Photo
- - - - -

Hockey geeks please educate me on some things...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,806 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

I remember reading somewhere that Tedenby has a military requirement in Sweden (like in Israel) so that is one of the reasons he is there this year.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#22 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,442 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Actually i was wrong, and have edited the previous post. Tri's explanation is correct, claiming players has no impact on priority list. Im getting the new CBA mixed up with the old one.

hah - i thought the same thing and edited it out of my post as well. i think i'm confusing the NHL with fantasy football.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#23 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:42 PM

So the worst team gets 1st shot each time. Sheesh!
It's the whiskey talking.

#24 ev0lemi

ev0lemi

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

Ok, so the idea there is that a team cant perpetually suck and get 1st shot. I was trying to rememember how many great waiver pickups there have been in the last few years ( Mark Recchi maybe one of the best), and then I remembered that Sean Avery was picked up off waivers and if I recall, it seemed like that there some sort of deal between the Stars and Rangers to make that all happen.

From what I recall the Rangers took Avery because the Stars as a team pretty much voted him off the island. The Stars sent him down to the minors and I don't think he reported so they skirted the waiver thing with him. I just remember Modano etc throwing Avery under the bus when it came to his place on the Stars and that they got a lot better the minute he left.
---
Keeper of the Red and Black, Parise's first NHL goal and the smoking section outside of gate D.
"If you are going to go the TMI route you may as well take every exit!" - sammyk!

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,442 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:44 PM

From what I recall the Rangers took Avery because the Stars as a team pretty much voted him off the island. The Stars sent him down to the minors and I don't think he reported so they skirted the waiver thing with him. I just remember Modano etc throwing Avery under the bus when it came to his place on the Stars and that they got a lot better the minute he left.

Avery was put on re-entry waivers by Dallas in March 2009, but basically the entire league knew to stay away - Avery was going to play for the Rangers.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users