[Now Dead]Devils, Wild Agree To Deal That Would Send Brodeur To Wild

devilzibook

The idea that Lou backed out because he was pissed is ridiculous. If this trade ever did exist, a much more likely scenario is that Minny backed out after getting tired of waiting on Lou. However, my guess would be that Minnesota made inquiries about a handful of goalies around the league and then took their best deal.

Detroit is not a contender.  

Yeah, it seems like some people are suffering from the "Detroit Effect" where because they are so used to Detroit being good they automatically assume they are a contender this year. Detroit is a borderline playoff team. Now they are missing Zetterberg and are dealing with an injured Datsyuk and Weiss.

The idea that Lou backed out because he was pissed is ridiculous. If this trade ever did exist, a much more likely scenario is that Minny backed out after getting tired of waiting on Lou. However, my guess would be that Minnesota made inquiries about a handful of goalies around the league and then took their best deal.

This. Bryz is a better goalie for them at this point. Maybe if Lou worked faster they take Marty instead, but they got a better player.

Does anyone else think the Islanders may be the best destination for Marty and his plans to play next season? Obviously, MTL is up there, but that would have to mean Price has a serious groin issue or something.

I really think Lou can not find a trading partner that is willing to give anything of value, otherwise he would have moved MB30 ahead of all these goalie trades and signings.

Will Lou move him regardless as a thank you is the question to me.

Posted this to the other thread, but the Habs acquired Dubnyk.  One less destination for Marty.

UNLESSSSS....

Lou doesn't have enough faith in Kinkaid yet to call him up to be Cory's fulltime backup....Lou tells Montreal he needs a goaltender back if he is to deal Marty...

Habs trade for Dubnyk, only to ship him to NJ in the Brodeur deal!

CONSPIRACCYYYYYYYY!!!!

• Like 1