Devils believe 14th straight playoff berth is 'possible'

Rock

The Devils are meant to break records. A comeback like this would be nothing.

The Devils broke the record for playoff wins on the road in '95, then just to show they weren't kidding around they tied their own mark in '00. In '03 they figured, 'What the hell, why not break the record for home playoff wins too?' And they broke it. Remember '06? In January they were 19 points behind Philly for the division title. Then they put together a 29-9-4 stretch that included win streaks of 9 and 11 games (that 11-gamer went to 15 if you count the Rangers sweep, bringing the stretch to 33-9-4) to take the crown in a comeback of record-breaking proportions.

So the Isles set the mark with a 12-point comeback in '94. Big whoop. Sometimes the insurmountable is meant to be mounted. Wait. That sounded dirty. Anyway, we can do this!

Darn right!! I love that mentality, and again when it is broken down into smaller chunks it doesnt sound nearly as insurmountable!!

GO DEVILS!!

Say what you want, they beat Dan Ellis (who was the no 1 in Tampa ) before the Roloson trade, and he has a pretty solid record, they came back and beat Roloson anyway... They beat Boucher who may still end up the #1 in Philly they arent sure who they are going with, and we had Hedburg in net anyway that game.

The Devils run no matter what goalies they have played has been solid, and again they have shown much more responsibility in their end, and have limited the opposition chances so I for one dont care which goalie is in net for the other team...

All I can say is I am rooting for Pitt, Detroit and Montreal tonight!!

Dan Ellis is a back-up/AHL caliber goalie which made the Roloson acquistion a neccessity in Tampa.

The Devils do look better, but I think it has more to do with the opposition taking us very lightly.

The Rangers game will be a better test, since they are a contender and because of the rivalry will not take us lightly.

Dan Ellis is a back-up/AHL caliber goalie which made the Roloson acquistion a neccessity in Tampa.

The Devils do look better, but I think it has more to do with the opposition taking us very lightly.

The Rangers game will be a better test, since they are a contender and because of the rivalry will not take us lightly.

so when the devils were completely in the toilet and losing every game, that happened why?

i agree that the senators gave up last night, but they're a give up kind of team. there's almost no way they're finishing ahead of us.

I think being this far out and the team playing good hockey actually adds another level of excitement to the season. Granted, I don't want to make this a habit but at least it makes checking the standings meaningful. AND if the Devils do reach the post season this with be one of those years that we as fans never forget. :D

Say what you want, they beat Dan Ellis (who was the no 1 in Tampa ) before the Roloson trade, and he has a pretty solid record, they came back and beat Roloson anyway... They beat Boucher who may still end up the #1 in Philly they arent sure who they are going with, and we had Hedburg in net anyway that game.

The Devils run no matter what goalies they have played has been solid, and again they have shown much more responsibility in their end, and have limited the opposition chances so I for one dont care which goalie is in net for the other team...

All I can say is I am rooting for Pitt, Detroit and Montreal tonight!!

Thank you Detroit Pitt and Montreal, the "plan" is coming together lol