Summer 2013 UFA/RFA Thread

Derlique

I didn't think he'd get so much. I wonder how that affects Clarkson's agent's giant head...

You can't compare a All-world talent like Alfredsson to Clarkson.   I can't see anyone paying Clarkson what has been rumored it is too insane.   

$5.5 is good value for someone of Alfie's caliber.    Playing with Detroit will be great for him as he doesn't have to carry the entire team anymore.

But how could Ott not match that deal?  1 year at 5.5m?  Come on, think of the legacy!

Ott might have been able to match it and probably would. The issue was he asked the Sens to increase their internal cap, but they would not. Can't blame him for being frustrated that the Sens won't spend $10-15 million more to improve the team. He probably feels the team is close but needs a few free agents to win.

Detroit is a cap team and moving to a weaker conference in the East only helps their chances as well. 

You can't compare a All-world talent like Alfredsson to Clarkson.   I can't see anyone paying Clarkson what has been rumored it is too insane.   

$5.5 is good value for someone of Alfie's caliber.    Playing with Detroit will be great for him as he doesn't have to carry the entire team anymore.

That in no way means his agent won't try to use it. I know Alfredsson is light years ahead of Clarkson

That in no way means his agent won't try to use it. I know Alfredsson is light years ahead of Clarkson

Any GM with two brain cells to rub together would laugh their ass off if Clarkson's agent was like, 'you see Alfredsson got $5.5m so it's reasonable for my client to expect more than that'.

Any GM with two brain cells to rub together would laugh their ass off if Clarkson's agent was like, 'you see Alfredsson got $5.5m so it's reasonable for my client to expect more than that'.

Any GM should be laughing their ass off at Clarkson for 5 - 6 million, but they aren't. Free agency does strange things to GM's. 

Alfredsson is still one of the best forwards in the league, Ottawa is not going to make the playoffs now.  He is that good.  Clarkson is there #2 option from what I hear.

This should be a very selective UFA market with the salary cap being reduced.   I think he will re-sign with NJ, for a reasonable price, Lou has a little time.

Ready, Steady....GO!

Not even close.  Ottawa has a very deep young team.  They are solid all the way through.  They will definitely be a playoff team next year.

Not even close.  Ottawa has a very deep young team.  They are solid all the way through.  They will definitely be a playoff team next year.

They are young, but the are NOT solid, there are lots of holes that were covered up by Alfredsson.    There is no way they make the playoffs without their best player.  

Handzus re-signs with Hawks (Mckenzie)