The Yankees

Jerrydevil

As a Yankee hater, it disappoints me to say that, most likely, no one is beating this team in the playoffs. They've got that special something now, a mix of youth and veteran players, and they've been on a serious roll for a long time now. They have importantly shored up their bullpen and rotation. Not even the Yankee killers, the Anaheim Angels, will stop this train.

As a Yankee hater, it disappoints me to say that, most likely, no one is beating this team in the playoffs. They've got that special something now, a mix of youth and veteran players, and they've been on a serious roll for a long time now. They have importantly shored up their bullpen and rotation. Not even the Yankee killers, the Anaheim Angels, will stop this train.

I can not imagine what the yankmees would do If someone out there hated them any more than you do Jerry! :P

Fiesty, the Angels have been the Yankees' nemesis for about five years now, during the playoffs and regular season, but I envision that ending this year, if they play each other. The Angels, as you probably know, have some problems as the playoffs approach. Their bullpen has been faltering and a couple of their key hitters, Gary Matthews and Vlad Guerrero, are dinged up.

Anyway, with the way Cleveland is playing, THEY may very well get the top seed. If that happens, the Yankees will beat the Indians and Cleveland will rue the day they made Joe Borowski their closer.

Edited by Jerrydevil

Ugh, it makes me so ill!

But I gotta give them props. They have the air of a champion.

Not to get off-topic since this is the Yankee thread but that ugh sentiment above is exactly how I feel whenever the f-in Patriots win a game--the cheaters

This is another instance where peripheral statistics were telling a better story than W-L record. The Yankees about halfway through the season had a fantastic run differential and the fact that their record didn't match that strongly suggested they were getting a lot more bad luck than good and now that is evening out so that the record more closely reflects their run differenetial.