New Year's Eve GDT: Pittsburgh Penguins @ NJ Devils

Steven M.

Kovys reaction after the penalty shot is what I wanna see out of him!! I dont think I've ever seen him that animated!!!

One of the things I like about Kovy is he knows 'when' to show his emotion after goals. He doesn't whoop it up on empty-netters or in 5-1 games like too many people on one of my other sports teams that shall remain nameless (cough Jets oops). But his breakaway goal against Lundqvist, his penalty shot goal tonight, his playoff PP goal...those are when he breaks out the Friesen-like emotion.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You know what, new theory. Since Shanny is the new Director of Player Safety now (or whatever hes called...), I think he's convinced everyone to lay off. The Kovalchuk contract thing is recent, but other than that... everything involving the refs and league officiating happened years ago, and they were all Shanny's compatriots anyway. I didn't believe it earlier, and didn't want to "jinx" it or anything, but maybe there's a hint of a sunrise in Newark? :)

there was a bryce tap in that kicked in,,,parise isles late one,,,larrson hit by cole, these are just off the top of my head

i used to think it was bs but now just these last two seasons more than ever.

not starting anything here but wow, i saw it exactly the other way, even shanny seems to me to not help at all

its just luck is one thing and bad luck is another

oh, even those three mentioned i agree with the calls just saying it always goes against us

to me sid being out if anything has alot to do with nhl pr, so i hope zach can see what the nhl did to crosby and be on a team that can see through all that hype. ps sid is not hype just how the nhl used him was

plus i think we played like crap with alot of willpower tonight, helter skelter looks alot like sutter's system minus the D, hopefully zach comes up.

btw devilsfansteve great GDT

Thanks brother!! Here's some of my amateur photos, haha:

Where I was originally seated, courtesy of NJ Lotto:

398111_10151115354120014_701540013_22711733_954327720_n.jpg

402533_10151115356085014_701540013_22711748_182458338_n.jpg

Opening faceoff, from where they relocated me due to how freakishly tall I am (6' 4" lol)

390629_10151115357485014_701540013_22711761_20557016_n.jpg

DEVILS Win!

402055_10151115358435014_701540013_22711772_2077983385_n.jpg

399798_10151115359350014_701540013_22711784_917098727_n.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

401690_10151115361935014_701540013_22711810_412292909_n.jpg

166950_10151115362630014_701540013_22711812_765574457_n.jpg

396054_10151115363430014_701540013_22711818_1840275582_n.jpg

Nice pics! Gotta encourage more people to do that. :)

@lazer, calls will always, always go against your team, regardless of who "your team" is. That's just part or being a fan. The whole bias thing... well, I hate to say it, but I think you had to have been there, honestly. I know that's a bit of a cop out, but I can't adequately put it into words how there was a bias against the Devils from officials. I wasn't even the (non) calls... more like an attitude, or something. I don't know.

I wish I was tall....

Lol somedays it is good somedays it is not. Like when I am on my ship I smack my head into everything. It was so random though, i mean it was cramped but I just angled myself so it was fine. Then outta nowhere a woman came down and asked me if I wanted to relocate cause of it and I was like ...sure? Worked out for us!

@ohms - Thank you! Yeah, I am always way too hyped up & freaking out, or trying to really read the game while play is on, but I definitely like to capture the atmosphere prior to and after games. Luckily during play professionals take care of that for us.

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30

last two words are "poluchee nahooy"(получи, нахуй) - it`s mean... am... take it, dickf*cker (literary translate, becouse our explicit content is so shaped)

try to understand another words in his speech)

Edited by Guadana

I caught most of the game on the radio because my cable went out. I am not sure how familiar most people are with Devils Radio but Sherry Ross does a segment between the period where she asks one of the Devils players random questions and yesterday she interviewed Zach Parise. Here is what I remember

Apparently Zach Parise has his own ice cream flavor in a store called Last Licks which is related somehow to steiner (apparently has cookie dough in it)

He said Zubrus and Tedenby spend the most time in front of the mirror

He said he would change his name to Dainius if he could change his first name

He said he got yelled at from his coach when he was 15 years old for signing an autograph in the penalty box. His teammates saw it and started to tap their sticks

Talked about during last years Stanley Cup, he was fishing and didnt watch it

He said when he was young, his main chore was vacuuming

His favorite cereal was a discontinued cereal that they dont make anymore (forgot the name)

His last gift he gave was a jacket for his fiancee (said all his gift were open before dec 23rd because he and his fiancee were impatient in waiting)

Lastly, he was asked what teammate would he pick for a long car ride and he said Tedenby. He said that he often says funny things and everytime he looks at him, he starts laughing. I just got the impression that Tedenby is pretty popular in the lockeroom

On a side note, Janssen did one a while back and he said he would change his name to Gunner if he could and that he wouldnt ride with Boulton in the car because he stinks haha

To me it looks like khoolplet otbees eedee na khooy (хулплет отебис иди на хуй!) "loud mouth f**k you and f**k off!"

Have Kovy and Fleury ever had some heated words where Kovy might think of him as a big mouth?

i don`t hear, just read from his mouth

if it is

khooeplet otjebis eedee na khooy

thats mean

f*ckingmouth f... out and f... off

does not matter

loud... yes may be it`s correct

may be f*cking chatterbox, babbler

in russian it`s more hardly, than english

I caught most of the game on the radio because my cable went out. I am not sure how familiar most people are with Devils Radio but Sherry Ross does a segment between the period where she asks one of the Devils players random questions and yesterday she interviewed Zach Parise. Here is what I remember

Apparently Zach Parise has his own ice cream flavor in a store called Last Licks which is related somehow to steiner (apparently has cookie dough in it)

He said Zubrus and Tedenby spend the most time in front of the mirror

He said he would change his name to Dainius if he could change his first name

He said he got yelled at from his coach when he was 15 years old for signing an autograph in the penalty box. His teammates saw it and started to tap their sticks

Talked about during last years Stanley Cup, he was fishing and didnt watch it

He said when he was young, his main chore was vacuuming

His favorite cereal was a discontinued cereal that they dont make anymore (forgot the name)

His last gift he gave was a jacket for his fiancee (said all his gift were open before dec 23rd because he and his fiancee were impatient in waiting)

Lastly, he was asked what teammate would he pick for a long car ride and he said Tedenby. He said that he often says funny things and everytime he looks at him, he starts laughing. I just got the impression that Tedenby is pretty popular in the lockeroom

On a side note, Janssen did one a while back and he said he would change his name to Gunner if he could and that he wouldnt ride with Boulton in the car because he stinks haha

I look at Teddy and start laughing also. Funny stuff about Boulton though.

I'm suddenly reminded of the scene from Slap Shot where the one kid changes his name:

"hey coach"

"yea, kid?"

"I think that I want to change my name"

"yea?"

"Yea... I think I'm gonna change it to 'killer'. Yea... 'killer' Carleson" *smiles*

"Hey, that's great kid!"

lol