NFL WEEK ONE!!!!!

CRASHER

When you're 12-4, 13-3... 16-0... you're SUPPOSED to win

when you stumble into the playoffs and somehow find the switch like the Giants and Steelers did.... it's things falling into place and things going their way, there's a HUGE difference, and if you can't see that you're going to have one lonely back, because unless you have some killer reach... ain't no one else patting it for ya :P

San Diego too had a VERY good run last year where things went their way, until they just ran out of players... now those players are back (well minus Merriman who will explode on the field this year)

it's no fluke either that most magical run teams fall short the next year... when things fall perfectly right one year they WON'T again the next

but yeah you beat a Redskin team that forgot you're allowed to no huddle and pass the ball past the first down line... break out the parade now :boogie:

Good points there Crasher. So true too. When you are 13-3 and 16-0 you are the favorites to go to the SB and you're SUPPOSED to win. Just didn't happen and upsets do happen.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is funny and all so true too. The fans turn rather quickly I have noticed too and so much for that loyal fan through good and the bad times over the years. :P They only come around when good things are happening.

It wasn't always that way. The majority of Giants fans at the games used to be as loyal as they come. Somewhere along the line, Giants Stadium started becoming more and more like the old Vet, where the fans would turn on their team in a second.

I still don't understand how come the Skins passed on Greg Williams, (For HC.) and selected Jim Zorn. I still don't understand. With Williams that Defence was real good.. And he knew pretty much the whole staff.

As for Campbell.. Its like his 7th or 8th system in 7years he had to learn( Including his days with Auburn U.) Man.. Redskins got the tools, just the Coachs they don't have. Good Def, Good O-line,Good Running game.. Soso WRs, Soso QB.

Just the fact they play in the NFC East, doesn't help lol,

I see them as 6-10 or 7-9. Might be the time to stop signing tons of overprice Free Agents, and try to rebuild through the Draft lol

I agree. That game was lost by Zorn. 6 minutes left and your just taking your time making plays AND running the ball??????? NEEDING two scores??? That was horrible.

Well..This year's AFC NORTH's gonna be Steelers :P

Browns lost their 1st and 3rd CB, what do you expect ? And then, we might see how DA's overrated.(With a very tough schedule.)

Overall, the team that's gonna win the AFC north Title, will have to win all their six games vs their opponents. Simple as that.

GO STEEEEEEEEEEELERS !!!

The division is yours.....for now. Wait till 2009-10 Season.

It wasn't always that way. The majority of Giants fans at the games used to be as loyal as they come. Somewhere along the line, Giants Stadium started becoming more and more like the old Vet, where the fans would turn on their team in a second.

I don't know what the majority of Giants fans are like, but the three that I watch games with pretty much every Sunday (if the Pats are playing at the same time, I go to another TV where I'm still in earshot, so we can still talk/goof around) would have cut off limbs to get a shot at a Super Bowl win. All three of them really surprised me yesterday...I must have reminded them at least five times, "C'mon, guys, you won a friggin' CHAMPIONSHIP, in one of the all-time historic upsets EVER, and your team is WINNING THIS GAME, maybe it's not quite as pretty as you would've liked, but it's FRIGGIN' WEEK ONE!" The responses I got were "Yeah, but that was last year," and "Then they should be doing better," and "See, they're not going to be that good this year...". Whatever happened to just enjoying the moment? To giving your guys who are WINNING THE DAMN GAME a break? All three of them surprised the sh!t out of me...I really would've thought that they would've enjoyed being fans of the Super Bowl Champs so much more. To come down so hard on a team that did so much just seems ridiculous to me. (And I'm not indicting all Giants fans here. Just the three I was watching the game with.)

I want some of the drugs that you are taking! :hah:

I didn't know there were Eagles fans considering they have been a disappointment their whole entire existence.

Eagles maybe will finish 7-9. At best 8-8. Giants and Cowboys will be better and the Cowboys will win the division once again. Hate to break the bad news to you.

Just wondering what week McNabb will get hurt and will be out for the season. LOL! Eagirls Suck!

What have the Eagles won? NOTHING! Win in a SB before you say teams that have won MULTIPLE SB suck. Plain typical dumb Eagles fan running his mouth and keyboard off.

After this Sunday, I think the Jets, Cowboys and Giants will all be 1-0.

I resent the fact you calling me dumb. I never knew if you are a Giant fan it automatically makes you more intelligent then an Eagle fan. I am sure if MartysBetter said giants suck you would not have said one word. Also sports Illustrated said Eagles would win the division so it's not just Eagles fans saying it.

I resent the fact you calling me dumb. I never knew if you are a Giant fan it automatically makes you more intelligent then an Eagle fan. I am sure if MartysBetter said giants suck you would not have said one word. Also sports Illustrated said Eagles would win the division so it's not just Eagles fans saying it.

That maybe the ONLY magazine saying that about the Eagles because all the other magazines are saying Cowboys winning the division and the Giants getting the WC. SI magazine sometimes are really way off with their predictions.

FYI, not a Giants fan, but you made the insult by saying the Giants and Cowboys suck! I just cameback with the Eagirls suck! I apologize for calling you dumb. I actually meant it as a joking gesture along with the :P. Oh and I would have said something if MB said it, if I was a Giants fan. Good luck this season they will need it.

I know. I was there through the giants Danny Kanell years, LOL...

Also the Dave Brown years too. Joe Pasarchik years too back in the days. LOL! Every team goes through it.

Also the Dave Brown years too. Joe Pasarchik years too back in the days. LOL! Every team goes through it.

Cowboys had guys like Steve Pelluer and Quincy Carter and Gary Hogeboom..... LMAO! Cant really be proud of those QBs...

Cowboys had guys like Steve Pelluer and Quincy Carter and Gary Hogeboom..... LMAO! Cant really be proud of those QBs...

You left out Chad Suckinson and the always color blind Vinny Testaverde!! :P

Well...see, its not that I'm a Giants fans that makes me smarter...its that your an Eagles fan, making you dumber...not winning a championship in your entire city for a quarter of a century can do that to people. And I don't want to hear any of the AFL bullcrap :P

I don't disagree with any of this... you could see deer in headlights in Campbell wayyy too many times last night, and again I was sitting at the bar going... how in the hell does an ex-QB not get his team to HURRY UP the offense down 2 scores with 4:00 left !?!?!?!? :blink: ... the way that offense was run at the end was soooo Herm-like it was brutal (and those two AWFUL passes on 3rd and 4th down... what the hell?? I understand hitting the underneath guy but why is Moss running a 5 yard cross pattern on 4th and 12?!?!?!?)

Yeah, I didn't completly watch the entire game, the only highlights for the Redskins were their defense. That offense looked abysmal, (Expect for Portis.)

Anyway, its gonna be a long road for the Skins, and I'll LOL hard if they change their staff after this season.

Oh puh-lease, any Dev's fan who was alive after winning the Cup did that...

I do believe I was referring to the board award version that I so thoroughly dominated the voting on :P

(you know... keeping a comment relevant to what we were talking about B ) )

I love how Chris Berman described the Giants,

Shhhhh look at the Giants already 1-0, over looked in the division, over looked in the city, shhhhh defending champs.......shhhhhh

:whistling:

What hasnt Romo done yet? Won a super bowl, won a playoff game....

When will Jerry Jones retire? cant get anymore annoying! What did ESPN say? they reported that Jerry Jones said if they win this week against the browns they are for real... are you kidding me? How about if you WIN A PLAYOFF GAME, the cowboys are for real....... The cowboys have 13 probowlers, and 0 SUPER BOWLERS!!!

Edited by overtime98

Eh it shouldn't have even been that close kicker or no kicker. AS USUAL the Jets turn a business-like win late into a near nervous breakdown. I'd almost say the Jets didn't even deserve to win, they let a guy who can't throw downfield and a receiving corps whose main guy was a second-string TE in Dallas throw for over 250+ yards and almost blew a 13-point lead against a 1-15 team without its best player from last year.

The offense was okay other than the offensive line penalties, they're all getting used to each other and the QB. D the Jets played well until late (again as usual).

Edited by Hasan4978