Zach Parise (WCHA) - 37 games, 23 goals, 32 assists, 55 points

Adam Henrique (OHL) - 77 games, 62 goals, 48 assists, 110 points

Zach Parise (WJC) - 6 games, 5 goals, 6 assists, 11 points, MVP

Adam Henrique (WJC) - 6 games, 1 goal, 0 assists, 1 points, Extra Forward

Age 20 :

Zach Parise (AHL) - 73 games, 18 goals, 40 assists, 58 points

Adam Henrique (AHL) - 73 games, 25 goals, 25 asists, 50 points

Age 21 :

Zach Parise (NHL) - 81 games, 14 goals, 18 assists, 32 points, 133 shots, 10:40 ES, 2:25 PP, 0:01 SH

Adam Henrique (NHL) - 48 games, 14 goals, 23 assists, 37 points, 97 shots, 14:36 ES, 1:59 PP, 1:41 SH

These two are more comparable as prospects then one might think. Parise is a little faster while Henrique has a better shot.

Triumph once referenced Tedenby as Parise insurance. I believe Henrique will be the one filling that role if Parise leaves.

actually, i think it was me who said tedenby was parise insurance but i 100% agree with you that henrique has made me much less worried if parise should go. they are similar players although i think parise has the higher "motor" if that makes sense.

It's a good comparison. I've been keeping track of Henrique since the minors and he has all the tools necessary. Although, I think Henrique has a little more raw skill than Parise, while Parise is much better along the boards. Maybe if Henrique bulks up a bit, he'll develop in that area as well. Either way, it's a nice thing to have, especially if Parise stays.

actually, i think it was me who said tedenby was parise insurance but i 100% agree with you that henrique has made me much less worried if parise should go. they are similar players although i think parise has the higher "motor" if that makes sense.

I believe the two of you may have said it. I am not worried in the least bit as well. The difference between Parise and Henrique this season and Henrique and Zajac next season is much less then most would think. The only problem is predicting Elias's decline.

I had been saying that it seems like Henrique is learning to play in the NHL from Parise. They are close in size, speed, stick handling... and it seems as Henrique is learning to play a high intensity style that is hard to play against for other teams. They are very similar players. Very interesting how Henrique flew under the radar and no other team really thought highly enough to draft him.

I would hope Henrique is Elias' replacement and Parise won't need a replacement.

What was Parise's ice time in his first year as opposed to Henrique's? My guess is that Parise's is significantly less. Also, Henrique's numbers are bigger based on extensive powerplay ice time and playing on the same line as Kovy and Parise.

I think Henrique is a good player and will be a very good player in the next year or so. He just won't be nearly as good as Parise I can't imagine Henrique ever putting up 48 goals in a season and I don't believe he'll turn out to be a consistent 35+ goal scorer, especially when he might not consistently be on the same line as more dynamic players such as Kovy.

What was Parise's ice time in his first year as opposed to Henrique's? My guess is that Parise's is significantly less. Also, Henrique's numbers are bigger based on extensive powerplay ice time and playing on the same line as Kovy and Parise.

I think Henrique is a good player and will be a very good player in the next year or so. He just won't be nearly as good as Parise I can't imagine Henrique ever putting up 48 goals in a season and I don't believe he'll turn out to be a consistent 35+ goal scorer, especially when he might not consistently be on the same line as more dynamic players such as Kovy.

Parise got half a minute more PP icetime per game over Henrique while 4 minutes less even strength. While people can say Henrique is getting these minutes, he has earned them over other key forwards. DeBoer could have easily gave Zubrus the bigger minutes.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Henrique is Parise's apprentice. I dont think there is any other player in the NHL that Henrique can benefit from playing with then Parise. Its also a good time now with Parise being the captain. he himself has turned the heat on this season. Just look at his forechecking.

Parise got big minutes in the first half of his firs year before bottoming out to 4th line duty. In my opinion Henrique has been the superior rookie, but so was Zajac in his first season and yet suffered from a sophomore slump which Parise did not.

Zajac has no explosiveness to his game, something Parise and Henrique certainly have with Parise being the better of the two.

Triumph, was Parise's boardwork better then Henrique's as a 21 year old? I remember Parise being overwhelmed for a good portion of his rookie year to to the oppositions strength. Henrique will never have the motor or quickness that Parise has but I certainly believe he has 1st line potential.

I won't get into sabremetrics and their situations too much because it really is hard to predict as a rookie.

Parise got big minutes in the first half of his firs year before bottoming out to 4th line duty. In my opinion Henrique has been the superior rookie, but so was Zajac in his first season and yet suffered from a sophomore slump which Parise did not.

Parise really had nowhere to go but up from his rookie year. His first three quarters of that season were tough...he really didn't find himself until the last 20 games or so that year. He really looked overwhelmed to the point where I wondered whether or not he should be back in the 'A'.

Parise really had nowhere to go but up from his rookie year. His first three quarters of that season were tough...he really didn't find himself until the last 20 games or so that year. He really looked overwhelmed to the point where I wondered whether or not he should be back in the 'A'.

He scored that massive goal in Carolina game 2 unfortunately Lukowich fvcked up in front of the net.

Do you see Parise doing that again, though? That was an amazing year, but a crappy team on which Zach and Patty pretty much had to play offense by themselves (Langs had a career year, but he's not exactly a superstar). On this balanced team, Zach won't put up those kind of numbers, and I'm not sure that Henrique wouldn't be able to in a couple years if put into a similar situation. Either way, if Henrique comes close to replicating Zach's productivity, we'll survive losing Zach or be scary good (at forward) keeping him.

Do you see Parise doing that again, though? That was an amazing year, but a crappy team on which Zach and Patty pretty much had to play offense by themselves (Langs had a career year, but he's not exactly a superstar). On this balanced team, Zach won't put up those kind of numbers, and I'm not sure that Henrique wouldn't be able to in a couple years if put into a similar situation. Either way, if Henrique comes close to replicating Zach's productivity, we'll survive losing Zach or be scary good (at forward) keeping him.

Maybe not 48, but I could see him hitting 40 again, maybe not much more, but I can imagine Parise next year getting something like 35-42 goals. I think he took a small step back after losing all of last year, he's scored far less deflection goals and goals via dekes than he had in the past two full seasons he played or at least in my eyes he has. I think he's found his game more in the 2nd half and if he can play a bit better next year, he could def hit 35-40 goals, maybe even a couple more.

A comparison that I would like to shine light upon is comparing Larsson to himself... his first full year in the SEL to his first NHL season.

09-10 Skelleftea GP:49 G:4 A:13 Pts:17 PIM:18 +/-:-7

11-12 NJ GP:48 G:2 A:14 Pts:16 PIM:18 +/-:-6

Almost match perfectly... If Larss plays one more game and registers a point and a minus(not that it's good), these numbers would be exactly the same. And this is Larsson transitioning to the N.A. game... maybe he benefits more from the smaller surface? I mean his speed doesn't blow you away.

Cheers to a positive transition year Adam... now get healthy!

Edited by Jerseydevils0324

• 3 months later...

Bump inspired by a post today. Who has been better in their careers through 21. Who will be better moving forward.

It's just too early to tell. Kevin Todd (top ten ugliest hockey players of all-time) had 63 points in his rookie year. Granted though, he was a year or two older than Henrique was in his rookie year.