Bruce Boudreau

Blown01NJ

Ovechkin is a much (maybe much is a strong word, but I'll leave it) better player than Kovalchuk. Ovechkin is like a combination (offensively) of Parise and Kovalchuk that is a banger. Yeah, his mind is prone to wandering like Kovalchuk defensively, but offensively he is a force and a half. Sure, he's going to end up like Mike Bossy, but still...

Boudreau is a clown. If Teddy keeps him (and this just has to be BS talk), I got no idea what he's doing.

Ovechkin is a much (maybe much is a strong word, but I'll leave it) better player than Kovalchuk. Ovechkin is like a combination (offensively) of Parise and Kovalchuk that is a banger. Yeah, his mind is prone to wandering like Kovalchuk defensively, but offensively he is a force and a half. Sure, he's going to end up like Mike Bossy, but still...

Boudreau is a clown. If Teddy keeps him (and this just has to be BS talk), I got no idea what he's doing.

Boudreau made the most of a mediocre defensive team with inexperienced goaltending.

Does anyone remember why Boudreau got the Caps job in the first place? Because he turned a sad sack group of players into a contender.

Beside Mike Green-- who played hurt--- do they have on D? Alzner? rookie Carlsson? Erskine?

Washington is NOT a team build for the playoffs, the Cap's are team build for the regular season and gaudy regular season individual scoring. There is no grit, nor leadership.

Boudreau made the most of a mediocre defensive team with inexperienced goaltending.

Does anyone remember why Boudreau got the Caps job in the first place? Because he turned a sad sack group of players into a contender.

Beside Mike Green-- who played hurt--- do they have on D? Alzner? rookie Carlsson? Erskine?

Washington is NOT a team build for the playoffs, the Cap's are team build for the regular season and gaudy regular season individual scoring. There is no grit, nor leadership.

Bullsh!t. BB has no system and never did. Clearly you don't remember their first playoff series w/ Ovechkin where they were running around like chickens w/ their heads cut off and continually got gapped between their defensemen. This is beyond inexcusable. Or even how they went out last year against Montreal. Awful positioning. Funny thing is that they scored with a little time left, so if they hadn't botched up leading to Montreal's second goal, it would have gone to OT.

One of the dinosaur retreads that constantly get bandied about for the Devils job would turn that team around in the playoffs, immediately.

I don't remember the exact quote, but when Arnott showed up, he pretty much said "this is how you guys play?" They are one of the worst coached teams in the league.

:troll1:

Bullsh!t. BB has no system and never did. Clearly you don't remember their first playoff series w/ Ovechkin where they were running around like chickens w/ their heads cut off and continually got gapped between their defensemen. This is beyond inexcusable. Or even how they went out last year against Montreal. Awful positioning. Funny thing is that they scored with a little time left, so if they hadn't botched up leading to Montreal's second goal, it would have gone to OT.

One of the dinosaur retreads that constantly get bandied about for the Devils job would turn that team around in the playoffs, immediately.

I don't remember the exact quote, but when Arnott showed up, he pretty much said "this is how you guys play?" They are one of the worst coached teams in the league.

Again, they aren't a team built for the playoffs.

Again, they aren't a team built for the playoffs.

no such thing. people always say this about a team until it wins in the playoffs, then some minor change they made becomes the reason why they are winning. see also: san jose sharks.

you must've missed that the caps were 4th best in goals against. some of that was luck - their penalty killing was not as good as it played - but they can play defense.

alzner and carlson are both very good and will get better. they have to make some kind of change somewhere, but the caps' future is still bright.

no such thing. people always say this about a team until it wins in the playoffs, then some minor change they made becomes the reason why they are winning. see also: san jose sharks.

you must've missed that the caps were 4th best in goals against. some of that was luck - their penalty killing was not as good as it played - but they can play defense.

alzner and carlson are both very good and will get better. they have to make some kind of change somewhere, but the caps' future is still bright.

LOL You must have missed that the playoffs are not the regular season. The Sharks are an example of a franchise rebuilding for the playoffs, they are a very, very phyiscal team..FINALLY

I have no doubt that the Caps future is still on the upswing, but they have to learn how to win and change their style of play for the post season. This means getting more physical wings and better all around defensemen. This team is not built for the physical game that the playoffs demand.

LOL You must have missed that the playoffs are not the regular season. The Sharks are an example of a franchise rebuilding for the playoffs, they are a very, very phyiscal team..FINALLY

I'd like to see how the Sharks "rebuilt" in a way that made Thornton and Heatley man-up and play like hockey players in the playoffs and a vast majority of the Shark players on offense are home-grown too....

Though if Thornton can grow up and play like a man in the playoffs.... ANY player can (that counts your little Kovy-Hero too)

But I'm sure someone will pull up some drugs tests or unwatchable statistics to say otherwise :P