GDT - 12/23/10 - NYI@NJD

Devs4LordStanley

I'm not an alias of anyone...

im not francis or affiliated with anyone on this site, im just some loser from mahwah who watches devils games a lot with his girlfriend on the new big screen tv she just bought me. then she made me switch to verizon and i now get them in no high def which really pisses me off cause i was like "if we have to switch to verizon, make SURE the devil games will be high def, this is why we got the stupid tv".

Off topic, i was outside having a smoke and saw a Devils season greeting s and Langenbrunner was talking. He was all sweaty and seemed confused but i couldnt hear what he was saying. this lead me to two questions, whatwas he saying and why isnt Kovy ever sweaty after a game or period?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah tonight sucks, if you give lemaire a few games to put his system back into place and get them believing they can score instead of being patted on the head and told they're perfect like Maclean did, they will turn it around.

sunday will be different

Turn it around like last year turn it around?

if i was the coach, id be like "if you guys suck, at least get in fights". two fights tonight, looking up. devils apparently now are #30 in the league. amazing. Im still optimistic though, Lemaire only had an hour with the team or so. Maybe he gets through to him or something.

I'm sorry but 4 goals in a period and a half to the Thrashers and 5 goals to the Caps is some pretty bad performances by Marty. Tonight is just a continuation.

Hedberg needs to be played against the Leafs and Rangers.

Pretty bad performances? So the teams awful play against the Caps and Atlanta means nothing? They were so bad in those games.

Look, the Devils were dreadful in tonight's first period but they brought it for the rest of the game and were let down by the goaltending. It's pretty safe to say that, but it's a two way street. The Devils were especially awful in Atlanta. They played like sh!t that game even when Hedberg took over.

I have no problem with Hedberg getting some action tbh. What you watched tonight with Marty is not so much a loss of skill as it is a loss of confidence. He was fighting the puck even on routine dumps along the boards. You either let him play out of it or have him take a seat. Playing through it is not a big deal when the team is playing well and scoring. Obviously they don't have that luxury right now.

Edited by Sickman

Pretty bad performances? So the teams awful play against the Caps and Atlanta means nothing? They were so bad in those games.

Look, the Devils were dreadful in tonight's first period but they brought it for the rest of the game and were let down by the goaltending. It's pretty safe to say that, but it's a two way street. The Devils were especially awful in Atlanta. They played like sh!t that game even when Hedberg took over.

I have no problem with Hedberg getting some action tbh. What you watched tonight with Marty is not so much a loss of skill as it is a loss of confidence. He was fighting the puck even on routine dumps along the boards.

this was the first time in a long while i saw marty played scared. like you said he doesnt have the confidence, and is not trusting his instincts.

I know the score was ugly but I honestly thought we played well form the 2nd period on.

The game looked wayyyyy more up-tempo , aggressive.

Our D pinched well , we moved the puck quickly instead of hesitating and standing still

We finished our checks and actually looked like a NHL caliber team , unlike the previous 5 or so games.

i admit i was in "denial mode" but yeah... Marty may get a few awesome nights here and there... but thats it... with his style he needs all his reflex and now he's way slower... if he'd be a goaly just playing good position like Luongo/Price or wtv... maybe he'd get away with that lack of speed but yeah... might take a few so we forget about that and just remember the good Marty... pretty much like Lemieux at the end of his career

I have no problem with Hedberg getting some action tbh. What you watched tonight with Marty is not so much a loss of skill as it is a loss of confidence. He was fighting the puck even on routine dumps along the boards. You either let him play out of it or have him take a seat. Playing through it is not a big deal when the team is playing well and scoring. Obviously they don't have that luxury right now.

Isn't the goalie a part of the damn team?

Oh for Christ's sakes, stop blaming everyone else for Brodeur. The reason he lost confidence is because he's realizing it's over for him. He's toast. Marty is becoming a huge reason why this team is losing games.

Thats the reality, as stark and hurtful as it may be for you.

Isn't the goalie a part of the damn team?

Oh for Christ's sakes, stop blaming everyone else for Brodeur. The reason he lost confidence is because he's realizing it's over for him. He's toast. Marty is becoming a huge reason why this team is losing games.

Thats the reality, as stark and hurtful as it may be for you.

When did I say he was not a part of the team? Please show me this. He shoulders the blame tonight, no dispute there. What I'm disputing is your claim that he played like sh!t against the Thrashers or in so many other games because he allowed four goals or what not. The team in front of him was absolute trash that night. Tonight it was reversed.

Oh for christ's sakes, are you in the man's head that you can tell he knows it's over for him? When the fvck did we become mind readers here? Obviously he's lost confidence in his game but who knows what the reason is?

I don't know how many times I can say this. I'm not saying the team is completely responsible for Marty's game. He hasn't been as good this year. No arguments there. But this nonsense that he is completely finished and he should become goaltending coach...Where do you guys come off with saying this when the team in front of him has been so bad this year? How can you accurately judge this? Before the team fell off the rails last year, Marty was very strong in the first half of the season. It's why he was nominated for the god damn Vezina trophy. So in one year all of his skills eroded? I just can't see this. And after a shaky start to this season, he was playing very well before injuring his arm. I know it's been a while but take a look at the #'s.

You know what, so many of you are crying for Hedberg and this was the same board that was ripping the guy a new a$$hole the first few games he played for this team. Now everyone wants to blow him to high heaven. It's ridiculous. I'm not saying Brodeur doesn't deserve some blame here but there is a fvcking reason(s) why this team is the WORST team in the NHL at this moment and it doesn't rest solely on an aging goaltender's shoulders.

Edited by Sickman