GDT: SCF GAME 6 - New Jersey @ Los Angeles

NJCroMag

As bad as it is for Bernier, it's the Stanley Cup Finals and he's just pumped up. They wanted to keep hitting as it was working and the Devils won 2 games by outhitting LA. It's a split second decision, albeit it a bad one. Bernier didn't give up 3 goals on the PP, the Devils D did. You get this far by picking up your teammates. The Devils gave the Flyers 2 PP's in OT...and they picked each other up and killed them off. The Devils needed to rally around the penalty and get out of it unscathed or with 1 goal. They didn't do that, and THAT is what lost this game. The "best penalty kill in NHL history" needed to be big. They weren't. They lost.

I really think the Devils just couldn't overcome their Rangers' hangover the first few games and that lead to having no room for error.

Thanks for the playoff run, it was my favorite by far because this came out of nowhere...and beating Phil and NYR was a dream come true. Finally, congratulations to the Kings who WERE big when they had to be. I still don't think they're as good as NJ...or even Phil or NYR, but they came through when they had to.

Let's get healthy over the summer, resign Parise and work even harder to finish the job in 2013.

GO DEVILS!

THIS guy knows what he is talking about...before you say something stupid, listen to his statement here, especially the part about Bernier

At least they have some pride and aren't quitting. Nice work Henrique.

At least they have some pride and aren't quitting. Nice work Henrique.

They're not quitters. The whole season has taught us that.

Vince McMahon should present the Cup later. What a joke.

This is perfect lol. Well see what the next twenty minutes have in store...

I know who it is, I'm just wondering how the last 2 got misconducts. Clarkie's stick wasn't nearly serious enough to merit it, and I have no fvcking clue what Carter did.

Carter, late drive on Quick.

That's the misconduct? Jesus tittyfvcking Christ. I hope this ref's family suffers and dies in front of him and he has to watch.

Clarkson hit someone in the face with an elbow when he was going off the ice for a shift change. I'm pretty sure that's what drew the misconduct. But honestly, when my son told be Carter got ta misconduct as well I though he meant Jeff Carter. Jesus, what a way to go out (if we lose).

Edited by jim777

Clarkson hit someone in the face with an elbowwhen he was going off the ice for a shift change. I'm pretty sure that's what drew the misconduct.

I saw it. I've also seen worse in a goal mouth scrum go unpenalized. Throwing out misconducts like candy is not officiating. In fact, when the officials are this unfair, MORE dangerous stuff usually happens as the players get frustrated.

Easy to forget that they're human beings. They have to be shell-shocked by how this has all unfolded.

Yeah, especially when crap the Kings pull (the hit on Gionta, among other things) doesn't get called but they basically get the game decided in the first ten minutes because of an unneccesary major call. It's not as if Bernier has a history of being out to get people, you can't decide it that way, I'm sorry. I know the PK was ****, as usual in the playoffs but come on.

I guess we better start shooting high on Quick in the 3rd. :whistling:

When the site went down, I briefly thought PhillyDev had somehow crashed the server. He's in my head.