NHL 2011 Draft Lottery

ZeroGravityFat

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just corrected myself, so it was 25% not 16%, correct?

I believe it was 16%. 4 teams could have bumped the Isles down to the 5th spot. Those 4 teams had a combined chance to win the draft lottery of 22.6%. The Devils, with 3.6% chance to win, represented 16% of the 22.6% total for the 4. So the Devils chance of being 4 once the Isles were 5th was 3.6%/22.6% or ~16%.

So who does it look like we will be drafting now?

I'm guessing if Larsson is on the board, he's ours. Its almost a gimme pick. If he's gone, its a tougher guess.

1. Nugent-Hopkins

2. Larsson

3. Landeskog

4. ??? Huberdeau? Murphy? Couturier?

Its going to be a gift if Larsson is there.

I'm guessing if Larsson is on the board, he's ours. Its almost a gimme pick. If he's gone, its a tougher guess.

1. Nugent-Hopkins

2. Larsson

3. Landeskog

Throw Hamilton in there as well. He is very solid.

1. Nugent-Hopkins

2. Larsson

3. Landeskog

It sounded like in Mackenzie's draft survey a few of the scouts didn't even have Murphy in their top 10.

We might not have to trade up.

If the Oil doesn't take him, I think our chances of getting him go to 50%. I dont think Florida will take him as they took Gudbranson last year. Colorado could feasibly take him though, but I think they're more likely to take Landeskog.

If the Oil doesn't take him, I think our chances of getting him go to 50%. I dont think Florida will take him as they took Gudbranson last year. Colorado could feasibly take him though, but I think they're more likely to take Landeskog.

they just traded for Johnson! Don't they need another center?

Just got the news thru TG's twitter. This is such an unreal end to this up and down season.

I will be so psyched this whole summer! 3.6%!!! I immediately move that whoever the Devils draft we put an auto-correct on the forum that adds a (3.6%) after his name a la Єklund (2.3% accurate). :evil:

it may/probably would have change stuff then we wouldnt have won againt the bruins... but imagine if we would have lost and finish 6th... and then win the lottery would have finished 2nd lol crazy but yeah by finishing 6th probably we wouldnt have won it

edit: wow bunch of words were missing up there lol

Edited by SterioDesign

From what I've been reading, a some of the experts are saying that RNH and Landeskog are virtually locked in at 1 and 2. After that, who knows? Maybe Florida passes on him because of Gudbranson, or maybe they take him anyway and go for a stacked D. Tough to try and guess what will happen. The good news is, we will be getting one of the good prospects regardless. RNH seems to be the only one definitely off the board. Landeskog is most likely gone but you never know. We have will have a shot at a lot of good prospects.

This is huge! The hockey Gods were with the Devils tonight! A 3.6% chance and they win! FU Bettman and karma is a bitch. Lou is licking his chops now that the Devils are 4th and not 8th in this years draft. Maybe another Niedermayer they will find in that 4th pick. Anyone of those players mentioned I would be happy to see the Devils get. Larsson or Landeskog would be great but wouldn't mind Murphy or Couturier.

they just traded for Johnson! Don't they need another center?

Sure, but I think Larsson is a possibility for them moreso than Florida. It all depends on what the Oil do. The Oil need a guy like Larsson. There can be a case made for a lot of the various top 5s going different ways.

If Nugent-Hopkins fell to us, I'd take him over anyone in this draft. If he came in and contributed immediately, it would open us up in many ways down the line, creating trade pieces and such. If that kid lives up to billing, we'd be incredibly nasty with him centering Zach or Kovy. RNH is a pipe dream, we're probably not going to be able to get him.

From what I've been reading, a some of the experts are saying that RNH and Landeskog are virtually locked in at 1 and 2. After that, who knows? Maybe Florida passes on him because of Gudbranson, or maybe they take him anyway and go for a stacked D. Tough to try and guess what will happen. The good news is, we will be getting one of the good prospects regardless. RNH seems to be the only one definitely off the board. Landeskog is most likely gone but you never know. We have will have a shot at a lot of good prospects.

Dont discount the Oil taking Larsson until they make their pick. They've gone offense the last 5 years in the first round. I think their our biggest roadblock to Larsson. If that happens, RNH certainly goes second.

Edited by ghdi

Dont discount the Oil taking Larsson until they make their pick. They've gone offense the last 5 years in the first round. I think their our biggest roadblock to Larsson. If that happens, RNH certainly goes second.

Oh I'm not discounting it, and I agree that your reasoning is solid. I'm merely pointing that most of the experts are pretty confident about RNH going 1st. If the Oilers are drafting to their needs then Larsson is a better fit for them. But if RNH is considered the BPA, they might just take him. You can't really have too many crafty forwards. Worst case scenario, they could let some of their talented kids grow a little bit and then make some trades to rearrange the talent if they needed to.

But I agree that if the Oilers do decide not to take RNH first, the hype surrounding him (already, and we're still 2 months from the draft) makes him a virtual lock to go 2nd. I can't imagine him slipping to 4th. But that's okay, we will get somebody good.

Oh I'm not discounting it, and I agree that your reasoning is solid. I'm merely pointing that most of the experts are pretty confident about RNH going 1st. If the Oilers are drafting to their needs then Larsson is a better fit for them. But if RNH is considered the BPA, they might just take him. You can't really have too many crafty forwards. Worst case scenario, they could let some of their talented kids grow a little bit and then make some trades to rearrange the talent if they needed to.

But I agree that if the Oilers do decide not to take RNH first, the hype surrounding him (already, and we're still 2 months from the draft) makes him a virtual lock to go 2nd. I can't imagine him slipping to 4th. But that's okay, we will get somebody good.

Actually, if RNH doesn't go first, I dont necessarily see him going immediately at #2. Stastny and Duchene is pretty solid in the middle. Colorado could go Landeskog for the size on the wing. Florida would have to take him (RNH) you'd think though.

Im trying to come up with logical reasoning for RNH to fall to us. I just cant see it happening realistically.

Edited by ghdi

No matter which way you look at it we have a good chance for a franchise player and a real good chance he will produce for us right away!!!! EF YEAH!!

Can anyone say Rookie of the year!

Now we need a great coach that will teach the kids discipline.

C mon Lou get a coach before the draft and sign Zach!

Edited by Devs1965