GDT: SCF GAME 6 - New Jersey @ Los Angeles

NJCroMag

No chance. We had that one and let it go. This one just wasn't met to be.

Yeah, the Colorado loss made me angry - they just stood around waiting for the Avalanche to lose is how I remember that last game.

It's a shame.. When you're this close and you go out like this, it's a fvcking shame

But I love this team, and badly. I am so proud to have been a part of this,, through all the ups and downs following last season. To have proven all of the fvck head analysis's wrong is fantastic.

LGD

if there are such things as hockey gods, PLEASE.. and I repeat PLEASE... DO NOT LET THIS TEAM REPEAT NEXT YEAR OR WIN ANOTHER CUP.

Thank you.

Like I said in chat: The Kings are one and done like Carolina or Tampa. There's at least 4 or 5 Western Conference teams salivating at the chance to put a bulls eye on the Kings' back. Remember, the Kings were an 8th seed who came in and got hot at the right time. The Canucks, Yotes and Blues will probably make it prioirty a number one that the Kings don't repeat. Not too mention Detroit, Nashville, Chicago, San Jose; they'll all be in the mix as well.

Yeah, the Colorado loss made me angry - they just stood around waiting for the Avalanche to lose is how I remember that last game.

Exactly. I still think that 2000-01 team is the best team the devils iced in their history from top to bottom. That game six and seven were extremely heartbreaking.

This year just sucks but after the clusterfvck of last season I'll take it. Hell I was happy just to make it out of the first round.

Totally agree. We has that one and it slipped through our fingers.

Took me a good two weeks to get over that one. I'm already halfway over it now.

Agreed. I cried for weeks after that one.

This was one of those where I was hoping, but not necessarily hopeful. Too big a hole to dig out of. They gave it their best shot though.

Right now I'm just hoping there is a season in the fall.

In the postgame show on MSG+, Steve, Chico and Dano seemed to be giving Bernier the benefit of the doubt on that penalty. And Zach, who was interviewed in the locker room, had no problem with it too.

And Bernier himself, stood up in the locker room and took all the questions. He said he was just finishing his check, and that Scuderi stopped and started to cut back just as he was going in for the check.

The Devs just blew it by giving up three goals on the five-minute major. Unfortunately.

That 5 minutes was more PP time than the Devils got all game. :lol:

No doubt. I thought it should've been a double minor. Kenny thought it should've been just a two. Chico seemed to be OK with it but said one of the Kings could've been called for a retaliatory two, which would've cut it to three.

What hurts about the way the game turned out is not even having a chance to compete.

Comparing this to 2001 is silly, the Devils had a chance to compete and didn't that year. We didn't even have a chance to compete tonight, it's a different kind of hurt. 2001 was anger, this is dissapoinment, not in the team just in the circumstance. It would have been one thing if we went out on our shield but we were given the hook before even getting the chance.

Marty on the postgame reiterates in the locker room that he wants to come back.

I know a lot of fans in here didn't watch it or don't care, but Marty and Jonathan Quick had a nice extended embrace on the handshake line. Marty said that Quick seems to be a fan and wants him to come back.

Im proud of this 2012 team! We lost but im fine with it we will be back and we will win with parise back or not... Kovalchuk healthy Larsson ascension etc...

And Marty will be back for sure...

2012 eastern conference champion who would said that. at the beginning of the season ?

We will be back, because it the cup.