2013-2014 Lineup/Roster Thread

devilsrule33

Brodeur being rusty wasn't an issue when Cory played how many games in a row after the outdoor classic. 

They needed to play Brodeur before the Outdoor game , so he wouldn't be rusty for the outdoor game. That worked well. Now they need the one of the worst goalies statistically not to be rusty for...for...for...The fvcking playoffs are on the line. Go with the better goalie and not worry about anyone else.

Again, for me this goes back to the chat Lou and Marty had after the break. Marty was down and out, but came back after the deadline really happy with his role. A role that I imagine was told would change. He wanted to be part of the push for the playoffs, and I think he was guaranteed he would. No reason to start him tomorrow otherwise. If Cory posted a shootout, you "risk" losing Marty again like Pete did after the Rangers debacle. This was probably promised to Brodeur that it would not happen again. 

I think he was guaranteed a shot if he played well, and he's played relatively well.  But again we need him now to keep playing well so he'll fool some idiot team in the off-season - him playing bad or not playing would only increase the chances that he comes back here and talks about how 'I always wanted to stay here'.

I think he was guaranteed a shot if he played well, and he's played relatively well.  But again we need him now to keep playing well so he'll fool some idiot team in the off-season - him playing bad or not playing would only increase the chances that he comes back here and talks about how 'I always wanted to stay here'.

Sadly, the only fool Marty has been fooling is the GM of the New Jersey Devils. The rest of the league is not going to be interested. When I say the rest of the league, I mean the 3-4 teams that Brodeur has on his "want to sign with" list, which right now probably reads..."whomever the Eastern and Western Conference Finals' representatives will be" 

More of the same.

If Marty's here next year I don't know what I'll do, honestly. Follow the team more distantly until he's gone? Hope Cory decides to stick around, despite playing second fiddle to a 42 year old who clearly hasn't been better.

Cory should start tonight. Ridiculous.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sadly, the only fool Marty has been fooling is the GM of the New Jersey Devils. The rest of the league is not going to be interested. When I say the rest of the league, I mean the 3-4 teams that Brodeur has on his "want to sign with" list, which right now probably reads..."whomever the Eastern and Western Conference Finals' representatives will be" 

I am very much not convinced of this - if Brodeur has a good stretch run, someone will want him.  And I think he badly wants to go elsewhere.

Marty starting tomorrow after three straight losses when Cory has two straight wins...Pete and Lou have definitely jumped the shark.

Both have to go for allowing this. This is unforgivable. If they are this stupid, or if they are gleefully punting a season to stroke Marty's ego then they absolutely don't belong here anymore

I can't believe what Lou has turned into with the handling of Brodeur.

Marty should've gotten the John MacLean treatment. Remember, Mac was a Devils legend back then.

He became a bitch and Lou kicked him to the curb in a second. And MacLean wasn't anywhere near as ancient as Brodeur. But we got over it. If Brodeur was traded we would've gotten over it by now as well

Marty should've gotten the John MacLean treatment. Remember, Mac was a Devils legend back then.

He became a bitch and Lou kicked him to the curb in a second. And MacLean wasn't anywhere near as ancient as Brodeur. But we got over it. If Brodeur was traded we would've gotten over it by now as well

I believe MacLean demanded a trade.  Brodeur just told the press every day about how much he didn't want a trade and how Lou would have to approach him first and how he'd like to stay here and how he'd like playing time but not a trade but he'd like to stay here but playing time would be nice and he's thought about going elsewhere but no he'd rather remain here.

I believe MacLean demanded a trade.  Brodeur just told the press every day about how much he didn't want a trade and how Lou would have to approach him first and how he'd like to stay here and how he'd like playing time but not a trade but he'd like to stay here but playing time would be nice and he's thought about going elsewhere but no he'd rather remain here. And how if he was traded it wouldn't matter if it was to a playoff team and oh wait a second I have a list of 8 teams but I'd like to stay here

If Cory was signed beyond next year this would be somewhat comical, but since he's not it's just annoying.  Yeah sit Cory out earlier in the year when he was on fire because he's not winning but when Marty's not winning that's okay cause he's playing well.  Honestly they're more or less using whatever metric they can that particular week to justify playing Marty the majority of games.

This is inexcusable. It's like we're not even trying to make the playoffs anymore.  The season is literally on the line and they are still trying to appease Marty.  I'm not going to blast DeBoer because this has to be coming from above him   You don't have the balls to pull Brodeur after two bad goals in the playoffs against Florida and then play him now when the season and probably his job is on the line.  As others have said, I think this all goes back to promises Lou must have made at the deadline to MB41 and at this point it should be the end of the line for Lou.   

Honestly, I'm still not completely over the Johnny Mac for Doug Bodger trade. Maybe I should be at this point, but he was my favorite player and it was heartbreaking to see him in another jersey after I really thought he'd be our first number retired.

This is inexcusable. It's like we're not even trying to make the playoffs anymore.  The season is literally on the line and they are still trying to appease Marty.  I'm not going to blast DeBoer because this has to be coming from above him   You don't have the balls to pull Brodeur after two bad goals in the playoffs against Florida and then play him now when the season and probably his job is on the line.  As others have said, I think this all goes back to promises Lou must have made at the deadline to MB41 and at this point it should be the end of the line for Lou.   

No, I really don't think so - I mean, I think maybe Brodeur playing against Long Island came from above, but everything else has just followed from there - Schneider wouldn't be sitting if he hadn't played poorly in most of his games recently.

pete looks for excuses to play marty. different strokes for different folks. i'm furious that marty is starting. his rust should be of no concern.

like a disobedient child, this toy must be taken away from the coach. this is punting the season plain and simple.

The irony is Marty's best play has come after extended breaks lol...he went on his late October-early November hot streak after sitting nine days.  He came out hot after the break from sitting a month.  While Cory's best play came when he was clearly the guy in January/early February and getting the majority of starts.

But god forbid we play Cory two games in a row down the stretch now that the playoffs are on the line. 

No, I really don't think so - I mean, I think maybe Brodeur playing against Long Island came from above, but everything else has just followed from there - Schneider wouldn't be sitting if he hadn't played poorly in most of his games recently.

How about Detroit at home the day before the trade deadline? Yeah, Cory lost to San Jose but he beat Columbus coming out of the break and Marty beat the Isles. Why should MB41 have gotten the first Detroit game? He stood to get one of the back to backs the following weekend anyway.

Edited by Lateralous

Do you ever fvcking read anything before you post?  Jesus christ.  I'm normally one of your defenders but PEOPLE HAVE POSTED THIS ALREADY

Nah, why would he do that? The post count is more important than the content.

Also, I'm so done with DeBoer. The double standard is awful and just flat out unacceptable.

How about Detroit at home the day before the trade deadline? Yeah, Cory lost to San Jose but he beat Columbus coming out of the break and Marty beat the Isles. Why should MB41 have gotten the first Detroit game? He stood to get one of the back to backs the following weekend anyway.

Schneider wasn't good in either game - it's not really defensible, given that we've seen that the Devils season is like Whose Line Is It Anyway - the rules are made up and the points don't matter.  But if you were starting each guy on an equal footing, for some reason, that's what you'd do.

Schneider wasn't good in either game - it's not really defensible, given that we've seen that the Devils season is like Whose Line Is It Anyway - the rules are made up and the points don't matter.  But if you were starting each guy on an equal footing, for some reason, that's what you'd do.

That's a great fvcking line. Bravo sir.

I for one was fine with Mike Brown's post. I had taken a nap and thought the whole thing was a dream until he reminded me it wasn't.

Honestly, I'm still not completely over the Johnny Mac for Doug Bodger trade. Maybe I should be at this point, but he was my favorite player and it was heartbreaking to see him in another jersey after I really thought he'd be our first number retired.

I remember when he had stated that he had asked Lou for a trade in a pre-game interview...actually made me feel a little sick.  Really bummed me out at the time.  Kind of sucked that he never gave his new role a chance.  That's part of what made Stevens so special...the guy has an awesome offensive season in '93-'94, and the Devils ask him to become more of a defensive guy.  He did it without complaint. 

I always annoy first then derail the thread.

Fixed.

Seriously, what was the point of posting something everyone already knew?  You'll play the "who, me?" card, but you know full well what you're doing when you pull crap like that.  Is it so hard to heed the advice that YOU yourself asked for in PMs to multiple members?  If you took any of it, you wouldn't keep pissing people off. 

I don't have an issue with Marty starting.  I am fine with either guy getting the start because I think they can both play and get us a W.  I think Marty is starting because we've had 3 days off as a team, and 4 for him.    If we are actually able to sneak into the playoffs, who do people think is going to be the starter then?  Do you think we'll continue to see the back and forth time splitting stuff that we have seen pretty much all season?    I see that people are furious already, and even though I'm not in that group at the moment, I would in fact be beyond pissed if they continued in the post-season because I do not believe in that in the playoffs when there's pretty much a game every other day and it matters the most.   If we sneak in, personally I think Brodeur gets most of the starts initially because he's the proven guy with experience and it could be his last shot at it.  I think he's on a short leash though and if he chokes or has trouble in 1 or 2 games at most then I think Cory gets the nod from there on and that is effectively the end of Brodeur.    That's how I'd do it, anyway. 

Oh, and speaking of our lineup...I am not in favor of Gelinas as a forward.  He just needs further development at DEFENSE.  No need to remove his offensive talents from the blueline and take up a forward spot.  Do no like that move at all, even if it's not "permanent" as DeBoer has said.

Edited by NJDfan1711