the fact that he told me he paid Claude $8k to appear.  Not only that, Claude was $30 a pop.  Now Jagr is coming and the price is $99 with no inscriptions?  Please Brian will take a bath on this and you are going to see a lot of leftover signed pucks/pictures in the glass case he has of his past Devils signings he could not sell.  Brodeur's prices are usually $50-60 and he is a legend and I believe is also with Steiner.

Carey Price is also in a hockey-mad market where everything and every player is trumped up.  $99 makes sense as they have nothing else to compete with up there.

Just based on the response it is getting on the event page on Facebook, the price is def scaring people way and I have better ways to spend $99 than on some person's scribbling.

Where have you EVER seen Brodeur in this decade for "$50-$60"?  I believe in the mid-late 90's his price was around that figure.  Every time I have seen him in recent memory he has been $80-$100.  Again, you are giving misinformation.  Marty is NOT $50-$60.

What does this mean exactly?:  "Carey Price is also in a hockey-mad market where everything and every player is trumped up.  $99 makes sense as they have nothing else to compete with up there."

Yes it is a hockey crazed market, but $99 for a relative nobody is a lot.  Makes an all time great like Jagr seem like a real bargain at that price.

Nobody is forcing people to pay for any signing.  If you do not want to pay the cost, then do not go.  It is that simple.  My issue is with people bitching and moaning about it, as if that is going to change anything.  If the cost of $99/per is what it takes for a store owner to essentially break even or squeak out a tiny profit, you should be thankful someone is giving the public the opportunity.  If anyone wants to point the finger, or "blame" someone...blame the athletes for demaning so much.  In the end, everyone has to realize that professional sports is a business.  A very big busine$$.

I didn't see it as bitching and moaning.  I saw it as an honest assessment of the turnout.  Also, DevsMan never blamed anyone for the price.  He just said that it was too high in this circumstance.  Finally, parts of your argument don't hold up, ThreeCups.  Jagr is a Hall of Famer, no doubt.  He is also someone who a lot of Devils fans will never truly come to love because of the history that he has against this team.  Price, on the other hand, is not "a relative nobody".  He is a WJC champion/MVP, the presumptive starter for the Candian team in Sochi, and the face of the Habs.  In his market, like it or not, his value is sky high.  I don't see the same market for Jagr in NJ at this point.  Your point about Brodeur's price is correct though.  I have not seen him below $89 in a long time.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.