Barry Bonds - beat Hank's record - what a disgrace

Satans Hockey

I didn't see anyone post about him tying Hank's record. I think he is a disgrace. In the age of steroids and juiced baseballs how can anyone defend this guy? ESPN was defending him on Baseball Tonight and I wanted to :puke: It was nice to hear some of the guys on WFAN radio say he is garbage. I don't think he should make the Hall of Fame either. Cheaters shouldn't be allowed to.

Thoughts?

Edited by Satans Hockey

I didn't see anyone post about him tying Hank's record. I think he is a disgrace. In the age of steroids and juiced baseballs how can anyone defend this guy? ESPN was defending him on Baseball Tonight and I wanted to :puke: It was nice to hear some of the guys on WFAN radio say he is garbage. I don't think he should make the Hall of Fame either. Cheaters shouldn't be allowed to.

Thoughts?

I agree with you completely. He is a joke and shouldn't be in the same conversation as Hank. Only consolation is that (as long as he stays healthy) A-Rod is going to obliterate any record that Bonds puts up. Here is a cool article about the pace A-Rod is on--pretty amazing

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article_perspectiv...s&fext=.jsp

I love it. I think it's wonderful.

MLB leveraged it's credibility when it drew fans back from the strike by ignoring the abuse of steroids leading to the Mark McGuires and Barry Bonds of the world. And fans bought it up; the fans don't seem to give 2 sh!ts whether someone is on 'roids or not, so long as the ball leaves the park.

You reap what you sow. You think MLB didn't know that they were going to piss on the greats from the past? Integrity doesn't make money, so you sell it off. Money, money, money, money, money, money and money. That's what it's all about.

MLB leveraged it's credibility when it drew fans back from the strike by ignoring the abuse of steroids leading to the Mark McGuires and Barry Bonds of the world. And fans bought it up; the fans don't seem to give 2 sh!ts whether someone is on 'roids or not, so long as the ball leaves the park.

You reap what you sow. You think MLB didn't know that they were going to piss on the greats from the past? Integrity doesn't make money, so you sell it off. Money, money, money, money, money, money and money. That's what it's all about.

:clap:

I will add I think it's the height of irony that Bonds hit #755 off a guy that has been suspended once for performance enhancements :P Pitchers were doing it too, although no big names have really been fingered (yet).

There are other reasons not to like Bonds though, I was hoping he would do it in LA where he would have been booed but oh well.

I don't know if I missed it or not but, has it actually been 100% proven that he's taken roids?

Depends on what you consider proof. He has never failed a drug test. However, in 1999 (when Bonds started beefing up) MLB's testing was (and still is) a farce. If there was any kind of real testing for 'roids in MLB, the Tour de France would look pristine in comparison.

But there seems to be a lot of evidence from the people who gave him the drugs. I think that if this was a court case, he would be convicted.

But wait...Canseco has dirt on A-Rod in his next book!

What I love is how everyone in baseball hates Barry yet in LA when he was walked intentionally, the fans would boo their own manager and in San Diego, when he hit the damn thing, they all cheered and applauded.

A poll on ESPN asked what everyone’s reaction was to Bonds hit 755 and only 21% booed.

Nobody really cares. People just want to see a record broken.

Edited by devilsrule33

I think that in leaked testimony, bonds has admitted to using a creme that others have said contained steroids. But he says he didn't know what was in it.

As for Bonds himself, I hope that he somehow screws up so that all of his records can be expunged from the game. He is a contemptible human being, not on the level of Mike Vick, but contemptible all the same.

he is cheating... i know someone who played w/ him and they saw him taking the roids... so... i hope he takes forever beating it and someone just beats it before him and sky rockets the record wayy up there... this has to be his last year... isnt he like 42 or something...

A-fvcking men. I don't hate Bonds. I respect the kind of calibre player he is. Best of our generation. Love him or hate him, that's the truth. It's unfortunate that such a great record can't be celebrated.

It's still a great accomplishment. A-Rod will probably supplant him. So that's something to watch.

Maybe if Mr. Griffey Jr used the cream and the clear unknowingly..you know, like all people do, who just 'happen' to take stuff like the cream and the clear without having any knowledge he was taking it :rolleyes:....maybe Griffey could have been roided up, stayed MUCH healthier, recovered quicker, and we would be having a altogether different discussion...but I digress....

I'm not going to watch the record...I could care less personally.if it makes Bonds happy good for him....HR records have been tainted by small ballparks, watered down pitching, and wound up baseballs too...500 now IMO equals 350 all time....600 equals 450...too many guys at once have hit the 500+ HR club...

Bond$ is racist too, but I guess that is ok too....not implying that older players were not racist..but still...

Edited by LOTCB

Completely meaningless to me, everything he's done post 1999 is tainted. The man is a cheater, and he's shameless about it. He rubs it in your face. What if everybody did steroids like that? There are signs all around baseballs history, Brady Andersons 50 in 96 (at the age of 32, he hadn't hit more than 21 in his career) Sosa, McGwire, Caminiti....

This is something that should not be celebrated. If things had progressed naturally, Bonds would have between 600-650 by now if he was extremely lucky! I for one cannot wait until Arod breaks this record.

The fact that the MLB did nothing about it means the record has to stand and cant really be called into question.

If they had done something about steroids across the leauge, such as banned players or writern off their runs from there totals if found guilty of cheeting there wouldnt be this problem.

The fact that he has never failed a drugs test means its much more difficult to say its tainted.

The thing that really works against bonds is the fact that he is such an unlikeable person, he has a personality that makes you want to hate him.

If he was a more likeable person i think there was a lot less unret over the whole incident.