GDT 1/1/11 - New Jersey Devils at Carolina Hurricanes 7pm

ghdi

Marty is pissed he was pulled. It's all about the team Marty, not you. Playing backup wasn't his idea of going out in style. When he created MB30 he thought he was bigger than the team, not true. He has been a product of the team.

Everyone is a product of the team. You can think your sh!t doesnt stink all you want but when it comes down to it, you can be replaced....no matter who you are.

Marty needs to get his sh!t together or take it upon himself not his bosses, teammates, and/or fans to show him he isnt what he used to be.

The over all performance of the team is what really matters and right now....its pure garbage.

Marty's had some bad performances this year, but he was not much at fault yesterday. I read some people complaining about the rebound on the second goal, but that was not a juicy rebound. Skinner was not checked well, plus he made a very good play. First goal a deflection. The third goal ... what can you say, the entire team was overwhelmed on that shift.

Wow, no shots for Kovalchuk in 23 minutes? Let's face it. If the Devils don't draw power plays, he's often so ordinary. Our $100 million one-trick pony.

Marty's had some bad performances this year, but he was not much at fault yesterday. I read some people complaining about the rebound on the second goal, but that was not a juicy rebound. Skinner was not checked well, plus he made a very good play. First goal a deflection. The third goal ... what can you say, the entire team was overwhelmed on that shift.

Wow, no shots for Kovalchuk in 23 minutes? Let's face it. If the Devils don't draw power plays, he's often so ordinary. Our $100 million one-trick pony.

Unfortunately, I think the team is going to be re-tooled in the offseason to try and suit Kovalchuk and maximize his ability and protect his liabilities and tendency to loaf. Let's face it, we're stuck with him now, so we have to make it work.

Yeah, you could be right. I doubt the Devils can make it work the other way around (Kovalchuk makes changes in his game).

Not at all unfortunately. I think he was trying earlier in the year and even at points last year, and he just looked lost. Kovalchuk is what he is. He's a guy who needs space, and needs to get a lot of pucks and high volume of shots/scoring opportunities. He isn't a two-way forward. I think we all knew that.

Marty is pissed he was pulled. It's all about the team Marty, not you. Playing backup wasn't his idea of going out in style. When he created MB30 he thought he was bigger than the team, not true. He has been a product of the team.

I am a big Marty supporter, but I had to chuckle at this.. The guy creates a brand for himself, and right now that brand isn't too strong

I disagree. Brodeur left a fair share of rebounds in his prime as well. He relied on the D to clear it out or corral them when he did and he had many quality D to do that. Much like a Quarterback who throws to a specific "spot" on the field and expects the reciever to be there to catch it.

When he was in control of rebounds, they went into the corner (or off to the left or right of the goal).

When Brodeur is "on" he doesn't flop, flail, dive, kick/deflect rebounds out or back in the net towards shooters.

IMO, Brodeur's struggles are just as much due to what's in front of him as his own doing.

yea remember him in the olympics, he was getting lit up ! It was coming, we should have seen it. Age Age ughhhhhhh