GDT: Kings @ Devils 7pm

Scottie2Hottie

One problem the Devils have when CS plays is he doesn't handle the puck. It's something that gets overlooked because we're used to seeing it, but not having Brodeur back there playing the puck really hurts them. 

Yes. And he seems to be trying to play the puck and it's creating a lot of confusion between him and the defencemen. 

Well the optimist in me says that we outplayed the Kings 2/3 periods and lost. We were outplayed by the Rangers 2/3 periods and won. Call it even and move on.

The pessimist says we've been shut out 5 times this year and aren't a strong enough team physically to compete with the likes of the Kings.

Absolutely disgraceful. How do we continue to give no goal support to one of the best goalies in the league. I am so pissed right now

We had so many chances to put the puck in the net and of course we couldn't. I am so tired of not sorting goals.

No Quick, no Carter, and whoever else and we lose 2-0?? fvck that

I can think of only 3 really good chances.  I agree at least one or two of them should have been converted.

Lol I just need to avoid the board after every loss. You would think we just lost the cup final again.

We were the better team the majority of the game. Just like the rangers were the other night. Sometimes that isn't enough.

Good news is we only have 24 hours to dwell in it before the boys have a chance to put it behind us. If we win tomorrow nobody will even remember tonight.

If we play the same game tomorrow, we should win.  Pittsburgh doesn't have a great defense.

Yes. And he seems to be trying to play the puck and it's creating a lot of confusion between him and the defencemen. 

Well the optimist in me says that we outplayed the Kings 2/3 periods and lost. We were outplayed by the Rangers 2/3 periods and won. Call it even and move on.

The pessimist says we've been shut out 5 times this year and aren't a strong enough team physically to compete with the likes of the Kings.

The good news is, we only have to compete with the teams in the East to make the playoffs.  That's all I want out of this season.

If we are tied with philly after tonight I'll lose it

Yet we'll still only be one point out of a playoff spot.

For all the crap we hear about CORSI shmorsi the devils are due to do blah blah there shooting percentage will get better, they're going to score a goal blah blah

In their last 31 games dating back to last season they've been shut out NINE TIMES

9!!! How is that statistically possible. Has any team been shut out so much in such a stretch? How about 0-21 in our last 21 shootout attempts. A gorilla with a hockey stick would somehow figure out a way to score at least once in that many tries

so basically why aren't the Devils forfeiting every 4th game? Just flat out don't play. Doesn't matter the goalie they face...they're not going to score

In Cory Schneider's 9 starts, the Devils have only scored 10 goals and have been shutout 4 times, unreal. Devils came into the night only shooting 5.1% in front of Schneider...and that number just goes down further. Can't wait for regression (in a good way) to a normal SH%.

Kings avg 32.0 shots for/60, only had 21 tonight. Kings allow 24.7 shots against/60, Devils had 26 tonight. Shame the Devils didn't at least salvage a point tonight. Unfortunate result.

Ryder and Brunner continue to disappoint.

BTW, I fvcking hate Dwight King's face!  Good god!  I just wanna fvcking punch that fvcking puke so hard that his face ends up in the back of his head forcing him to walk backwards for the rest of his life!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

man that was a disappointment.. doesnt really make me want to come back here again tomorrow

Come on man!  Really?!

Good point. We're two different teams with Schneid and Brodeur

It's not only strange, but EXTREMELY concerning.  We can't really rely on Marty all season long, can we?

BTW, I fvcking hate Dwight King's face!  Good god!  I just wanna fvcking punch that fvcking puke so hard that his face ends up in the back of his head forcing him to walk backwards for the rest of his life!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Come on man!  Really?!

It's not only strange, but EXTREMELY concerning.  We can't really rely on Marty all season long, can we?

yea man I dont know if I honestly wana spend more money to come back tomorrow again the building was boring no energy just not a fun time for a hockey game

Damien Brunner has no points in his last 8 games. Just 2 points (same game) in his past 13 games. Had 5 of his 7 points in his first 5 games. Has a 42.7% offensive zone start and a 64.4% O/D start%.

Scary thing is he's tied for 3rd on the team in points and is 2nd in primary points.

brunner has tturned into a complete gghost he does next to nothing out there.. he started the season with a couple goals and gave everyone some false hope

Guys calm down. Who cares if we have no one scoring goals? At least were not overpaying guys who could do it now but be stuck with bad contracts in 7 years, lets focus on that.

And im doing this thing right?

But seriously this game could have been ours, their goal was a goal that will go in one times out of 10 and we could have scored one like that too it just didnt happened. Lets move on to tomorrow, pittsburgh would be just as fun to win

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Way too early in the season to be hanging your hat on that, unfortunately.  Standings really mean nothing at this point..it's all about the trends.

Especially since the murderer's row coming up over the next few games is pushing the trend downward.  They really needed to get this game tonight, if they screw the pooch tomorrow they could be looking at a six-game losing streak in no time (including the Winnipeg game post-trip against a team we can't match up with and are playing just two days after the WC trip ends).

brunner has tturned into a complete gghost he does next to nothing out there.. he started the season with a couple goals and gave everyone some false hope

Don't get me started on Brunner...I wanted to give him a one-way ticket back to Switzerland after this game, especially considering how bad he's been and how he's supposedly whining about his creativity being stifled.  **** that, at least compete out there.

For all the crap we hear about CORSI shmorsi the devils are due to do blah blah there shooting percentage will get better, they're going to score a goal blah blah

In their last 31 games dating back to last season they've been shut out NINE TIMES

9!!! How is that statistically possible. Has any team been shut out so much in such a stretch? How about 0-21 in our last 21 shootout attempts. A gorilla with a hockey stick would somehow figure out a way to score at least once in that many tries

so basically why aren't the Devils forfeiting every 4th game? Just flat out don't play. Doesn't matter the goalie they face...they're not going to score

Not to mention three of the shutouts this season are against Montoya, Scrivens and Emery.  Freaking trash all of them.

They really sucked at pricing games this season

You hit that nail on the head, not sure how you raise the price of tickets and concessions after a lockout, then fail to make the playoffs, then lose all.of your premier players. In case the new owners haven't noticed, there isnt exactly a huge following for this franchise. Bring back the ticket deals from 2 and 3 years ago.

As for the game tonight, it was extremely frustrating, but lets pump the brakes. They played well, I just can't stand when this team has the chance to put the puck on net to create a chance and instead tries to make an impossible pass and the puck goes the other way. It had to happen a dozen times tonight. Frustrating loss but we didnt look bad.

In Cory Schneider's 9 starts, the Devils have only scored 10 goals and have been shutout 4 times, unreal. Devils came into the night only shooting 5.1% in front of Schneider...and that number just goes down further. Can't wait for regression (in a good way) to a normal SH%.

Kings avg 32.0 shots for/60, only had 21 tonight. Kings allow 24.7 shots against/60, Devils had 26 tonight. Shame the Devils didn't at least salvage a point tonight. Unfortunate result.

Ryder and Brunner continue to disappoint.

Really felt for Cory tonight.

I know the Devils did look good at times tonight...but goddammit, I swear this bunch can really set back hockey at times...they were unwatchable for roughly half the game...looked like a bunch of disorganized discombobulated clowns. 

That's now 120 minutes of live Devils hockey I've subjected my daughter to.  I dream of the day she gets to see the Devils score one fvcking goal.  Just one.

• Like 1

Really felt for Cory tonight.

I know the Devils did look good at times tonight...but goddammit, I swear this bunch can really set back hockey at times...they were unwatchable for roughly half the game...looked like a bunch of disorganized discombobulated clowns. 

That's now 120 minutes of live Devils hockey I've subjected my daughter to.  I dream of the day she gets to see the Devils score one fvcking goal.  Just one.

lol ouch...make sure before you go next time Marty's playing, then maybe you'll see an actual goal :P

Check that, I forgot the first game for you was the Flyer game where Marty did play - oy vey.  Maybe you should get her into soccer, most soccer teams score more than the Devils :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

lol ouch...make sure before you go next time Marty's playing, then maybe you'll see an actual goal :P

Check that, I forgot the first game for you was the Flyer game where Marty did play - oy vey.  Maybe you should get her into soccer, most soccer teams score more than the Devils :lol:

Yeah, the fun keeps on comin'. 

Funny re: the soccer comment...that's what it felt like at times. 

I calmed down during the drive home, but I was plenty pissed when the game first ended.  This team can be so friggin' aggravating to watch at times.