Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Marian Hossa then add more to it. I can't even start to put together a trade.

Niklas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, Mattias Tedenby, 1st 10 and 1st 11

It sucks our system dry over a player who may not return.

Ok that's a little insane.. Why not also include the team plane and the Prudential Center's 2010 earnings?

Ok that's a little insane.. Why not also include the team plane and the Prudential Center's 2010 earnings?

Marian Hossa and Pascal Dupuis for Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito (20th overall) and a first-round pick.

Thats 4 pieces for Hossa, Kovalchuk is a top 5 player in the game and is younger, he will command a package similar to what I stated.

Marian Hossa and Pascal Dupuis for Colby Armstrong and Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito (20th overall) and a first-round pick.

Thats 4 pieces for Hossa, Kovalchuk is a top 5 player in the game and is younger, he will command a package similar to what I stated.

His age doesn't matter since everyone is getting him just for the rest of this season. Esposito had already fallen out of favor with a lot of people as a prospect by the time he was traded as well.

His age doesn't matter since everyone is getting him just for the rest of this season. Esposito had already fallen out of favor with a lot of people as a prospect by the time he was traded as well.

I think some suitors could have an intent to sign. we might have an intent to sign, but he probably wouldn't. it's a sketchy deal to make. Mogs came with another year on his deal, was a reclaimation project, not a superstar, and was signable... (whoops)

this is basically for a few months, if it works, you look brilliant, if you fail in 5 or 6 games, wow. kinda like Ryan Smyth to the Isles.

Think Marian Hossa then add more to it. I can't even start to put together a trade.

Niklas Bergfors, Johnny Oduya, Mattias Tedenby, 1st 10 and 1st 11

It sucks our system dry over a player who may not return.

There is NO WAY a team in their right mind would give up 2 roster players, a top prospect, and their next 2 FIRST ROUND Draft picks for a RENTAL! Atlanta will not permit any team to negotiate with Kovalchuk prior to a trade being made, so this would be downright insane for someone to take a gamble like this and hope to sign him.

I think some suitors could have an intent to sign. we might have an intent to sign, but he probably wouldn't. it's a sketchy deal to make. Mogs came with another year on his deal, was a reclaimation project, not a superstar, and was signable... (whoops)

this is basically for a few months, if it works, you look brilliant, if you fail in 5 or 6 games, wow. kinda like Ryan Smyth to the Isles.

You could gamble to sign him but he has said he will be going UFA no matter what, so I wouldn't hold my breath as a team hoping to re-sign him early. I think since the difference between his value as a rental and as a multi-year player is so vast and the risk of him not staying is so great, teams will only give up the lesser value since the chance of him staying without going UFA first seem negligible.

There is NO WAY a team in their right mind would give up 2 roster players, a top prospect, and their next 2 FIRST ROUND Draft picks for a RENTAL! Atlanta will not permit any team to negotiate with Kovalchuk prior to a trade being made, so this would be downright insane for someone to take a gamble like this and hope to sign him.

Thank you!! :cheers:

This rental, in the right element, could help a certain team get past the 2nd round for the first time in about a decade.

With that said, if this were true(which I doubt but I'll play along), either Zajac is gone, or Bergfors and a couple of roster guys. The Thrashers are still in the playoff race, and they want something decent in return.

kovalchuk and hossa's value is nearly equal, and christensen and armstrong were both nothing particularly special, esposito was already having a terrible season. it's doable, but not sensible.

The Hossa to the Penguins trade happened and Kovalchuk is better than Hossa.

Edited by devilsfan26

This rental, in the right element, could help a certain team get past the 2nd round for the first time in about a decade.

With that said, if this were true(which I doubt but I'll play along), either Zajac is gone, or Bergfors and a couple of roster guys. The Thrashers are still in the playoff race, and they want something decent in return.

If so they are serious they'll keep him similar to Florida and JayBo sitiuatuion.

Waddell will be lucky to get a first, medium prospect, and a guy that can put up 40-50 points. If Waddell wants that much he'll get no oneand Kovy will just leave.

I believe his point was:

It was a really dumb trade that Pittsburgh and every GM in the league has learned from. Something this stupid will probably never happen again.

Pittsburgh got to Game 6 of the Finals, and they gave up nothing that's really hurt them to lose yet. Angel Esposito and Colby Armstrong have been far from irreplaceable.

kovalchuk and hossa's value is nearly equal, and christensen and armstrong were both nothing particularly special, esposito was already having a terrible season. it's doable, but not sensible.

If you feel his value is closer to Hossa's then it is doable and sensible. Here is a list of the prospects that will finish Lowell this season and could graduate to Lowell next season.

Zharkov, Palmieri, Halischuk, Vasyunov, Perkovich, Mills, Swift, Nagy will all be under contract. Davis should be resigned and make the Devils IMO. Graduating to Lowell, which is in the best interest of the prospect, is Cormier, Henrique, McIntyre, Berube, Tedenby, Josefson, Bernard (ECHL)up front. Thats too many prospects not getting 1st or 2nd line ice time.

GET RID OF SOME OF THEM.

If you feel his value is closer to Hossa's then it is doable and sensible. Here is a list of the prospects that will finish Lowell this season and could graduate to Lowell next season.

Zharkov, Palmieri, Halischuk, Vasyunov, Perkovich, Mills, Swift, Nagy will all be under contract. Davis should be resigned and make the Devils IMO. Graduating to Lowell, which is in the best interest of the prospect, is Cormier, Henrique, McIntyre, Berube, Tedenby, Josefson, Bernard (ECHL)up front. Thats too many prospects not getting 1st or 2nd line ice time.

GET RID OF SOME OF THEM.

Just because Atlanta took Samela, you think that they will now take our other border line NHL players for someone with such purported "value"

Kovalchuk and Armstrong for Bergfors, Oduya, Zharkov/Palmeri and 2010 1st rounder.

If they could take on Rolston too, that would be so awesome. I generally, but no always, like Rollie (main for his attitude and team play), but I'd look at it as the Rangers dumping Kotalik. Dumping a terrible contract for future cap space. Oduya's contract would be gone too if the past 25 games are an indication on how he'll be for the next 2 years.

I don't think that should be out of the realm of possibility that type of package.

Jason is right, prospects need to be moved. I think Lou has done a fantastic job of getting some of them adequate playing time this year to make them more valuable, and maybe this cap space buffer zone all year was for a deal for a player like this.

Just because Atlanta took Samela, you think that they will now take our other border line NHL players for someone with such purported "value"

They aren't borderline NHL'ers, most of whom I named are much better prospects and younger then Salmela. I'm not going to argue about prospects with you, you obviously don't follow them.

macissac: you and i have had this discussion before, but i don't see other organizations being all that interested in the devils' prospects. waddell probably doesn't want prospects, his organization is pretty much awful at developing them - he wants NHL players, and that the devils just cannot offer. i agree that one of zharkov/halischuk/palmieri/vasyunov should be traded by the deadline. i also agree that people like mills, nagy, swift, and so forth, have no value at all and can be voros'd without much loss to the organization.

Edited by Triumph

Kovalchuk and Armstrong for Bergfors, Oduya, Zharkov/Palmeri and 2010 1st rounder.

If they could take on Rolston too, that would be so awesome. I generally, but no always, like Rollie (main for his attitude and team play), but I'd look at it as the Rangers dumping Kotalik. Dumping a terrible contract for future cap space. Oduya's contract would be gone too if the past 25 games are an indication on how he'll be for the next 2 years.

I don't think that should be out of the realm of possibility that type of package.

Jason is right, prospects need to be moved. I think Lou has done a fantastic job of getting some of them adequate playing time this year to make them more valuable, and maybe this cap space buffer zone all year was for a deal for a player like this.

that's pretty junky. actually, alot junky. Zharkov and Palmieri could end up being nobodies. our 1st round pick might not be that great. that leaves them with Bergfors and Oduya. if Oduya had backed up last season, he'd have some serious worth. he's missed by a mile.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.