All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

I have a red XL jersey from that era (not a new remake) that I would be willing to sell. I'm not 100% sure that the customization would fit properly since the stripes are pretty high up. From eyeballing it, it looks like it could but I'm not sure. That's not the reason I'm selling it though, it's an air-knit jersey and I decided I'd rather have an ultrafil (replicas were made in both styles at the same time back then). Let me know!

If ypu can PM me a pic of the jersey and an asking price, we can go from there. Thanks.

Mike

Rob,

PM sent your way.

Mike

Damn, almost $400 when its said and done?

Thats crazy.

Yea I've been tossing around the idea of getting a Kovalchuk jersey when I have enough disposable income, but that price combined with the fact that everything else out there (replicas, knockoffs) is awful quality or look bad compared to the authentics is why I won't buy an Edge jersey and hope they go back to something closer to the old 6100s. There are alternatives to this dilemma out there - I could get a Kovalchuk Thrashers pre-Edge jersey pretty cheap on ebay (the old replicas were pretty good quality), or a Kovalchuk Russia jersey which is different, or a Kovalchuk Ak Bars Kazan jersey, which is even more unique.

Yea I've been tossing around the idea of getting a Kovalchuk jersey when I have enough disposable income, but that price combined with the fact that everything else out there (replicas, knockoffs) is awful quality or look bad compared to the authentics is why I won't buy an Edge jersey and hope they go back to something closer to the old 6100s. There are alternatives to this dilemma out there - I could get a Kovalchuk Thrashers pre-Edge jersey pretty cheap on ebay (the old replicas were pretty good quality), or a Kovalchuk Russia jersey which is different, or a Kovalchuk Ak Bars Kazan jersey, which is even more unique.

Personally, I wouldnt get a Thrashers jersey. In another season, there will be Brodeur, Parise, and Kovalchuk jerseys all over the arena. A Russian jersey would be different and would stand out as would an Ak jersey. I have thought about getting one as well.

I hate having the same jersey that everyone else has. I try to get a new jersey every season. The lack of Elias jerseys still amazes me to this day.

Personally, I wouldnt get a Thrashers jersey. In another season, there will be Brodeur, Parise, and Kovalchuk jerseys all over the arena. A Russian jersey would be different and would stand out as would an Ak jersey. I have thought about getting one as well.

I hate having the same jersey that everyone else has. I try to get a new jersey every season. The lack of Elias jerseys still amazes me to this day.

Yea I don't think I'm getting a Thrashers jersey. I actually used to have one that my mom got me for my birthday a while back, but I sold it on ebay. It was the original blue one they had when they first started, I thought it was a cool jersey but at the time I didn't wear it much because I didn't care for the Thrashers really. I think I'll go with the Ak Bars jersey but not 100% sure yet. Gonna be a little while before I can afford it though.

I have 5 authentic jerseys.

• Red Gionta (Edge 1.0)
  • White Parise (Edge 1.0)
  • White Kovalchuk (Edge 1.0)
  • Throwback Parise (Edge 1.0)
  • Red Brodeur (CCM Ultrafil)

I also have 3 replicas.

• Red Old School Claude Lemieux
  • White Old School Stephane Richer
  • CCM Elias Throwback

Ugh, Rivercitysports.com has a bunch of authentics for 150, but no Devs.

Edit: Anyone know anything about this site?

http://www.hockeyoutlet.com/HOprodinfo.php?category=RBKNHLAuthenticJersey&manufacturer=Reebok&productSKU=RBKAuthJrsyNJDRd&producttitle=Reebok Edge Pro Authentic NHL Hockey Jersey Senior - NEW JERSEY DEVILS RED&product=Reebok Edge Pro Authentic NHL Hockey Jersey Senior - NEW JERSEY DEVILS RED&help=SIZING#1

The pictures show the tag on the front that the Premier Jerseys have, so I dont know if these are actually authentic. If they are though, $200.

Are these the same jerseys current players are wearing? I dont know the difference with 1.0/2.0 etc.

Edited by Blown01NJ

Ugh, Rivercitysports.com has a bunch of authentics for 150, but no Devs.

Edit: Anyone know anything about this site?

http://www.hockeyoutlet.com/HOprodinfo.php?category=RBKNHLAuthenticJersey&manufacturer=Reebok&productSKU=RBKAuthJrsyNJDRd&producttitle=Reebok Edge Pro Authentic NHL Hockey Jersey Senior - NEW JERSEY DEVILS RED&product=Reebok Edge Pro Authentic NHL Hockey Jersey Senior - NEW JERSEY DEVILS RED&help=SIZING#1

The pictures show the tag on the front that the Premier Jerseys have, so I dont know if these are actually authentic. If they are though, $200.

Are these the same jerseys current players are wearing? I dont know the difference with 1.0/2.0 etc.

I can't tell you if that site will sell an official authentic for $199. I do know there are sites out there where you can find cheap authentics. Where exactly, I don't know.

The difference between 1.0 and 2.0 is basically that the 2.0 uses the air-knit material that the old CCM jerseys had. That's the most standout difference.

That site says they are authencic :noclue:

I dont know how reliable they are, but river city sports has them for 150, so it doesnt seem unrealistic.

River City Sports is legit and that Hockey Oulet site seems good too, I was referring to the sites Korean Kid was referring to that sell "cheap authentics."

Seems that NHLstore.com has the throwbacks in my size now and my buddy is ordering one for my birthday present.

Now, the lettering. A friend over on the spawn forum suggests Dorholt, but I remember them as having the real bad Devils Knockoff. Anyone ever use them for just lettering? They also have the 75th anniversery patch and Devils 10th anniversery patch, which is why I am considering them. That way, I can get the patch work done at the same place.

Another guy on Spawn claims he got his Kovi lettering done with NHLshop and claims they are swen on and look great.

Needless to say, I am conflicted over what to do.

Mike

Seems that NHLstore.com has the throwbacks in my size now and my buddy is ordering one for my birthday present.

Now, the lettering. A friend over on the spawn forum suggests Dorholt, but I remember them as having the real bad Devils Knockoff. Anyone ever use them for just lettering? They also have the 75th anniversery patch and Devils 10th anniversery patch, which is why I am considering them. That way, I can get the patch work done at the same place.

Another guy on Spawn claims he got his Kovi lettering done with NHLshop and claims they are swen on and look great.

Needless to say, I am conflicted over what to do.

Mike

Dorholt is ok, but again it is basically someone who is doing this what seems to be as a hobby to make some money off of it and so you will have to overlook some faults.

I am not sure about the claims that NHLshop.com does sewn-on lettering, but could be the case for the throwbacks. I do not see on the site how they apply the lettering, but beware as they might heat-press it on like they do with the replica current jerseys. Has anyone here ordered from NHLshop.com the throwback replicas and got them customized? Is the font correct and are they sewn on?

Thanks. I'm gonna stick with Exclusive Pro and just get the patches off ebay.

Mike

That's what I would do, just two things to keep in mind:

(1) The patches on ebay are technically knockoffs since they aren't officially licensed, I don't know how anti-knockoff you are but for some people that makes a difference. On the other hand, I don't think you can even get an officially licensed version of those patches so for some anti-knockoff people, this is an exception where it is okay.

(2) I'm not sure if Exclusive Pro uses the current font or one of the older fonts on those jerseys so you might want to call and confirm. If you are getting an older player put on that jersey, it would be helpful to include a picture of what you want. They normally do a great job, but I figure better safe than sorry, although they will fix it for free if you need them to.

I'm just planning on getting Brodeur #29 on it. I'm not a huge fan of knockoffs, but I do agree with you that in the case of the patches it would be fine. I will definately make a call to them before I do business with them. Problem is, I have been scouring the internet looking for refrence photos from that year and have not found a one. Anyplace I should be looking?

This is too big for me, but I figured I'd post it incase anyone else wanted to check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWOT-VINTAGE-XMAS-COLORS-WHITE-HOME-BRODEUR-29-XXL-/260749024459?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cb5da5ccb

Mike

I'm just planning on getting Brodeur #29 on it. I'm not a huge fan of knockoffs, but I do agree with you that in the case of the patches it would be fine. I will definately make a call to them before I do business with them. Problem is, I have been scouring the internet looking for refrence photos from that year and have not found a one. Anyplace I should be looking?

This is too big for me, but I figured I'd post it incase anyone else wanted to check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NWOT-VINTAGE-XMAS-COLORS-WHITE-HOME-BRODEUR-29-XXL-/260749024459?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cb5da5ccb

Mike

That's not a authentic jersey either, that is a reproduction I guess you can call it. K1 never made devils jerseys

Edited by estreetcrew3

Hate to shift gears here, but is Meigray holding another jersey expo in the area again this year? I went last year and while I could not really afford anything good, I could possibly get a good find this year. Plus the grab bag is pretty worth it (a free authentic jersey but cannot choose the team).

Hate to shift gears here, but is Meigray holding another jersey expo in the area again this year? I went last year and while I could not really afford anything good, I could possibly get a good find this year. Plus the grab bag is pretty worth it (a free authentic jersey but cannot choose the team).

Yeah. Sat., July 16th.

Link

They had some good deals 2 years ago out back of the building. Blank authentics from 05-06/06-07 for pretty cheap.

Edited by mac760

Does the $55 at Exclusive Pro include the numbers/name or is that just the fee for the labor?

Nah that's the whole cost, the only other thing you pay is shipping. The $55 is a rough estimate, depending on the jersey it can be anywhere between $45 and $65. I don't remember but I'm guessing Devils jerseys are probably around $55 because the font isn't that intricate but is two layers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.