Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

what the hell.

did anybody else see what cujo signed for? under a million, 900,000 dollars, thats insane. He is worth way more than that and that is an over 7 million dollar pay cut...wow. i guess he really wanted to play...he is getting paid as much as freaking boucher....this is just odd.

Edited by bruins4777

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't blame ya Karlovy. But are those tears of joy or real tears cause it hurts being able to bring back Chara and Redden?

Hossa got a huge help from other players signing long-term deals. In particular Tampa overpaying Lecavalier and Nash getting that big extension. It set it up for Hossa to get what he wanted.

I like your overall design. Very formal stuff, I'm impressed.

I just write to pass the time away... mostly my whimsical obsessions over Russian hockey and a certain Czech keeper...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

by the name of lukas mensantor who happens to be on the very team you despise, the vancouver canucks.

I like your overall design. Very formal stuff, I'm impressed.

I just write to pass the time away... mostly my whimsical obsessions over Russian hockey and a certain Czech keeper...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. Will have U.S. Open previews by the weekend.

Also, LeClerc to the Coyotes.

Just what is Burke's plan, here? Giving up a 2nd rounder for Fedoruk, trading the team's captain to the Rangers, and now dealing LeClerc for a conditional draft pick. Plus, I know it's not Burke's doing really, but Chistov will be in Russia for the season.

I seem to recall Lupul and Smid are signed to pro contracts; what about Getzlaf?

Also, LeClerc to the Coyotes.

Just what is Burke's plan, here? Giving up a 2nd rounder for Fedoruk, trading the team's captain to the Rangers, and now dealing LeClerc for a conditional draft pick. Plus, I know it's not Burke's doing really, but Chistov will be in Russia for the season.

I seem to recall Lupul and Smid are signed to pro contracts; what about Getzlaf?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Getzlaf signed last year, but returned to junior due to the lockout.

Not sure where to put this & it doesn't deserve a thread, so here it goes:

New Refs for the new Rules:

Tue, August 23, 2005

NHL promotes referees from AHL ranks

Wes McCauley worked the Calder Cup Finals in 2004 and 2005.

The National Hockey League has announced the promotion of Wes McCauley and Dan O'Rourke, two of its top American Hockey League officials, to full-time status as NHL referees for the 2005-06 season.

McCauley, 33, played four seasons at Michigan State and was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings in 1990. The Toronto native began officiating in Ontario before he was hired by the National Hockey League to work in the AHL in 2001. McCauley's AHL highlights included officiating in the Calder Cup Finals in 2004 and 2005.

The son of the late NHL referee and director of officiating John McCauley, Wes made his NHL debut in 2003.

Dan O'Rourke worked three straight Calder Cup Finals (2003-05) and the 2004 AHL All-Star Game.

O'Rourke, 32, started officiating in the NHL's development program in 1999 as a linesman, working the 2000 Calder Cup Finals. He spent the next season in the NHL, then returned to the AHL in 2001 to train as a referee.

O'Rourke was again selected to work the Calder Cup Finals, this time as referee, in 2003, 2004 and 2005, and was the referee for the 2004 AHL All-Star Game in Grand Rapids.

Entering its 70th season this fall, the American Hockey League continues to serve as a development ground for National Hockey League players, coaches, executives, officials and front-office personnel alike. More than 80 percent of all current NHL players have skated in the AHL in their careers.

Link

MVP St. Louis signed by Tampa for 6 year deal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just to add to this it was for $31.5M over that 6 years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So the Lightning now consist of Lacavalier, St. Louis, and 21 guys making the league minimum?

http://nhlspot.blogspot.com/

Jamie Langenbrunner is being shopped by the New Jersey Devils.

-------

Obviously with the source take that with a grain of salt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't like that at all.

Then again, this guy also had Almo to Florida or Washington. (no mention of the Devils)

He also has Bondra in LA, no wait Washington, no Atlanta or Florida, or maybe San Jose... but he's hearing a lot about Philly...

Whatever. :blahblah::rolleyes:

Cujo is an average goalie who should be in the 700,000 range.  He was replaced by Legace.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cujo is a great goalie who was never replaced by legace.

He started the season injured. Then in an effort to get rid of him detroit sent him to the minors and waived him and such without giving him a chance to play, they gave him a chance at last, he exceled. He was then injured by korlyuk who tackled cujo as he was handling the puck. legace was given the chance the rest of the way then finally to the playoffs where he played average cujo stole the job back and played fantastic. And he played nearly as well, if not just as well, as kipprusoft in the dead things flames series.

So the Lightning now consist of Lacavalier, St. Louis, and 21 guys making the league minimum?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really. They also signed Richards a couple of years ago to a longterm deal. So, he'll be in Tampa another two or three years. And they also gave Modin an extension last summer. I think Fedotenko is also signed. This team will have its core intact for the future. The question is how will it be affected cap-wise?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.