Projected 2011-2012 line-up

USC09

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna see a lineup like this:

Parise-Zajac-UFA

This needs to be a solid top 6 RW who can put up 60+pts. We should invest some decent money in this, 3-4mil would be about right imo.

Kovy-Josefson-Tedenby

Josefson can play here if he improves his play, if not, he can share time with the center we sign to replace Arnott.

Elias-Arnott-UFA/Rookie

Arnott if he doesn't go at the deadline and resigns for cheap and I think a rookie like Vasyunov/Zharkov could be the RW on this line. If Arnott is no longer on the team, sign a good two way centerman for about 2mil.

UFA/Rookie-Pelley-Clarkson

Sign a plug to play here, hopefully a big guy who can throw his body around because this line is a bit small, pay him as little as possible, league minimum is preferable.

My forward group assumes that Rolston is somehow gotten rid of. Hopefully someone will take him at the deadline even if it's via re-entry waivers, just get rid of him any way you can.

Also assumes we move Zubrus at the deadline to free up another 3.4mil and Lang is traded at deadline or at the least not resigned.

Basically these two are replaced with the top 6 RW we need and the 2nd line center to play with kovy if Josefson isn't ready for top 6 time or to be a 3rd line center if the Josefson can handle being on the 2nd line.

Volchenkov-UFA

Sign a top 4 Dman for about 3-4mil that can put up 35+pts and handle 20mins per game.

Tallinder-White

I think these two can play together well and be a good 2nd pairing.

Greene-Taormina/other rookie

If Taormina regresses, he can share time with other rookies, if not, we have our bottom pairing set.

This assumes Salvador does not return and retires to rid us of his 2.9mil contract, so we can sign the top 4 dman to replace him

This all can be done if the cap goes up a couple mil as some have speculated it will and we make the moves I specified in this post. If we do all these things, I think we can get right back to being a top team in the conference and be competing for cup come playoff time.

Both Courturier(sic) and Larsson are 18 right now. There's very much the possibility that they could see some action next season.

I chose to leave out any possible drafted players because it's too much of a guessing game to say with any certainty who we might be able to draft. Who knows what happens between now and the draft. Players might have a serious injury, they might start sucking, they might have an incident like Cormier did, who knows what happens.

If we do end up getting a top 10 draft pick, it is quite possible that they would be ready to see the NHL from the get go, but even for top 10 draft picks, a year in the AHL/extra year in Juniors can't hurt. If we draft a defenseman, they especially seem to take a bit longer to develop than a forward usually does, so Larsson may not be able to jump right into the fray in his first year, but Courturier may be able to easier handle limited action.

A defenseman is going to more often get stuck out on the ice against the other teams top lines than a forward will and the results have the potential to be worse than just having 1 inexperienced and overmatched forward out there. Also, a forward's weakspots in his game are easier to mask than a defenseman's are, which is why a dman seems to benefit more from the extra time developing.

Edited by ATLL765

I think Parise-Zajac-Teddy would be awesome, but where does Adam Henrique fit in? This guy is amazing, and he knows how to center fast paced goal scorers, I mean he did play with Taylor Hall, so?

I think he'll fit into the AHL for a little while. I don't think he's ready for the NHL yet. I don't think he made it very far before being cut in camp this year or am I not remembering correctly?

I know its a bit early to do so, but with the Devils projected to finish 29/30 in NHL this year, here is what there line-up could look like.

Parise Zajac Zubrus

Kovalchuk Couturier Clarkson

Elias Josefson Tedenby

Rolston Pelley Vasyunov/Zharkov

Greene Salvador

White Tallinder

Volchenkov Corrente

Notes: The Devils need puck movers on defense, so hopefully they will pursue Kaberle and hopefully Elias can court him to NJ.

I say atleast 2 offensive defensemen

It's certainly possible that Henrique could see some call up time next season. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he did.

That's definitely possible. From what I've read about him, it seems people have him slotting into a 3rd line role as more of a checking line guy that has the potential to put up a few points as well. I'd certainly love to see Madden 2.0 and if he can put up 35-45pts too, that'd be outstanding.

That being said, he's still real young, so at least another year in the AHL is most likely necessary for him. This year is his first year in the AHL and his stats look like this: 24GP 7G 6A 13P +2. So he's on pace to put up around 30-40pts in his first season in the AHL. If his play improves over the course of the season and he looks good in camp next year, he should definitely get a few call ups, but we don't need to rush him as we're not in dire need of a 3rd line center.

So a checking center would be great as this season we really don't have a real checking line. We basically have 3 offensive lines and then a 4th "energy" line, that's a big on the small side.