Ideas for camp (Optimistic side)

Jas0nMacIsaac

Did anyone see this on Huselius' wiki page?

http://en.wikipedia....istian_Huselius

I only bring it up because it involves Tallinder and I hadn't heard about it before.

[edit]

Yeah I remember that, maybe not the best idea to reunite these guys :ninja:

But seriously that issue is a thing in the past and I really think a healthy Huselius would be beneficial to fill in some of the holes on offense.

Edited by Zubie#8

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Sykora HAS to be signed if Lou cant find a good trade. Finding a big body to replace Ponikarovsky would be nice but please no Barch!

Butler Zajac Kovalchuk

Sykora Elias Zubrus

Tedenby Josefson Clarkson

Carter Gionta Bernier

That looks much better with Sykora in the lineup and it will be even better when Adam returns. Zubrus Butler Bernier and Tedenby can all be switched around to find a good fit. We just have to pray that Tedenby will at least be average.

Edited by Zubie#8

Yeah if amnesty buyouts happen, NJ is in a pretty great position to pick someone up. They're also in a very good position to deal a defenseman to a team that needs one to pick up a winger.

I imagine if there is an amnesty, Heatley would be a casualty. Is he any good at all anymore? Even if not, there's a place for him on the roster.

I imagine if there is an amnesty, Heatley would be a casualty. Is he any good at all anymore? Even if not, there's a place for him on the roster.

He's better than re-signing Sykora. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if his temperament kept him from being a Devil though. Lou tries not to add too many poor locker rooms guys to a roster, unless he has a strong leadership core in place. Right now I would say the Devils locker room will be in a bit of flux with Parise gone, for at least awhile.

Depends on where the cap ends up, but I could see the Wild amnestying Cullen and Bouchard instead. I don't really like Heatley but that is the sort of player we'd need. A trade for Martin Havlat wouldn't be that bad either.

Depends on where the cap ends up, but I could see the Wild amnestying Cullen and Bouchard instead. I don't really like Heatley but that is the sort of player we'd need. A trade for Martin Havlat wouldn't be that bad either.

Boyle, Burns, Vlasic, Demers, Stuart, Murray.

Wish we could get Havlat, but they look set on D

Boyle, Burns, Vlasic, Demers, Stuart, Murray.

Wish we could get Havlat, but they look set on D

I don't think we'd trade them a defenseman. They're probably going to end up above the cap and don't have much fat to trim - Havlat could be available for a pick or minor prospect.

The wild are definitely a trade partner. Especially if they keep in that new rule that any player in the minors making more than 1 million dollars counts against your cap. I think that along with the cap going down a few mil would put them over by 7-8 million. Plus they have no defense past suter

It would be silly to just hand a job to Tedenby, Butler and Sestito. There are plenty of players on JR recall list.

No one's saying that. There are free agents, there are trades.

I don't see why not give Matteau a shot at camp, worst case scenario he doesn't make the team and goes back to Junior for the season.

Worst case scenario is he makes the team and the Devils start his clock early for not much value. If you can't find a player better than Matteau is likely to be on the free agent market or on the cheap trade market you're not looking hard enough.

Edited by Triumph

I wouldnt mind a Sykora Elias Arnott reunion just for this year. Our offense needs it.

OMG..just for giggles.

Kovalchuk Zajac Heatley

Elias Arnott Sykora

Zubrus Henrique Clarkson

Carter Josefson Gionta/Bernier/Butler/Tedenby

Edited by Zubie#8