World Cup of Hockey

MadDog2020

*sigh*.... Thorne, Clement and Melrose??? OH BOY.....this went from must-watch to "now I gotta go to the bar and see it so I can put the damn thing on mute and not listen to these idiots make my ears bleed" :doh1:

I'd rather have the damn thing on MTV :P

I understand the melrose hate but really Thorne? I miss his hockey PBP. I grew up on him and Doc...IMO two of the best. Edited by dmann422

I understand the melrose hate but really Thorne? I miss his hockey PBP. I grew up on him and Doc...IMO two of the best.

He was.....until ESPN was bought out by Disney....at that point ALL their play by play guys went in the sh!t....go back and listen to how horrible (and pro-Ducks) the ESPN clowns were in 2003....hell they're probably still licking Ray Bourque's nuts from 2001 too....they're actually painful to listen too....

"Sergei Bree-land from Oleg Tver-DOOR-sky...." it's barely 8am and I feel like I need a drink after that :P

It's not just Kopitar. It's Marian Hossa, Zdeno Chara, Tomas Tatar, Nino Niederreiter, Mark Streit, Mats Zuccarello, and the players I can't think of who are from other countries. I mean, this team should be able to compete with Finland and the Czech Republic.

Oh no, an international tournament without tomas tatar and mark streit. I'd rather see Canada team D

I'm surprised Switzerland is still not really getting a lot of respect at this level. I understand they're not a traditional hockey power, but I'm not so sure the Czechs are running them off the ice nine times out of ten. I think the quality is pretty similar there.

Oh no, an international tournament without tomas tatar and mark streit. I'd rather see Canada team D

I'm surprised Switzerland is still not really getting a lot of respect at this level. I understand they're not a traditional hockey power, but I'm not so sure the Czechs are running them off the ice nine times out of ten. I think the quality is pretty similar there.

Because Switzerland isn't very good?  Is there even one Swiss center in the NHL?  Oh - they can compete - by playing miserable trap hockey and hoping that the D for the other team falls asleep at some point - but on a talent basis?  Absolutely not.

Tomas Tatar is currently 10th in the NHL in goals but keep talking up Switzerland as competitive.

I hope I am not alone in saying that I have zero interest in the World Cup of Hockey.  Any sort of interest I might have had has been zapped with the inclusion of that stupid, gimmicky idea of the U-23 and Rest of the World teams.

I'm with you on this.  I will probably watch a little bit of the games the US are involved in, but have 0 interest outside of my own patriotism.