Bamboozled by the Devils?

DevsMan84

As many of you know, I have plenty of bones to pick with how the Devils operate and conduct their business in regards to fan relations.

However, this article is just absurd and I am taking the Devils side on this. For those who don't know, Bamboozled is nj.com's version of "7 on your side."

http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2013/01/devils_try_to_easy_labor_pains.html#incart_river_default

Not done reading but had to pause and laugh out loud at this line:

"Vinicombe had also voiced concerns about the physical shape of the players given the lack of games."

Wow! He complains that the players and owners are greedy, yet this jerk feels so entitled as to tell Lou that he's concerned Lou's players won't be physically ready to play at the top level he expects. Geez, as a fan you go and watch the game. It's not your job to tell the GM you don't think his players will be ready for level of play you expect.

"Vinicombe had also voiced concerns about the physical shape of the players given the lack of games."

Wow! He complains that the players and owners are greedy, yet this jerk feels so entitled as to tell Lou that he's concerned Lou's players won't be physically ready to play at the top level he expects. Geez, as a fan you go and watch the game. It's not your job to tell the GM you don't think his players will be ready for level of play you expect.

But...Kovy DID miss the start of camp, lazy fat bastard he is! :whistling:

Nice job by Lou to personally reach out. What other GM would do that?

Always a classy move by Lou, gotta love the best GM in sports!

That's one of many sentences in the article that just makes it so absurd. He is complaining for the sake of complaining.

I can appreciate the fan's anger over the lockout, but everyone who renewed their season tickets (or purchased new plans in the summer) knew, or should have known, that a lockout was highly likely, regardless of how utterly stupid it was. Everyone also knows that almost all professional sports teams have a strict no refund policy for tickets/plans purchased. At least the fan was appeased at the end, although he didn't get what he wanted.

Props to the Devils, and Lou in particular. The guy is such a class act.

I get the frustration on the part of the fan, but he was just grasping at straws with his reasons for trying to back out of this season. Good on the Devils for the way they handled this. I mean, imagine getting a call from Lou and being told that he'll announce a long-term signing for a major player later that day? That's insane! From the man with the tightest lips on the planet, he personally calls you and gives you the scoop? That's fvcking awesome! Then you get to hang in the owner's box and bend VBK's ear? This guy pretty much bitched his way into every fan's dream scenarios.

While it is true that a contract is a contract, sometimes things come up that can leave a bad taste in the customer's mouth. And the really good companies are the ones that take those things into consideration when dealling with the people.

I think the guy was right to feel the way he did.

But full credit to the team -- and especially Lou -- for addressing the matter.

From an outsider's perspective -- meaning a nonseason ticket holder's view -- I gotta say that the team really seems to be taking great effort to satisfy its season ticket holders this time around. I don't know if that's because of the lockout, but it sure seems like it.

But as for the average fan, so far it seems like the team has offered up nothing in terms of brining the fans back.

I get the frustration on the part of the fan, but he was just grasping at straws with his reasons for trying to back out of this season. Good on the Devils for the way they handled this. I mean, imagine getting a call from Lou and being told that he'll announce a long-term signing for a major player later that day? That's insane! From the man with the tightest lips on the planet, he personally calls you and gives you the scoop? That's fvcking awesome! Then you get to hang in the owner's box and bend VBK's ear? This guy pretty much bitched his way into every fan's dream scenarios.

Honestly if it wasn't for bamboozled he wouldn't have gotten close to Lou at all.

Hell when I asked about what happened to the Equipment sale last year at Friday's game, I was told to STFU and GTFO but not before being slapped across the face with a magnetic schedule for asking such a dumb question.

• Like 1

Honestly if it wasn't for bamboozled he wouldn't have gotten close to Lou at all.

Hell when I asked about what happened to the Equipment sale last year at Friday's game, I was told to STFU and GTFO but not before being slapped across the face with a magnetic schedule for asking such a dumb question.

You're probably right, and :lol: for that epic scene you just described. I mean, it sucks, but :lol: nonetheless. Perfectly painted picture.

What a waste of time. That woman that wrote the article should be banned from being a journalist. She took the easy way with this one. Everybody knew a lockout was coming this year, long ago we all knew it. This guy paid, up-front, for his tix, knowing the season was likely to be shortened, if not cancelled. Stupid move on his part because the fine print covers it all. If he chose the monthly payment plan, he'd have spent nothing until now, but because he wanted to pay up-front, he wants to complain now. Well, too bad for you. This was just plain lazy journalism. I bet she couldn't find anyone who was really bamboozled, so hey, I bet I could write an attack on the Devils based on a situation out of their control.

• Like 1

What a waste of time. That woman that wrote the article should be banned from being a journalist. She took the easy way with this one. Everybody knew a lockout was coming this year, long ago we all knew it. This guy paid, up-front, for his tix, knowing the season was likely to be shortened, if not cancelled. Stupid move on his part because the fine print covers it all. If he chose the monthly payment plan, he'd have spent nothing until now, but because he wanted to pay up-front, he wants to complain now. Well, too bad for you. This was just plain lazy journalism. I bet she couldn't find anyone who was really bamboozled, so hey, I bet I could write an attack on the Devils based on a situation out of their control.

The journalist did say she is a Rags fan in the very last sentence.

Figures.

There wasn't even any fine print from what I can tell. All options were described very clearly it seems.

The tone of the entire article is so negative, and then she goes on to say she's on the Devils' side. They should have never written the article if they were on the Devils side, the whole of the article (until the last few paragraphs) just sounds like brand defamation.

I wonder if the Devils main plan coming off the lockout is just to milk the season ticket holders and package holders for all they are worth, enticing them with deals and specials to keep buying more tickets.

I just think that this team gained a lot of momentum with ST sales over the past few years and didn't want to let that pass. They finally have realized how important STH's are to the success of the franchise, and are making a lot of strides to keep us happy so we continue to renew year after year. I have to applaude them for that.

I don't get how someone can read that and think it's an attack on the Devils. Right from the headline, its focus is on how a fan felt disgruntled despite not technically being wronged in any way, and how the team went above and beyond in a very personal way to try to make good. If anything, this is a Devils fluff piece. Written by a Rangers fan to boot.