The Official Rangers Suck Thread

Triumph

Therein lies the paradox...would it be great to see the Rangers not make the playoffs? Of course it would...I'd love to see Tortorella's press conference for that one. But if they don't make, the Dolans might actually, FINALLY wake up and get someone who knows what the hell he's doing, even if it's by complete accident. Sather sticking around is a beautiful thing.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

This, and for as much as Lundqvist gets ripped on for his glove hand and pad size, the SOB does find a way to get his team into the playoffs. I think somehow they'll find themselves clinching in Game 81 or so yet again...which means Sather gets to keep his job.

Last night showed they have zero heart. They are what they are. Inconsistent and 'immature" as Drury called them. It's over. The coach has embarrassed himself. My take on the debacle:

"In most cases, your record is who you are."-Dave Maloney 11:26 ET on FAN 3/16/10 with a furious Steve Somers

Sometimes, you are who you are. Or in the Rangers' case, they are what their 31-30-9 record says they are. As MSG Radio color analyst Dave Maloney diplomatically put it to WFAN's Steve Somers, that's how to describe our mediocre team following two straight wins, including one of the best of the season couldn't be bothered to show in another must win against Les Habitants.

For everything they did well Sunday versus Philly is how much at the opposite end of the spectrum they were last night. Bipolar is a good way to describe this mismatched roster, poorly constructed by The Savior. This is what you get. When the much reserved captain Chris Drury calls them out as he did to NYSD's Joe McDonald following the 3-1 embarrassment that wasn't even close, it speaks volumes.

They are who they are

My final contribution on 2009-10:

"The Life Of A Ranger Fan"

by Derek Felix AKA D Flex

There once was a team

Who were completely whacked

Sucking fans in

While players slacked

If only one could truly escape

From the pain and misery

Maybe then we'd see the light

Instead of feeling apathy

Such is the life of a Ranger fan

Dazed and confused

In Jazzy Jim's MSG foreign land

All boozed singing the blues

Watching and rooting for a miracle

To finally take place

Ruling over the nonsensical

That leaves us with empty faces

Disappointment is something we know well

Always leaving us with broken hearts

If only Slats were gone and Dolan would sell

It'd finally feel like a fresh start

Loyal to a fault

Corporate stench over the common man

Time to put it to a halt

We still go because it's in our genes

Never say die

Even if we're a bunch of crack fiends

Who are left pondering why

Always waiting for the other shoe to drop

Cause it's in our brains

As our team plays keystone cops

And the heavens open full of rain

Boos raining down

May as well be Peter Pan

As team ornament Larry dances like a clown

Nonsense is all we know

Anything to take the spotlight off

Stick kids, Garden of Dreams always shown

Winning secondary, pass the Zooloft

Just once it'd be nice to actually win

Instead of being lied to

As Dumb and Dumber commit every sin

Making ya wonder if they sniffed too much glue

Where again the end is near

Courtesy of these also rans

It's wait till next year

Edited by Derek21

Therein lies the paradox...would it be great to see the Rangers not make the playoffs? Of course it would...I'd love to see Tortorella's press conference for that one. But if they don't make, the Dolans might actually, FINALLY wake up and get someone who knows what the hell he's doing, even if it's by complete accident. Sather sticking around is a beautiful thing.

well if we can just get the rags the 8th spot, we can enjoy the caps demolishing them again.

The 2003 draft, of course, brings a smile to the face of every Devils fan. We got Parise, "they" got Jessiman. (One of my guilty pleasures is to go to a Rangers board and do a search for Hugh Jessiman). Here's what Hockey's Future had to say about Jessiman at the time. Money quote:

He'll be a fan favorite in no time.

The 2003 draft, of course, brings a smile to the face of every Devils fan. We got Parise, "they" got Jessiman. (One of my guilty pleasures is to go to a Rangers board and do a search for Hugh Jessiman). Here's what Hockey's Future had to say about Jessiman at the time. Money quote:

the one thing i had the balls to yell out at MSG when i was there for devils-rangers in january when they were all bitching about parise was (somewhat esoterically) 'he's no hugh jessiman!'. some rangers fan turns around and says 'yeah it kills me they picked him. like in 75 when they took lucien deblois and ron duguay ahead of mike bossy'. ah, the long-suffering blueskirt supporter.

in all seriousness had the rangers taken even a player who was average for that 2003 1st round (and average for that 1st round is like... nikolai zherdev), they were probably a cup contender in 2007. but they didn't, because jessiman grew up a rangers fan and that was just too much to pass on. lol @ the rangers.

Edited by Triumph

The best quote I ever saw there from that time was a Ranger fan willing to put money on who would end up being the better pick, and said Parise would never score more than 20 goals, mark his words.

I, too, am conflicted over how I want their season to go. If they miss the playoffs I'll no doubt be happy, but that might lead to some kind of change, but who knows, maybe that change would be even worse! Maybe Dolan will say "hey I liked the spunk of that Millbury guy I saw while switching from the gold medal game to the NBA on ABC. He looks like he'd be a hit with our customers." If they make the playoffs, it's for one reason only, ol' barn door pads, and that bothers me too. If they do that, then that just continues them on their road to mediocrity and middle of the road draft picks that they'll rush to NY.

I still say they make it. Compare their schedule to Boston's and Atlanta's and you'll see why. They'll make it and hopefully that will be good enough for not much to change there.

Hahah! Just for kicks I dug up the Devils draft review from that year. Also put a smile on my face... "Parise has “superstar” written all over him." TRUE.

bump

rangers are going to have a real hard time making it now that they are 5 points out and boston has a game in hand. if boston goes 4-6-1 down the stretch, the rangers need 14 points in 10 games, or 7-3-0 or 6-2-2. it's just real hard to imagine this rangers team winning 7 of 10.

Edited by Triumph

Was anyone watching that game? Rosival retrieved the puck in his own end with about 5 seconds left and skated slowly to it and just stood there with it till the horn sounded. Rangers have already given up, and it looks like they will be playing some golf soon.

P.S. Henrik stormed off the ice again and had another hissy fit. I wouldn't blame him to ask for a trade next season or something.

Edited by skullsmasher

bump

rangers are going to have a real hard time making it now that they are 5 points out and boston has a game in hand. if boston goes 4-6-1 down the stretch, the rangers need 14 points in 10 games, or 7-3-0 or 6-2-2. it's just real hard to imagine this rangers team winning 7 of 10.

That and they have to account for Atlanta now on top of it...two points back of even ninth and the Thrashers also have a game in hand. Atlanta does have a killer April schedule though, with two games against the Caps and Penguins and a home game against us.

That and they have to account for Atlanta now on top of it...two points back of even ninth and the Thrashers also have a game in hand. Atlanta does have a killer April schedule though, with two games against the Caps and Penguins and a home game against us.

Atlanta will definitely have a little extra motivation for its home game against us. I could see Atlanta scoring five goals in that game.

they're done. the firings must be imminent.

Carolina is withing 1-3 points of them, depending on how the game in hand goes.

If you're going to count Carolina then you have to count Tampa and Florida as well. Florida is actually tied with the Rangers if they win both games in hand.

Carolina is winning their games, though. Florida and especially Tampa, not so much.

And any of that could instantly turn around tomorrow. If all you had to do to figure out who wins the next bunch of games was just who won the prior bunch of games we could all be millionaires sports gambling.

Rangers are done at this point. Boston would have to collapse hard to let them in.

I used to think of Lundqvist as a career Ranger but with his reactions and disgust the last few seasons it wouldn't surprise me if he requested a trade or signed elsewhere in a few years if conditions remained the same.

Rangers are done at this point. Boston would have to collapse hard to let them in.

I used to think of Lundqvist as a career Ranger but with his reactions and disgust the last few seasons it wouldn't surprise me if he requested a trade or signed elsewhere in a few years if conditions remained the same.

I could easily see Tortorella pulling a Mario Tremblay on Lundqvist, he already embarassed him by taking him out of the Devils game and he's never been best friends with his goalies :lol: