Revitalization Around The Rock

The Rock 07

• 4 weeks later...

Two things....

Hopefully some of the retail on the apartment/retail buildings that are being built next to Red Bull Arena is restaurants/pubs.

Second... PARKING is the problem with Richardson Lofts... it appears they don't have any. I would not even think about getting an apartment there without covered and secure parking.

As far as I understand there was always parking planned for the bsement. Either way there looks to be quite a few new apartments coming on line rather near to the Path so it should be interesting to see how it develops.

If you take a walk around that building (we usually park on Green St down by the building) there is absolutely no space for any parking especially basement parking. There are first floor units and no garage entrance or exit.

Found this on the wirednewyork forum: http://www.boraie.com/rector.html

So I guess this thing is finally getting started in the near future.

Oh and Richardson Lofts will have underground valet parking. Probably have to enter behind the building on the Liberty Street/Route 21 side. I might stop by today(or this week, whenever) to check it out. http://www.bcdcnewark.org/building-and-sites/residentialmixed-use/index.html

Edited by Marv4Life

From the Dino BBQ facebook:

This one will be unlike the others- original mosaic tile floors and tin ceilings- it's looking great!
post-729-0-61044900-1334523938_thumb.jpg post-729-0-33920000-1334523956_thumb.jpg post-729-0-64659900-1334523962_thumb.jpg post-729-0-97441000-1334523977_thumb.jpg post-729-0-99403800-1334523984_thumb.jpg

So they're sticking with the Spring 2012 opening, which means it's still some time away too me. Looking good, but a lot left to be done.

I love the last picture. Every time a bar opens, an angel gets its wings. Or something like that. I just hope the Devils are still playing when this thing finally gets cooking.

From the Dino BBQ facebook: post-729-0-61044900-1334523938_thumb.jpg post-729-0-33920000-1334523956_thumb.jpg post-729-0-64659900-1334523962_thumb.jpg post-729-0-97441000-1334523977_thumb.jpg post-729-0-99403800-1334523984_thumb.jpg

So they're sticking with the Spring 2012 opening, which means it's still some time away too me. Looking good, but a lot left to be done.

I love the last picture. Every time a bar opens, an angel gets its wings. Or something like that. I just hope the Devils are still playing when this thing finally gets cooking.

I can't wait till this place opens !

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing their soft opening on Thursday but they are cheating themselves by not being opened to the general public for a playoff weekend

Mmm, 85,000 people walking right by their locked doors in 5 nights. That can't sit well. Still, it's probably better than rushing open and creating several thousand bad first impressions.

4:30 tomorrow evening is the opening folks.

And they're off!!

Question: Most Newark bars/restaurants seem to me to be convenience places rather than appointment places. By that I mean, if people are already going to be in the area for other things (work, NJPAC, Rock, etc.), then they say, "Sure, I like that Loft47 place. Let's go there." But a person living in, say, West Orange won't go, "Where do you want to go for dinner tonight? I think Edison Ale House in Newark is fun. Wanna do that?" Can Dinosaur BBQ be that kind of place, where people who are going to need food go to Newark specifically so they can eat there?

And they're off!!

Question: Most Newark bars/restaurants seem to me to be convenience places rather than appointment places. By that I mean, if people are already going to be in the area for other things (work, NJPAC, Rock, etc.), then they say, "Sure, I like that Loft47 place. Let's go there." But a person living in, say, West Orange won't go, "Where do you want to go for dinner tonight? I think Edison Ale House in Newark is fun. Wanna do that?" Can Dinosaur BBQ be that kind of place, where people who are going to need food go to Newark specifically so they can eat there?

Well the Ironbound is the exception since people from out of state do go there just to eat/drink. As far as downtown goes, Dino BBQ could be that place since it's been a critically acclaimed chain. Parking might be a problem but there's a lot across the street from the place.

Well the Ironbound is the exception since people from out of state do go there just to eat/drink. As far as downtown goes, Dino BBQ could be that place since it's been a critically acclaimed chain. Parking might be a problem but there's a lot across the street from the place.

And I know EAH has a deal with that lot to allow patrons to park for free, so hopefully Dino BBQ will eventually have the same deal

What time should I get to Dino if I wanted to sit and eat but still get into Pru Center by 7:30 on Monday?

I think that this is pretty hard to predict. There wasn't a line out the door before Saturday's game or anything too crazy like that, but that pregame wasn't really in the sweet spot for dining (11:45 is a bit early for lunch, especially on weekends). This will be the first Devils night game since Dino opened. If you didn't have to wait for a bar seat/table, there's no reason why you couldn't be in and out in 50 minutes to an hour. I guess you should add a guestimate of wait time to that. The meat is all deliciously smoked already, they just need to finish it on the grill. You're making me hungry, Army.