NFL Week 12!

CRASHER

It’s Thanksgiving! It’s family….it’s football….it’s ME IN DALLAS, the NFL is getting to the end chase for the playoffs (as the year flies away again…), we get some good games….and I’m already pissing people off in airports down here already, time to have some fun with the football too!!

Thursday Nov. 22:

11:30…oops, 12:30p:

Houston at Detroit:

Boy did I pick a good game to be able to skip out on while driving to Cowboys stadium right?? The Texicans, while a bit sloppy, did manage to pull a win out over awful Jacksonville….and Detroit still tries to shoot itself in the foot until there are no toes left….and it’s another shot for Houston to flex its muscle on national TV….that’s enough reason to pick Houston….and dammit, Arian Foster owes me one from last week……

Winner: Texans

Game Quality: DUD (talk to the family, pretend to care about your relatives just to make sure you’re in the clear for the next one…)

4pm:

Washington at Dallas:

Lots of trends here…..Dumbo is 13-0 at home in November….Dallas is 6-0 vs the Redskins on Thanksgiving and on top of all the stats the Cowboys are a better team then the Redskins now (scary fact, they don’t play like a ‘better team’)….the Skins do have the better player in RG III and he could damn near win this game himself….he has a healthy running game too, the best runner on the Dallas side is gonna be Jason Garrett if I come down from the 400’s and try to Chris Benoit his ass….add in the rivalry, and you’re gonna have a DAMN good game (did I also mention Dallas is 1-0 when I’ve gone)….too many trends and an improving Dallas defense should be too much for the Redskins….

Winner: Dallas

Game Quality: **** (and I’m THERE, what the hell else do you need?

8pm:

Patriots at NY Jets:

This might be a unique one tonight….this might be the first time I possibly watch a Jet game without any bias or outside annoyances…..another perk of being on the road in Dallas!!! The Jets thumped on the Rams last week (which was a pretty big shock)….and the Pats did what they do best….took a big lead on a lesser and “not ready” team….they stomped a mudhole and walked it dry…those poor Colts, this probably won’t happen on NBC tonight….these two teams know and hate each other too much….and in all irony…the John Madden turkey leg award is back tonight for NBC….so yes, the Jets ARE playing “for a fvcking snack”….go figure…it’s still too hard to pick against Darth Hoodie and Emperor Brady here….and the Jets aren’t really talented enough for two in a row in 4 days either….but YOU KNOW…. I’m 1200 miles away and don’t have to deal with it till Sunday…..let’s unleash the UPSET!!!

Winner: J-E-T-S….snack snack snack!!

Game Quality: ***

Sunday Nov 25:

1pm:

Broncos at Chiefs:

Good God there are so many bad teams in the NFL you are just gonna have to live with the fact that the good teams are gonna have a college football level of bum teams to beat on aren’t ya? Well this is one of those games….wonder if Peyton’s gonna spend more time selling sh!t in the commercials rather then dealing with the Chiefs…. I’d say likely….

Winner: Broncos

Game Quality: DUD (the Chiefs suck and they know it….)

Titans at Jacksonville:

Jacksonville kinda gave ya just about all they got last week and still lost in OT to the Texans, and after that they gotta come back and play a beatable Titans team….but I can’t see it…not that the Titans are much better, but they are 4-6….and Chris Johnson is running the ball better now….ah, who am I kidding? I can’t sell this dogpile up….it’s late I’m still hearing that idiot from the plane who was crying she was “held hostage” because they had to fix something on the plane so it DOESN’T CRASH at 30,000 feet…and she was crying for free peanuts and/or free tickets….I wish I had peanuts to throw at her….anyway, by the time we got there I told her where to go anyway…..it amused the hell out of the girl next to her at least :D…this game sucks, you ain’t watching it…hell you probably didn’t read this and just looked below:

Winner: Titans

Game Quality: I’m sniffing some anti-football here!!

Bills at Colts:

Oh Buffalo, it’s bad enough the Patriots pimp-slapped you twice this year, now you get an angry and humbled Colts who took that Brady bitch-slap to the face….somehow they played better then Miami (which I thought unpossible), and pulled out a win to “save the season” (which means stay crappy enough to not get a real draft pick when they are DESPERATE for a real QB, and then Andy Luck can mock them and go HA HA thank God I didn’t go there)….the Bills can run with Spiller, it ain’t enough though….the Colts will feel better about themselves this week and get back on the winning side…this should be a fun game though….

Winner: Colts

Game Quality: ** ¾

Oakland at Cincinnati:

Boy the Bengals have a softer schedule then the Cowboys now don’t they?? If Oakland was even an almost-average team I’d make a big deal about Palmer coming back to play in his old home digs….but there’s nothing there…well aside of the waiver wire phenom in Kyle Reese, the backs are hurt, the TE don’t exist, the receivers suck….and the defense?? HAAAA….this will be painful, but still kinda fun to watch at least….

Winner: Bengals

Game Quality: DUD

Steelers at Browns:

So Big Ben goes down and Bryon Leftwich barely lasts six quarters in replacing him….tells you something about how Bears-like their o-line is (this keeps up and it might be Arizona-bad)….the Browns actually kept it close against the Cowboys and pressured another team with a spotty o-line, got pressure, ran the ball and hung around….and if you look personnel-wise the Cowboys are a little better in talent then the Steelers and Dumbo is WAY better then Batch….the Steelers are ripe to be picked and I’m calling it here (see THIS is the BOLD PREDICTION, Laflamme!!)

Winner: Browns (yes I went there!)

Game Quality: **(can Batch spank it out?)

Vikings at Chicago:

Here we go again…..the Bears are without Jay Cutler and here comes the tailspin again….I don’t think this can be blamed on Jason Campbell….it’s time to give Cutler credit for sticking in there with that HIDEOUS line of his and making big plays and surviving as long as he HAS….we don’t like to give him credit cause he’s a punkass and talks too much sh!t and sulks on the sidelines….time to get back to the players playing in this one….the Vikings had a week off, Adrian Peterson….a good pass rush….and if they can simple it down for Ponder, they’re a better team….the game’s in Chicago, I think that’s a minus for the Bears after what happened last week….those fans gonna be PIST at the first “down goes Campbell” moment….that Viking front four is gonna get to them big time too….

Winner: Vikings

Game Quality: **

Seattle at Miami:

It’s amazing how the Miami and the Jet fans want to get on my case “that I have the power to affect wins and losses for their teams”…seriously guys?? If I had THAT kinda power, Dallas would be 16-0 every year, the Giants and Jets would be 7-9 every year, and Dallas would beat Buffalo 52-17 in every Super Bowl J….anyway, back to this game….again….good to see I still have the attitude even with awesome Mexican food in the belly!! Seattle plays defense, runs the ball, and gets big plays….Miami does none of this and it’s gonna be an ugly game for Tannehill (speaking of…what in the FRAK happened to Reggie Bush this year…it’s like someone gave him AP’s bum knee from last December)….I hope Miami loses by goddamn 50 today to stop this “I hex them nonsense” :P

Winner: Seattle

Game Quality: ** ½ (can you blame me for not buying the Eagles??)

Atlanta at Tampa Bay:

This is a pretty damned intriguing lil football game….Atlanta looks like they’re coming back to Earth after getting whooped by the Saints (good God I’m speaking Texican already) and getting the human bye known as the Cardinals….and still almost losing to them, they can’t run the ball and with no Julio Jones the Falcons were a bit exposed….meanwhile Tampa’s playing like one of those “fluke team that’s playing over its head and crashes down the next season”….oh well…..Atlanta won’t be THAT bad on offense, but Tampa can at least block and run the ball….things Arizona can only dream about….and I just got the feeling this one’s gonna be an “upset”….mostly because I don’t like how Atlanta has played in its last two games….

Winner: Tampa Bay

4pm:

Baltimore at San Diego:

How does a team make it’s overrated injury filled defense look better and delude its fans into fool’s thoughts of glory? Simple, you play the ravaged Steelers and then play Phillip Rivers who’s the NFL’s version of Santa Claus….he gives gifts to everyone disguised as shiny NFL footballs! It would be nice to see the Ravens offense show up on the road this week and maybe this is the perfect storm with how bad and lost the Chargers look (and be fair, it’s time to blow sh!t up in San Diego after this year)….cue up the Hendrix, it’s Purple Haze in So Cal…..

Winner: Ravens

Game Quality: DUD

Rams at Arizona:

Did any two teams playing each other this week look any worse last week?? Arizona is the same old story there….and my dinner bet is inching closer and closer to GLORY….I’d call what happened to the Rams baffling and stunning, but I admit I kept that game to my back and was probably better off like that….maybe just chalk it up to a young team that wasn’t ready…either way, if this team learned its lesson…or just rushes the QB (whoever it is surviving under center for Arizona….) that should be enough to win this game this week…..and I have motivation to root against Arizona!!

Winner: Rams

Game Quality: * ¾

Saints at 49ers:

Now this is a 4pm game!! A throwback to when the NFC West extended across the country, except back then the Saints were the all defense team and we know all about those 49er offenses (if you don’t shame on you, do your damn homework!!)….this is going to be a bigger test for Colin Kapernick, the Saints have a bit of film on him and are an aggressive team, and should be giving the young QB some tougher looks (plus the Saint offense can stay on the field a bit so he won’t be playing an exhausted and de-motivated defense wishing they had a bounty program)…..and the Saints are red-hot, and if they want to finish off this run and make the playoffs it’s gonna get tough for them (Atlanta, Giants, Dallas and Tampa loom on the schedule)….but the 49ers are still the better and more complete team…add in some home field and the Saints playoff dream might get washed away right here…..

Winner: 49ers

8pm:

Packers at NY Giants:

We’ve seen this before….red-hot Packers beating up on everyone, despite the injuries and the non-running game….the Giants come in stumbling and not looking too great, struggling all over….people questioning Eli and a “dead arm”….good Christ you idiots play right into the Giants hands….they LIVE for this sh!t and this us against them crap….and we’re getting annoyingly close to the “flip the switch” time again…..so yeah…you can break it own all you like, this is VINTAGE Giants comeback time…..

Winner: NY Giants (let’s test that “hex”…)

Game Quality: ****

Monday Nov 26:

Carolina at Phily:

Oh sweet God what a glorious sh!tpile this is!!! Neither one of these teams can do anything on either side of the ball, bad defense, fictional running games….and do I even need to mention the QB play?? This is the DEFINITION of anti-football…hell ESPN ain’t even running commercials for it and all they can hope for is Andy Reid getting publically executed on their awful football show….even I can’t give you a good reason to watch this one…..I’m going old school and whipping out the coin flip here…..

Winner: Panthers

Game Quality: ANTI-FOOTBALL!!

NFL Week 11 Top 5’s:

AFC:

1. Houston…back on track…
  2. Denver….if I talk about the 5 in a row can I get some free Papa John’s?
  3. New England….running it up like when I was passing for 5,000 yard with Culter in Madden
  4. Baltimore…..ugly, but victorious….
  5. Colts….yeah they lost, but they ain’t starting Charlie Batch….

NFC:

1. 49ers….tore the Bears apart
  2. Packers….getting hot, and not healthy, that’s scary….
  3. Atlanta…6 turnovers? No problem!! Thanks Arizona!
  4. NY Giants….the bye makes them be forgotten (I’m not buying this swoon crap)
  5. Seattle….solid and you know what you get with them

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"How does a team make it’s overrated injury filled defense look better and delude its fans into fool’s thoughts of glory?"

There are no Ravens's fans that I know of who think this. Most are estatic at 7-2, with a mediocre defense that is simply damaged goods. I give thanks that we have the best GM in football who is able to find quality, character players out from nowhere and have an impact. Would love to limp into a first and second round playoff bye if possible and get our leader back for the deeper rounds of the playoffs.

I think the Jets will win tonight as the D is finally coming around.

If the Jets are gonna win....let it be while I am 1200 miles away.....I'm about a half hour from heading over to the Stadium I gotta admit I'm pretty geeked up about my stay in JerryWorld this afternoon!!

I don't have high hopes of the Jets winning tonight

They'll move the ball on NE...everybody does to some extent. I can see Stephen Hill getting deep on their secondary...he was wide open all day last week. Fat chance Sanchez actually sees him...and if he does, if Hill even catches the ball.

Trufant did a great job on Welker last time...now he's out for the season. Ok so no Gronkowski, they'll just nickle and dime us with some other guy that we can't cover.

I just hope we shore up ST. Enough of the blocked kicks/punts/runbacks

The D is coming around...but coming around to stop Bradford and whatever no names the Rams are fielding and coming around to stop the NE offensive machine are two different stories completely.

Edited by '7'

"How does a team make it’s overrated injury filled defense look better and delude its fans into fool’s thoughts of glory?"

There are no Ravens's fans that I know of who think this. Most are estatic at 7-2, with a mediocre defense that is simply damaged goods. I give thanks that we have the best GM in football who is able to find quality, character players out from nowhere and have an impact. Would love to limp into a first and second round playoff bye if possible and get our leader back for the deeper rounds of the playoffs.

I think the Jets will win tonight as the D is finally coming around.

So much for that, though I was definitely concerned about this game going in.

The Detroit/Houston game was maddening...these friggin' coaches puss out so damned much...Detroit basically decided to play for a 45-yard or so field goal, instead of trying to get closer. 40+ yard field goals aren't as hard to make as they once were, but they're not automatics either. Yet another coach who played not to lose, and did.

So much for that, though I was definitely concerned about this game going in.

The Detroit/Houston game was maddening...these friggin' coaches puss out so damned much...Detroit basically decided to play for a 45-yard or so field goal, instead of trying to get closer. 40+ yard field goals aren't as hard to make as they once were, but they're not automatics either. Yet another coach who played not to lose, and did.

Concerned? Come on now. The Jets-Pats always play to one close game and one Patriots blowout. I thought this was going to be an epic blowout. It was, but it didn't feel like New England totally dominated either.

As for the afternoon game. Schwartz had a brutal game no doubt. I don't think you can kick it on 3rd down from the 30. It was so obvious they were running too. They should have ran a safe pass play like the Texans did once they got to the 30 with the PA rollout to the flat. Really tough loss for the Lions because they were the better team. They'll be the ones that force a much needed rule change this off-season though.

Concerned? Come on now. The Jets-Pats always play to one close game and one Patriots blowout. I thought this was going to be an epic blowout. It was, but it didn't feel like New England totally dominated either.

I thought it was a pretty dominant game all-around, but had those back-to-back turnover TDs not happened, think it could have been a different game...I don't think the Jets would've won the game, the way it had evolved before the turnovers, but once it was 28-0, they basically put themselves into a position where the Pats didn't have to worry about their weaknesses on defense anymore...even the Pats' D isn't coughing up a 4-possession lead, and to that point, the Pats' offense had scored 14 points...no way the Patriots weren't finishing with less than 40 points. These days, it seems like the Patriots are a lock to score 30+ with their offense alone...once their special teams and defense start scoring too, it gets ugly in a hurry.

Their truly big tests still lay ahead: the Texans (Pats HAVE to beat them to have any chance of a bye week) and the 49ers. Even if they win their other four games in blowout fashion but lose to the Texans and 49ers, and finish 11-5 with what will likely be the best point differential in the league, they will be 100% pretenders in my book.

I think that is the case every year no matter what any record shows. The Packers finished 15-1 last year, but the Chiefs showed how vulnerable they were with a brutal offensive line. They provided the blue print for the Giants. All about who peaks at the right time.

All it really has to do with is the fact that there are so few games and the playoffs are single elimination. If that were a hockey season, things would be very strange indeed.

4th and 29 and San Diego can't stop them on that play. Norv's gotta go.

He's been lousy for years...amazing he's survived this long.

Rivers is about due to turn the ball over any minute...

8pm:

Patriots at NY Jets:

This might be a unique one tonight….this might be the first time I possibly watch a Jet game without any bias or outside annoyances…..another perk of being on the road in Dallas!!! The Jets thumped on the Rams last week (which was a pretty big shock)….and the Pats did what they do best….took a big lead on a lesser and “not ready” team….they stomped a mudhole and walked it dry…those poor Colts, this probably won’t happen on NBC tonight….these two teams know and hate each other too much….and in all irony…the John Madden turkey leg award is back tonight for NBC….so yes, the Jets ARE playing “for a fvcking snack”….go figure…it’s still too hard to pick against Darth Hoodie and Emperor Brady here….and the Jets aren’t really talented enough for two in a row in 4 days either….but YOU KNOW…. I’m 1200 miles away and don’t have to deal with it till Sunday…..let’s unleash the UPSET!!!

Winner: J-E-T-S….snack snack snack!!

Seattle at Miami:

It’s amazing how the Miami and the Jet fans want to get on my case “that I have the power to affect wins and losses for their teams”…seriously guys?? If I had THAT kinda power, Dallas would be 16-0 every year, the Giants and Jets would be 7-9 every year, and Dallas would beat Buffalo 52-17 in every Super Bowl J….anyway, back to this game….again….good to see I still have the attitude even with awesome Mexican food in the belly!! Seattle plays defense, runs the ball, and gets big plays….Miami does none of this and it’s gonna be an ugly game for Tannehill (speaking of…what in the FRAK happened to Reggie Bush this year…it’s like someone gave him AP’s bum knee from last December)….I hope Miami loses by goddamn 50 today to stop this “I hex them nonsense” :P

Winner: Seattle

Game Quality: ** ½ (can you blame me for not buying the Eagles??)

Bueller? Bueller?

Looking at the replay. Rice looked to be down a bit short of the marker. They got a generous spot

I thought so too, but Heaven forbid San Diego finds a way to stop Baltimore on one of these 3rd-and-longs...not that 3rd-and-longs are as big a deal as they once were.

Another soon-to-be fugly win for Baltimore, but they've been getting those all season...what matters is the W-L record. They'll be 9-2.

4th and 29? Roflmfao. See ya Norv.

They should fire him after the game. Their season is toast anyway. That truly is amazing...a 4th-and-29, and the play was a dump where you hope for the best. Just terrible on the part of the Chargers.

Bueller? Bueller?

My pics I simply make to piss you guys off should NOT be taken as gospel :P

God help me I DO need to really really pick the Jets next week for my dinner bet about the Cardinals....this is gonna be a disaster......

PS, only Manta could brag about that win....he should be giving Norv Oral Treats for that unthinkable GIFT......

Edited by CRASHER

They should fire him after the game. Their season is toast anyway. That truly is amazing...a 4th-and-29, and the play was a dump where you hope for the best. Just terrible on the part of the Chargers.

. I see a 'forced resignation' press conference coming. I know how Charger fans feel. Norv is to them what Wannschmuck was to us. We blamed Wannschmuck when it rained lol. Never have I wanted a coach of one of my teams fired so badly as I did Wannschmuck, and that's the stage I'd imagine Charger fans are at now.

My pics I simply make to piss you guys off should NOT be taken as gospel :P

God help me I DO need to really really pick the Jets next week for my dinner bet about the Cardinals....this is gonna be a disaster......

PS, only Manta could brag about that win....he should be giving Norv Oral Treats for that unthinkable GIFT......

In fairness, though Manta has a way of blowing up the Ravens, he's not doing it this week...all he said was "9-2 it is, bring on the Steelers." Who wouldn't take a fugly win?

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

. I see a 'forced resignation' press conference coming. I know how Charger fans feel. Norv is to them what Wannschmuck was to us. We blamed Wannschmuck when it rained lol. Never have I wanted a coach of one of my teams fired so badly as I did Wannschmuck, and that's the stage I'd imagine Charger fans are at now.

That conference should come tomorrow as far as I'm concerned. I don't see what the point of keeping him around is at this point. Still stunned at how long he's been there.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

In fairness, though Manta has a way of blowing up the Ravens, he's not doing it this week...all he said was "9-2 it is, bring on the Steelers." Who wouldn't take a fugly win?

and.....I.....QUOTE:

"UNBEATABLE 9-2"

this team is VERY beatable.....like I said....delusional.....there are weeks you take the win and get the FRAK outta town quietly....this is the definition of this :P