Plane Crashes carrying Top HK Lokomotiv Team

jagknife

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just horrible, so many familiar faces on that plane. Igor Korolev, Alexander Karpovtsev, Vasicek, Demitra, McCrimmon, Vasyunov, Salei, Skrastins

I can't even think right now. So many gone at once :-(

Edited by '7'

Just horrible, so many familiar faces on that plane. Igor Korolev, Alexander Karpovtsev, Vasicek, Demitra, McCrimmon, Vasyunov, Salei, Skrastins

I can't even think right now. So many gone at once :-(

Where are you reading that Korolev and Karpovtsev were on the plane? I do not see that referenced anyplace.

This is so sad, really makes me sick to my stomach. :(

I work with a few Russian guys and they all say that Russian airlines in general have no money to buy or maintain new planes and are all using Soviet-era planes that are 30-40 years old and barely have maintenance done on them. It's been said before in this thread, but they all tell me that if you have to fly in Russia, do it on an on airline that is not Russian-based.

I work with a few Russian guys and they all say that Russian airlines in general have no money to buy or maintain new planes and are all using Soviet-era planes that are 30-40 years old and barely have maintenance done on them. It's been said before in this thread, but they all tell me that if you have to fly in Russia, do it on an on airline that is not Russian-based.

The plane was reportedly built in 93 and belonged to a small Yak Service company.

There were reports that a member of the flight crew had survived. Can anyone find info on whether or not this is still true?

Agreed. But Russian aircraft are very rugged and built to operate in a pretty rough climate. This aircraft wasn't too old either...according to airframes.org, RA-42434 was built in 1993.

Edited by mmajeski06

The plane was reportedly built in 93 and belonged to a small Yak Service company.

There were reports that a member of the flight crew had survived. Can anyone find info on whether or not this is still true?

This is from the NHL.com article... looks like 1980

According to the reports on the crash, the plane, a Yakovlev Yak-42 passenger jet, went down and caught fire shortly immediately after taking to the air, crashing less than 2 kilometers from the airport.

The short- and medium-range Yak-42 has been in service since 1980. It was en route to Minsk, Belarus for a Thursday night game against Dynamo Minsk, Lokomotiv's opener to the 2011-12 KHL season.